Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 11:20 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 11:20
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Sustainable Enterprise & Operations
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q48  V32 GMAT 2: 710  Q49  V38
WE 1: Consumer Goods / IT
WE 2: Retail / Logistics
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Yes, I paid the deposit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Did anyone from R1 waitlist get an update from Ross?

I am still waiting - the last I heard they evaluate candidates at the end of each round. Should we expect to hear back from the adcom soon?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Mgmt.
 Q50  V40
Send PM
radicalchange wrote:
Did anyone from R1 waitlist get an update from Ross?

I am still waiting - the last I heard they evaluate candidates at the end of each round. Should we expect to hear back from the adcom soon?

Hi there radicalchange, I'm a R1 waitlist too. You heard it right. R3 decision is due May 15.
I attended a chat with Ross ad-com yesterday on accepted.com (hope you did too).
It was made clear that R1 applicants can hear anytime till May-june(if international) and may be even later(if you are from the States). Apparently they are already re-evaluating some R1 waitlists. A couple of ppl on the Waitlist google group have reported denials in the past 2 days.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Thanks dreamer!

Good luck to us both! :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Well, this is interesting. I just got an email from UPS saying that something's on the way of being delivered to me, but I'm not really expecting anything in the mail except my admit package. Could this be it? For Invoice Number, it says UOM. Does that stand for University of Michigan? If it is indeed the admit package, UPS is going to make it a bit hard, because they require a signature. But I'm going to be working on the day of expected delivery. I think they leave a note or something if you're not home, right? Maybe there's a box on there I can check off that waives the signature requirement? It would suck if I have to take the day off or pick up the package from the UPS processing center or something. Any ideas?
Current Student
Send PM
Yeah, that's got to be it. I got that email too and so did GoBruins. Weird that the package is coming from Source One Distribution. Maybe they outsourced all the package mailing.

I don't believe you can waive the sig requirement. UPS will probably leave a note on your door saying that they will either reattempt delivery or that you can go pick up your package after a certain time at your nearest UPS store.

Originally posted by ariel on 19 Mar 2010, 12:46.
Last edited by ariel on 19 Mar 2010, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
i got that too...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg, Ross, Stern-withdrew, Fuqua
Send PM
I and another friend of mine, received the same email.
Current Student
Send PM
ariel wrote:
I don't believe you can waive the sig requirement. UPS will probably leave a note on your door saying that they will either reattempt delivery or that you can go pick up your package after a certain time at your nearest UPS store.

Doh! That sucks. UPS = fail.

I don't want to take the day off, b/c that means losing a day's worth of pay, since I'm leaving at the end of May, and I'm using vacation time to extend my official last day into June.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
About UPS, when I received my admit call, she told me signature was required and I said, that's fine, I'll just go pick it up at the distribution center and she told me I couldn't do that, that it was set up to send it back if they couldn't get a signature...hopefully that's not the case.
Current Student
Send PM
highhopes wrote:
About UPS, when I received my admit call, she told me signature was required and I said, that's fine, I'll just go pick it up at the distribution center and she told me I couldn't do that, that it was set up to send it back if they couldn't get a signature...hopefully that's not the case.

That sounds pretty hardcore. I really hope that's not the case here.
Current Student
Send PM
highhopes wrote:

Doh! Meh. USPS is much easier. This is one time I'll give Uncle Sam credit for doing something better than the private sector.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Alpha Phi Omega, Golden Key, Phi Kappa Phi
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Product Development, Marketing, General Management in High Tech, (New) Media, Computer Entertainment
Schools:Ross (CGSM), Maryland, Columbia, CGSM: Stern, Darden, Cornell
 Q49  V41
GPA: 3.89
WE 1: Software/Product Dev (3 yrs)
WE 2: Patent Drafting/Prosecution (1 yr)
Send PM
I was actually told to expect this email by the person who called me with admissions info. Glad to finally know when the package is going to arrive. Oh, and he did mention that the shipping was outsourced, so good catch ariel! He also did mention the signature requirement and asked me to provide a mailing address where I could be sure someone would be available to sign for it. Fortunately for me, I can work from home next Tuesday, but I'd be shocked if they (UPS) wouldn't at least leave a note and try again the next day!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: social enterprise
Schools:University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Check your UPS distribution center's hours. Most of them are open until at least 7 and often on Saturdays, so you should be able to get it without missing work.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Schools:HBS (R2), Ross (R2)
 Q48  V46
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 3.5 yrs sales & project mgmt at financial services firm
Send PM
Kudos
idcandy wrote:
He also did mention the signature requirement and asked me to provide a mailing address where I could be sure someone would be available to sign for it.

I've been anguished by this requirement for as long as I've been living in my current townhouse. UPS sucks so bad about this that I wrote a letter to Amazon asking them to stop using UPS. Here's what I've been able to gather: if you live in a multi-unit housing type (like in a townhouse, condo, or apartment), UPS is always going to require a signature (though FedEx and USPS don't). If you live in a single-family detached house, it's likely the driver will be OK to leave a parcel without a signature UNLESS the sender paid extra to guarantee that it would be signed for upon receipt (I can't imagine Ross's literature vendor would pay extra for something like that).

I have to believe that you can always pick it up at the UPS distribution center regardless of whether the sender paid for the signature requirement; I've been to my local UPS distro many times, and it's never been a problem.

UPS makes 3 attempts at delivery before they send it back. If you need to pick it up at the distribution center, you'll need to request that they hold it there for you before the third attempt.
Current Student
Send PM
euxeno wrote:
idcandy wrote:
He also did mention the signature requirement and asked me to provide a mailing address where I could be sure someone would be available to sign for it.

I've been anguished by this requirement for as long as I've been living in my current townhouse. UPS sucks so bad about this that I wrote a letter to Amazon asking them to stop using UPS. Here's what I've been able to gather: if you live in a multi-unit housing type (like in a townhouse, condo, or apartment), UPS is always going to require a signature (though FedEx and USPS don't). If you live in a single-family detached house, it's likely the driver will be OK to leave a parcel without a signature UNLESS the sender paid extra to guarantee that it would be signed for upon receipt (I can't imagine Ross's literature vendor would pay extra for something like that).

I have to believe that you can always pick it up at the UPS distribution center regardless of whether the sender paid for the signature requirement; I've been to my local UPS distro many times, and it's never been a problem.

UPS makes 3 attempts at delivery before they send it back. If you need to pick it up at the distribution center, you'll need to request that they hold it there for you before the third attempt.

How did you find out where your local UPS distribution center is? I tried looking on their website, but haven't had any luck so far.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Schools:HBS (R2), Ross (R2)
 Q48  V46
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 3.5 yrs sales & project mgmt at financial services firm
Send PM
Kudos
milias wrote:
How did you find out where your local UPS distribution center is? I tried looking on their website, but haven't had any luck so far.

At UPS.com, select your country, click "Find Locations" on the navigation menu at the left, type in your Zip Code, and deselect all of the location types except "UPS Customer Center".
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  82   83   84   85   86  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts