Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:38 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hmm, I'm not sure if a part-time finance degree will help. What would help you more would be great examples of leadership and initiative in the workplace. Do you have some good experiences to draw upon?

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
quixx23 wrote:
Hmm, I'm not sure if a part-time finance degree will help. What would help you more would be great examples of leadership and initiative in the workplace. Do you have some good experiences to draw upon?

Scott

Hey,
Now I've started worrying whether my profile is too common to try for h/s/w. I've got an alternative plan too (don't know how good it is). Could u suggest me some good universities to do an M.S in Finance ? How bright are the chances of a good job after an MS in finance? Which are the univs which will accept my GPA of 3.2? I have a GRE of 1480/1500. With good Quant scores.
Regards
Aspirant.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Schools like Berkeley and LBS offers a Masters in Finance, but I don't know if I'd recommend that path for you. If you're truly interested in entrepreneurship and want to meet like-minded people, you're probably not going to get a lot out of a Masters in Finance.

You can get a great job with that kind of degree, but it will almost certainly be a very finance-specific job. If you're interested more in entrepreneurship, then you probably want the more general-management-type perspective that an MBA can provide.

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
quixx23 wrote:
Schools like Berkeley and LBS offers a Masters in Finance, but I don't know if I'd recommend that path for you. If you're truly interested in entrepreneurship and want to meet like-minded people, you're probably not going to get a lot out of a Masters in Finance.

You can get a great job with that kind of degree, but it will almost certainly be a very finance-specific job. If you're interested more in entrepreneurship, then you probably want the more general-management-type perspective that an MBA can provide.

Scott

Hey Scott,
Thanx a million for your reply. I know an MS in finance will not completely help my entrepreneurial ambition, but still could u suggest me a few good schools which offer an MS in finance. Importantly, what are the schools that would suit my GPA-GRE.
Regards
Aspirant.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Take a look at London, Berkeley, Vandebilt, and Maryland. Those are few that immediately come to mind. About your GPA, I wouldn't start narrowing down your list based on your GPA. Even for MS programs, I think your challenge will be differentiating yourself more than explaining a 3.2 GPA (which isn't that bad). So, worry less about your GPA and more about building a unique application story, no matter what program you're targeting.

Scott
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]