Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:26 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Columbia, Fordham, NYU, Emory, U of Rochester UCLA, USC, UCI
 Q44  V27 GMAT 2: 610  Q44  V30 GMAT 3: 550  Q45  V22
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink]
Thank you, Aenigma and Applicant 1978! I will definitely let my student ambassador know in advance about the class I have planned, and I'm sure the admissions office will be helpful in evaluating my schedule.

Aenigma: my interview isn't until the end of March, but I'm glad to hear you're interviewing as well! Best of luck with yours -- I'm sure you will do brilliantly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:University of Chicago
 Q40  V44
Send PM
I was wondering if anyone is going to the Summer STart Interview day. I was hoping to see if we could maybe get a GMAT club post interview beer session to just discuss the day etc
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Re: Application Review Timeline [#permalink]
mrturbo311 wrote:
Hi members,

I recently took the GMAT and my score fell to 550 Q45 V22 (third attempt) from 610 Q44 V30 (2nd attempt), my first attempt was 580 Q44 V27. I will be submitting my application to NYU today, however I'm afraid that Adcom will see my new 550 score and jeopardize my admittance. Because the scores do not reach the school until approx 20 day after taking the GMAT, do you think Adcom will be able to print out the necessary documents for my before they receve my third GMAT score of 550? I was thinking if they are able to print out my GMAT score before receving the 3rd score, they will only see 580 and 610..Any thoughts?

They truly only look at the highest allowed score. Not number of sittings, trends or anything. Just the score.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Tepper Class of 2012
Send PM
Dinged on 02/25 for Round 2. Good luck to everyone else!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
hi there,

this is a bit of an off-topic post, but i wasn't sure where else to post this question... i had my stern interview last wed, and am just waiting to hear back (from stern and a few other schools). that being said, do you think quitting my job now jeopardizes any acceptances I may get? I know that all schools do a background check once you've committed to attend, and at the time of the bg check, if they find out i've left my job, i'm wondering if that'll be a problem?

I would prefer to wait until early April, when I've heard back from schools, but my department is undergoing a huge re-org NOW, and all transitions are happening this month. I don't want to burn any bridges and have been assigned to new client accounts, new subortinates, new supervisors, etc. My company would look terrible if they announce me to a new set of clients, only to have me leave within weeks... any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Darden (R1), Ross (R1), Stern (R1), Fuqua (R1), Booth (R2)
Send PM
Can someone post the dates of the official admitted student weekend (if it hasn't already happened...)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Send PM
Admit weekend is early April I think.

I don't imagine quitting your job makes a difference - they understand that your application is as you stand at that point in time; getting laid off or leaving can happen.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Schools:Wharton!!! Stern Columbia HBS
Send PM
Kudos
Crashing wrote:
Can someone post the dates of the official admitted student weekend (if it hasn't already happened...)

It's April 15-17.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Schools:Booth (admitted R1), NYU (interview Mar 4), UT (withdrawn), Rice (admitted R2) plus dings at HBS, Stanford, Wharton and CBS
 Q45  V46
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Oil and gas
Send PM
brave man quitting before you get accepted! I like it!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg (R2), Wharton (R2 - Int), Stern (R2)
Send PM
hey guys, can anyone comment on Stern's trend in sending out interview invites throughout round 2? i know they can technically send invites out up til april 1, but have majority of the invites gone out already?

i submitted on 1/15 but haven't heard anything yet...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Concentration: Finance and Strategy
Schools:[color=red][CBS Class of 2013]
 Q37  V40 GMAT 2: 700  Q43  V44
GPA: 3.88
WE 1: 2 years investment banking (middle-market)
WE 2: 3.5 years transaction modeling / consulting (big 4)
Send PM
Kudos
I submitted on 1/15 and havent heard anything yet either. I think in my case the delay may be partly attributable to the fact that I sent an updated GMAt score after the deadline (1/27) and had stated that I was planning on doing so in essay 4 when I submitted my app. My understanding is that a lot of people are still waiting to hear back though so I wouldnt be too concerned just yet.

Also, I was recently informed that NYU has a rolling application evaluation process. the jan 15th is a deadline for round 2, but I believe that they have been reviewing round 2 apps in the order they were received since the round 1 deadline of 11/15. During an interview at one of my schools, I met a guy who had applied to Stern in december and he said that he was admitted a few weeks ago.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I asked admissions if the majority of invites for R2 had already gone out and I was 100% stonewalled with a canned response. C'est la vie.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Schools:Booth (admitted R1), NYU (interview Mar 4), UT (withdrawn), Rice (admitted R2) plus dings at HBS, Stanford, Wharton and CBS
 Q45  V46
WE 1: Oil and gas
Send PM
Kudos
If it helps you R2 guys I submitted R1 and am only just now interviewing. I got my invite at the end of Jan, maybe very early Feb. There's time...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance and Strategy
Schools:[color=red][CBS Class of 2013]
 Q37  V40 GMAT 2: 700  Q43  V44
GPA: 3.88
WE 1: 2 years investment banking (middle-market)
WE 2: 3.5 years transaction modeling / consulting (big 4)
Send PM
hypermeganet wrote:
I asked admissions if the majority of invites for R2 had already gone out and I was 100% stonewalled with a canned response. C'est la vie.

lol...I just called Stern and got the same response...I tried asking if there was a particular time during the review period where most of invites were sent out, or if there was anyway to get more information on my app status apart from the application status check page that tells me absolutely nothing. nada
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Simply by applying a uniform distribution, no, the majority of R2 invites have not gone out. Say take it that the first R2 would have been Feb 1 (giving two weeks to sort files, which is ambitious). That means they are maybe half way through.

The reason they cannot or will not say is that the approach is iterative: Interview, decide, if no return to interview -until the target makeup and size of class is reached. It is simply impossible to say how it stands. Safe to say that your chances are not gone.

I wouldn't bother calling as you will never get any more than the fact that invites go out until and including April 1.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Kudos
It's actually a "rolling notification" process, you may be invited to interview at anytime until the deadline. However, applications are not read in the order they are received, they are more often than not just picked randomly.

quantconcerns wrote:
Also, I was recently informed that NYU has a rolling application evaluation process.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Booth-Class of 2012
Send PM
For those of you that have already interviewed, how long did you wait to get the final decision from Stern? I know that they say up to 3 weeks, but I would like to know if people normally hear back quicker
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  54