Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 23:44 It is currently 06 May 2024, 23:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance & Entreprenuerial Management
Schools:Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
GPA: 3.4 - Top 5 UG
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V35
WE 1: 5- hr
Send PM
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink]
Avernusaur wrote:
2012dreams wrote:
p.s. guys, i'm relatively hot 8-)

As a soon to be MBA candidate, you should start exercising more confidence. Let's start by taking "relatively" out of that sentence. It's a pretty easy move, considering any girl on GMATClub is "default hot."

If you're into dudes that look like bouncing badgers... you won't find one at business school, because I won't be there this year.

I'm too indecisive to make up my mind on FT vs. PT MBA, so I'm going to have to meet my future spouse at the local community college :( Good luck to the rest of you!

you make me laugh a lot :lol: good luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
ha ha ha ha....I've been laughing hysterically all this while (I hope my boss doesn’t think that I stepped in office 'high' today..) :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: PE
Schools:INSEAD
GMAT 2: 660 GMAT 3: 730
Send PM
I am telling you mate, you are really lucky! Any more improbable things you make happen? I think you should try it :)

Keep up the good work! Girls need you, guys need to be inspired by you...

BTW I just loved the thread :)

irishspring wrote:
Both times I was flying out of Seattle.

I do fly a fair amount.

In fact Im flying tomorrown, and again on Thursday. Quite frankly, excited for the possibilities Thursday. I believe I will be flying out of Charlette back to my home. I think there are strong possibilities on that flight.

As a side anecdote, once when I was flying out of San Francisco, I saw this girl that I recognized from high school. She was a girl I kind of had a thing for. She pretty much ignored me though throughout high school, probably for good reason. Lets just my ugly duckling phase was pretty much age 12 through age 18. Basically.

Long story short, she ends up have the seat next to me! Finally, she turns to me and says 'hey, are you?'. I say yeah. We talk whole flight. She goes on to tell me before getting on flight she had texted another girl I knew saying "guess who is about to board the same flight with me?"

Im telling you. I get lucky with this stuff.

Anyway, feel like I have a blind date Thursday. I wonder who will sit next to me. I hope she is emotionally independent, adventurous, kind hearted, and has a pretty smile.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
milias wrote:
rhyme wrote:
gmatbschool wrote:
So any advice for women? Are the good guys snapped up by the time classes start?

Define "good".

Honestly, most women are looking for a "good guy," as the previous poster said. The definition of a "good guy" isn't always a rich guy. Most women think that as long as you enjoy and are good at what you do, then they would consider you successful. Besides, why would you want a woman who's only interested in your money? Furthermore, if she's also in b-school, chances are she might make more money than you do 10 years down the road. Just my $0.02.

Ha ha this thread is laugh out loud. Just had to add my two cents. I think most girls want a rich guy, we only say we want a guy who will treat us well after we have dated a rich guy who treated us badly. But, hard to imagine a girl turning down a date with a rich guy unless there is something about him that is repulsive i.e. looks, personality, etc
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:UCLA
Send PM
formerlyknownas wrote:

Ha ha this thread is laugh out loud. Just had to add my two cents. I think most girls want a rich guy, we only say we want a guy who will treat us well after we have dated a rich guy who treated us badly. But, hard to imagine a girl turning down a date with a rich guy unless there is something about him that is repulsive i.e. looks, personality, etc

This thread is hilarious.

I will be bringing my husband to B School with me so I dont have to worry about all this. Personally, I like "manly" men and dont care so much about the money. My husband is a Marine so that works out well for me b/c I dont think MBA types would be my type :P

Originally posted by dcdevil on 08 Apr 2010, 10:29.
Last edited by dcdevil on 08 Apr 2010, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2449 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
really an exciting thread; don't know what's happening - seems the females folks aren't actively
participating in this topic; we need their contributions too, just to add to the already hilarious mood.
Where are the ladies?

Just reading this thread for the first time and it's actually taking the pressure off me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Undergrads... I get older, they stay the same age :twisted:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Nice thread bumpage! Pretty entertaining thread.

I actually broke up with my SO because I knew that I would be moving away and going to business school. On top of all that, I also knew that she wasn't the one for me, so by not breaking up with her I'd only be delaying the inevitable. Not to mention, who goes to school in a serious relationship if you don't truly see a future? The answer is wimps and the insecure. :twisted:

My two cents:

A) If hitting on undergrads is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
B) I hear that some of the masters programs for fields that are predominantly women are the best.
C) If all eligible and single B-School girls are in a relationship within the first week of school, then I'm not going to be dating a b-school girl.
D) I can't wait until August! 8-)

Originally posted by GoalsSetHigh on 24 Jun 2010, 10:42.
Last edited by GoalsSetHigh on 25 Jun 2010, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Always keep your options open :P :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Cornell, Haas, USC, Tepper
Send PM
Female here. Great read! I am holding in the laughs at work. I have a bad case of senioritis as well. I can't wait until school starts!
Director
Director
Send PM
AspiringSloanie wrote:
Female here. Great read! I am holding in the laughs at work. I have a bad case of senioritis as well. I can't wait until school starts!

I've got senioritis too. It's going to be a long year...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Time to juice-up the thread :-D The important question went unanswered - if you are looking to find a mate in B-school, you have to answer one question honestly: Who's going to be the boss? (kudos to Spiridon, original poster). Remember, ladies at MBA are most likely to be an ambitious type. So if you are OK with chick being a boss (i'm not for example :) ) then good for you. If you are not, you chance just got slimmer :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:R1: Berkeley, Stanford, Yale, Michigan, Kellogg, Duke
Send PM
kundozei wrote:
Time to juice-up the thread :-D The important question went unanswered - if you are looking to find a mate in B-school, you have to answer one question honestly: Who's going to be the boss? (kudos to Spiridon, original poster). Remember, ladies at MBA are most likely to be an ambitious type. So if you are OK with chick being a boss (i'm not for example :) ) then good for you. If you are not, you chance just got slimmer :lol:

female here. being ambitious does not necessarily equate to wanting to be the boss in the relationship. it certainly doesn't for me. i know what i want and i'm not afraid to work hard to get it, that's for sure. but i still would want the guy to be "in control" or whatever you want to call it. he just needs to do it with a sense of humor (best way to get to the heart of any type-a gal IMO)
Director
Director
Send PM
This is one of my favorite classic threads. Thanks for the bump!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
bei wrote:
kundozei wrote:

female here. being ambitious does not necessarily equate to wanting to be the boss in the relationship. it certainly doesn't for me. i know what i want and i'm not afraid to work hard to get it, that's for sure. but i still would want the guy to be "in control" or whatever you want to call it. he just needs to do it with a sense of humor (best way to get to the heart of any type-a gal IMO)

will you marry me, bei? apologies for jumping the gun, but no need to look further than here. 8-)

p.s. i always thought that the best way to get to the heart of any type-a gal is through her stomach :lol:

Originally posted by futurestrategist on 28 Dec 2010, 00:06.
Last edited by futurestrategist on 28 Dec 2010, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
alpha56789 wrote:
bostonsparky wrote:
and also give you a decent window of un-interrupted, nothing to compete with conversation.

Just a female perspective here:

A friend of mine and I (both mid-20s females) detest those chatty seatmate pick-up attempts. We've even joked about wearing ipod headphones visibly without a player, just to see if people get the hint after our third polite "I'll let you get back to your book" or "I need to get some work done, please excuse me."

Airports drive me nuts. Pick-up attempts when you get your ticket, pick-up attempts when you go through security, pick-up attempts when you board, pick-up attempts at your seat!

Trust me, guys. Let her do the talking. She will if she's interested. And no, it doesn't matter if you're at H/S/W. The women worth having don't care.

PS. This is advice about relationships, not hooking up. The skanks are easy to spot, and a simple wave of a platinum card will do the trick in seconds.

Where are you ?? :-D

You seem to belong to the breed of women , who are self - driven, have a lot of self - respect, ''the tough to please -on-the-outside-but easy-when -reached-into the inside (heart)'' types.

Good Luck with finding the right man.

PS 1: The above line was never intended to be a ''pick up '' line :-D

PS 2 : Just to add a male perspective : Most men would not have the patience to study women and ''prepare'' to make them feel that they (Men) are the ''right'' ones. I 'd say women should come half way even , when they believe they have ''seen'' someone good. After all we are neither preparing for gunning the GMAT and nor working to make the right ''FIT'' for the B-School . :)

Good Luck with finding the right man.

Regards.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Avernusaur wrote:
This is one of my favorite classic threads. Thanks for the bump!

Avernusaur, np, I just couldn't resist :) The thread stands out, especially because of all the stress induced by GMAT, apps, B school research, career choices etc etc....and then you see this!! :lol:

Originally posted by kundozei on 28 Dec 2010, 18:10.
Last edited by kundozei on 28 Dec 2010, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  23