Last visit was: 17 Jun 2024, 07:35 It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 07:35
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 35128 [0]
Given Kudos: 5818
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1116 [0]
Given Kudos: 1765
GPA: 4
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Re: ARINGO MBA Adm. Consulting Q&A Session: Unlock Top-Ranked MBA Insights [#permalink]
Hello Respected Jenifer T and GMAT team,
Is there a timeline you recommend for having everything ready from now before Round 1 begins?
Send PM
Re: ARINGO MBA Adm. Consulting Q&A Session: Unlock Top-Ranked MBA Insights [#permalink]
Expert Reply
adarsh_218 wrote:
Hello Respected Jenifer T and GMAT team,
Is there a timeline you recommend for having everything ready from now before Round 1 begins?

Hi! I would start working on your to-do list as soon as possible.
*First - if you haven’t taken the GMAT/GRE yet that will be a priority, I’d try to have the first attempt by mid-July with room for a second attempt if needed in August
*Right now you can work on networking, creating an MBA resume (we did a GMAT Club Youtube on this yesterday), and formulating your Short and Long-term Goals
*Some applications are already published, but the rest will be out by mid-June, so plan to start by ~June 15 on essays
*July -early August you are working on refining your materials
*Early September you are submitting applications
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sounds perfect, thank you so much! I’ve saved this to my personal planner too. :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
ARINGO wrote:
Hi! I would start working on your to-do list as soon as possible.
*First - if you haven’t taken the GMAT/GRE yet that will be a priority, I’d try to have the first attempt by mid-July with room for a second attempt if needed in August
*Right now you can work on networking, creating an MBA resume (we did a GMAT Club Youtube on this yesterday), and formulating your Short and Long-term Goals
*Some applications are already published, but the rest will be out by mid-June, so plan to start by ~June 15 on essays
*July -early August you are working on refining your materials
*Early September you are submitting applications

Link for resume presentation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwWWF95QMy0
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was on this too. Was extremely insightful!

Would definitely recommend it to everyone interested in applying for an MBA.
Send PM
Expert Reply
awesome!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Respected Jenifer, In order to dedicate your best efforts and focus on particular applications, how many schools would you suggest we apply from your perspective?
Send PM
Expert Reply
adarsh_218 wrote:
Respected Jenifer, In order to dedicate your best efforts and focus on particular applications, how many schools would you suggest we apply from your perspective?

Typically candidates will apply to 5-7 schools to help their odds of landing an admit. There will be a mix of Stretch, Target and Safety schools on that list.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Makes sense! And would you also recommend adding more schools for round 2? Just as a backup in case round 1 doesn’t go well.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Typically you will get interview invites October to early November, so you’ll know if you need to start applications for Round 2. I would keep a list in mind for Round 2 just in case.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Understood. Thank you so much. I’m sorry for asking too many follow-ups!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Don’t apologize... that is what I’m here for!

And well... there aren’t many other questions being asked at this time... ;)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think most people are studying for their GMAT right now. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Hi Jenifer,
How’re you?
I would like to ask that I am currently an English language teacher in govt school specially for underprivileged children. It’s a boarding school.
Considering the set of skills of a teacher, do you think I should directly apply to B schools this year? Or should I do a short term course and switch job to private sector and then apply next year? I plan to take gmat test in july. Target- atleast 685
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Everyone, we have around 20 minutes left in this chat session. Ask your questions quickly
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have another question Respected Jenifer,
Technology oriented MBAs and colleges offering STEM tracks are gaining a lot of traction. Are there any particular colleges that you’re reminded of in this regard? I’m talking about B-Schools in US.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Jyotijk wrote:
Hi Jenifer,
How’re you?
I would like to ask that I am currently an English language teacher in govt school specially for underprivileged children. It’s a boarding school.
Considering the set of skills of a teacher, do you think I should directly apply to B schools this year? Or should I do a short term course and switch job to private sector and then apply next year? I plan to take gmat test in july. Target- atleast 685

2 thoughts/questions related to this - 1. How long have you been teaching? 2. Does teaching relate to your short/long-term goals?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2