Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:00 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [4]
Given Kudos: 19
 Q40  V35 GMAT 2: 670  Q44  V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72897 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Send PM
Re: Handling a Grenade: TheSituation's Official Debrief [#permalink]
pranrasvij wrote:
thanks for the details... I like the chineseburn guide to essay also (didnt know about that one). Did the quant questions get easier towards the end?

best of luck.... why not use Kaplan as well ?

Like I stated in my debrief... questions were either real difficult, ie. I'd read it and think "Wow, I mean, I don't even know where to start." or annoyingly easy like simplfying fractions.

The best thing I can think of to help, and everyone says it but its so true, is that you just can't try to figure out what the algorithmn is doing and don't assume that you are getting questions wrong. Doing both of these will just keep you distracted from the task and hand and consistently deflate your confidence.

The test is hard, it is calibrated to be hard whether you are at a 550, 650 or 750 level. No use in trying to figure out how you are doing. Just put it out of your mind.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Send PM
Re: Handling a Grenade: TheSituation's Official Debrief (Updated [#permalink]
Got my official score today.

The only new information is the AWA and I scored a 6.0.

The only study I did for that section was to read chineseburned's AWA post the day of the test! For about 10 minutes.

If you are a native speaker and are a confident writer this section is very conquerable. I found all the study for SC helped me improved my writing in general by helping me focus on clarity in my writing.

In any event, in the final hour before your test just read chineseburned's AWA guide and forget doing anymore practice questions. Read it twice, or three times if you have to. As noted above, if you get practices questions wrong it can be a crucial last second hit to your confidence at a very inopportune time to be anything less than 100% sure of yourself. Reading and focusing on the AWA guide will give you something to channel your pre-test jitters into without the risk of damaging your confidence.

Hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Engineering~Finance
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
Id like to see a break down of ur gmat prep scores and manhattan gmat CAT scores. Your prep was well in line with 700+ scorers. I mean you did everything
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts