Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:FuquaR1, JohnsonR3, TuckEA , Marriott w/ $$
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink]
Roll Call Updated
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
For the roll call:

Withdrew for MIT Sloan
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:R1: Kellogg WL, Haas WL, Fuqua, Darden R2: Wharton
 Q48  V44
GPA: 3.09
WE 1: Biotech Strategy
WE 2: Health Economics
Send PM
Kudos
Withdrew for Wharton.

I'm happy to share essays with any Class of 2013 applicants. PM me if interested.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Good to be a Blue Devil right now!

King of the Dance :bouncer2 !

Roll Call Updated
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
oldschool83 wrote:
mossovet814 wrote:
Hello everybody!

My situation is following. I am an international applicant from Russia and I have been invited to the interview, which is a great thing, but there is one complication... I live in Moscow and it was impossible to find an alumni to hold this interview for me here. Thus, the admissions committee offered me two possibilities: either I go to another city (St. Petersburg) and have my interview there or they will find a 2nd year student to talk to me via the phone.

I have of course a possibility to go to St. Petersburg, but it will be REALLY complicated and rather difficult as I will have to leave my work and travel to another city and communications between cities in Russia are not that efficient... so, my question is - should I really persist and have my interview in person in another city or it will be OK if I schedule my phone interview with a student? Do they qualify the same? Or probably the adcom will take into consideration my step ahead and somehow the fact that I traveled to another city will be a better option for me than just talking to somebody over the phone?

By the way does somebody knows whether the adcom sent a lot of interview invitations this round? (just trying to evaluate my chances)

Thanks ahead for your replies!

Interesting. I am from Bulgaria and was initially invited for an interview in Moscow! However they later on found me a closer interview location and I did it in Athens.

My advice - go for the live interview. It shows you have interest in the school and it is usually a more relaxed experience. You also get the chance to ask more questions (always makes a good impression) than over the phone, when time is usually limited and the interviewers often hurry to fit you in their timeframes.

That's really interesting. I live in Athens and they told me that the only possible place to take the interview was in London. I chose the phone interview instead..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everybody!

Just had my interview today. Uf.. had to fly to another city for it - it was rather exhausting! :(

My interviewer was very friendly, she is not an allumni, but she works for Duke adcom here, in Russia. She was very friendly, there were no strict questions, we were just chatting and frankly speaking everything turned out to be less horrible and challenging that I though it would be.

At the end she gave me feedback. Said that she sees me as a very strong candidate and that she "will do everything possible" (that is in her hands) for me to get the positive decision. She said that I definitely according to her view have potential, however, she said that it is not very good that I applied in the third round (which is obvious, I guess). I explained that it is due to my problems at work, she put down my explanation and I guess she will include it in her report. So, it went somehow like this...

I don't know what to think. On the one hand, she talked to me in a very friendly manner and even openly said she would help me, provided me with very positive feedback. Still, I found these talks about the third round rather discouraging... Well... the still accept people in the third round, don't they? I mean - it is harder, but it is not VERY impossible... I guess... somehow about 20% of the class they still need to accept, right? Or I am getting something wrong here?

Did someone else have an interview? Or am I among the first ones? How did it go?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I applied for Round 3 and waiting for that final decision on April 22. I have not been invited to interview and don't know if that is a good sign or not. But right now I am still praying to get in for Fall 2010 or at least waitlisted. I'm interested to hear others stories from Rounds 1 and 2 about the process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was waitlisted R1 and am desperately hoping that there are still spots to be filled. Otherwise this wait is going to get even more torturous. Anyone have any insider info. about how many spots are left? How many people sent in deposits?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschool 2010 - I noticed that you applied to R3 to Johnson school (Cornell)? Have you already received a decision? Or may be u applied to R2?
Regarding your question, I think there is no such info. And it will be more or less clear after 22th April, when the R3 decisions will be released. The possibility of your candidacy of being accepted depends greatly how unique your profile is, and whether they are missing in the class the similar profiles. Anyway, i am driving in several hours to campus for my interview. I will try to ask insiders about situation in application pool. Hope to learn smth :)

bschools2010 wrote:
I was waitlisted R1 and am desperately hoping that there are still spots to be filled. Otherwise this wait is going to get even more torturous. Anyone have any insider info. about how many spots are left? How many people sent in deposits?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah I did apply to Cornell R3. It was unfortunately a ding, but I wanted Duke more than Johnson, so I'm just hoping it works out. Yeah thanks, I hope you learn something and good luck with your interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am sorry to hear that! But I thought the decision were not released yet? Were they?
Thank you, I wish you good luck too!

bschools2010 wrote:
Yeah I did apply to Cornell R3. It was unfortunately a ding, but I wanted Duke more than Johnson, so I'm just hoping it works out. Yeah thanks, I hope you learn something and good luck with your interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think Cornell does rounds a bit differently than Duke. I think the last round for Cornell is R4 and the last round for Duke is R3. So I got my ding decision last month.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Kellog(R3),Olin (R3),Owen (R4),Tepper(R3),Johnson (R4)
Send PM
Anyone in Durham this weekend for interviews?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1825 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools:Fuqua
 Q49  V29
Send PM
Probably NOT the correct forum....but I will post it.

I applied to Fuqua for FTMBA but then based on my application package, Admission committee called up and suggested that my profile suits more for WEMBA (FTMBA is officially DING). Fuqua has always been my top priority. So finally scheduled for an interview on Tuesday, April13th with one of the admissions committee members....Any inputs(interview tips, why WEMBA over FTMBA etc) from those who might have experience is highly appreciated. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I had an on campus interview the last Friday.
The interviewer was a second year student. She was very professional, took a lot of notes - several papers. It was not a relaxing chat - as many report, but rather a formal interview with questions such as:
- walk me through ur resume
-why mba
- goals
- why now
- what 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses would your coworkers say about you
- what will u bring to the school
- why Fuqua, what will u bring to the school
- leadership example
- team situation
No unexpected question, however I thought it would be more conversational kind of interview.

Has anyone else interviewed? Please, report.
I wonder, what are the cons and pros of interviewing with Adcom/ student/ alumni? Interviews with alumni are reported to be more relaxed, and more detailed questions about the work industry etc...
Well, now the 2 week waiting time is left... Good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
 Q42  V39
GPA: 3.41
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services
Send PM
Kudos
Withdrawn from Duke. Hope this helps others on the waitlist!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Mortgage
Send PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/educa ... ist&st=cse

I'm sure some of you have already read this, but I thought it was relevant to those of us on the waitlist. Even though it's undergrad, it seems like it's indicative of Fuqua this year with so many people waitlisted.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts