Last visit was: 29 May 2024, 06:29 It is currently 29 May 2024, 06:29
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:HBS/KSG Class of 2014 (deferring)
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operation, Supply Chain, Product Management
Schools:MIT Sloan 2012
Send PM
Re: MIT LGO fellow applicant for LGO program starting in 2010 [#permalink]
Anyone got any suggestion on getting to Cambridge?

I am in NYC and when I attended the ambassador day back in October, I drove in from NYC at 5am in the morning and arrived at Cambridge at 9am. I left Boston around 9pm and got home around 1am. Let's just say that is one exhausting day.

I was thinking to take the amtrak train from NYC penn station early friday morning (my interview is in late afternoon) and take the train back to NYC afterward. I looked at the maps for the amtrak stations in Cambridge and they all seem to be very close to MIT, I am guess a short cab ride shouldn't cost too much?

Anyone else getting there by Amtrak? If so, what is the best station to get off? (It looks like the backbay station is the closest one?)

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:HBS/KSG Class of 2014 (deferring)
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
jzd wrote:
Anyone got any suggestion on getting to Cambridge?

I am in NYC and when I attended the ambassador day back in October, I drove in from NYC at 5am in the morning and arrived at Cambridge at 9am. I left Boston around 9pm and got home around 1am. Let's just say that is one exhausting day.

I was thinking to take the amtrak train from NYC penn station early friday morning (my interview is in late afternoon) and take the train back to NYC afterward. I looked at the maps for the amtrak stations in Cambridge and they all seem to be very close to MIT, I am guess a short cab ride shouldn't cost too much?

Anyone else getting there by Amtrak? If so, what is the best station to get off? (It looks like the backbay station is the closest one?)

Thanks

Don't know much about Amtrak, I do know its nice and pretty expensive. You could always take the Chinatown bus: https://www.chinatown-bus.org/
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
jzd, you should check out the Bolt Bus https://www.boltbus.com You can go from NYC to Boston for $10 each way and reviews on the service say that it's pretty comfortable and reliable. They arrive at Boston's South Station, which is the same destination as the Amtrak I think, so it should be fairly easy to get to MIT afterwards.

I'll be coming in Saturday myself since my interview is Monday, so probably won't have a chance to meet you unfortunately. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The Acela from Penn Station to South Station in Boston is the way to go if you want to spend the money. The calm/quiet atmosphere will be good to relax and prepare for the interview. I usually take the train to NY for business travel. When it's on my own dime I take the Fungwah bus https://www.fungwahbus.com/ which leaves from NY's Chinatown and arrives at South Station (by Boston's Chinatown). The buses are cramped and there's usually some thing annoying going on around you, e.g. some raver kid listening to techno at 150 dB on his ear buds for you to enjoy... so I would bring earplugs or your own headphones.

From south station you just just take the Red line train headed towards Alewife and get off at the MIT/Kendall stop (4 stops/~10min).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:MIT Sloan LGO, Kellogg MMM R1, Ross R2, Duke R1, UNC R1
Send PM
Just got an interview invitation from LGO... 02/02.

Any recommendations? Being an international (Peru), this is kind of a big deal!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everyone! I am new to this forum but I'm glad there is a forum dedicated for MIT LGO.

I have just received interivew invitation yesterday for MIT LGO. I am an international applicant from Asia. I was wondering are there any applicants who got invited to interview but cannot make it to the campus? I am currently working so it would be very difficult for me to take time off and travel there....I'm not sure whether it's the same as Sloan where they have hubs around Asia e.g. Hong Kong. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm very excited since I originally thought my background is weak and as an international citizen without working visa - I thought I almost had no chance. I also don't have degree in Engineering although I graduated my master degree in Supply Chain from UK and have been working in supply chain related field.

Anyhow, please let me know if anyone is going to conduct interview with MIT off campus. Congrad to those who got invitation, I know it has been a long journey :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was also invited on the 21st and will interview on the 2nd (international applicant as well); as everybody else got invited 2 weeks prior I was wondering if maybe we were not accepted to the LGO program, but are receiving invitations to interview for Sloan together with Sloan R2s, any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I guess that depends on the email you have received. On mine it clearly states that it is of the LGO program, yours should be like that too.

Btw, has anyone had any trouble reaching the office to set up the hour of the interview? I called all Friday with no success, and mailed her on Friday afternoon about his but have received no response yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations!

Is your interview on campus?

Does anyone know how many people usually attend interviewfest?

See you there soon
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Already programmed the interview! On campus, 02/02.

For what I've heard, they usually invite to Interviewfest around 100 people, and will offer admission to 55-60, to end up with a class of 50.

Anyone here going to the activities of Monday 02/01?
Current Student
Send PM
Congrats to the recent interview invitees! I'll be at the Interview Fest activities on 2/1 so hope to see some of you there.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone interview off-campus at all? Phone interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Do people with interviews got the names of their interviewers? I only have date and time, forgot to ask that when I called.

ps. tip for staying in boston: hotel 140. its close to a T station, its "cheap" (100 bucks a night), and you'll get to mit in 15 min.
Current Student
Send PM
Nope, didn't get an interviewer assigned when I called for my time slot. I'm pretty sure that MIT only uses adcom for interviews though so I would expect their format is pretty standardized.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Hi All !

Congratulations to all of ya'll who got interview invites and I hope you all make the final cut !

I'm an international LGO applicant and have a quick question about the Legatum Fellowship. Did anyone else get an email from Legatum with a link to the application ? Just wondering if its a generic email sent to all applicants that selected the Legatum fellowship in the application.

I have not been asked to interview and so am not sure if I should apply for the fellowship. I keep getting reminders from the Legatum Center. The application is a bit of a process and requires two more recommendations and mini-essays etc.

Any thoughts on what I should do ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
guille:
I don't think they would invite you just for Sloan because that would mean that you are not accepted to LGO, which they will not tell you until March 8th. As you applied to LGO the e-mail will most probably come from LGO and not Sloan (they told me LGO manages your whole application). I believe only in March you will see if you are given the opportunity to join LGO or Sloan.

khagan:
I think you should apply, invitations for interviewing could be given up to March 8th (according to LGO), so if you don't apply and are later accepted you will have missed the boat.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everybody!
Looking forward to meeting you this weekend. Is everyone going to the bowling night? Also, does anyone have any additioanl insight into the interviewers?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10