Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 09:22 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
joe42go wrote:
It's been more than a week since I have mailed-in my deposit. For those who've already had their receipt of deposit verified, can you share how you were notified? Thanks much.

if you log onto the status check site, where you logged in to see your acceptance, it'll say that they received the deposit.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Past year students.

Can you weigh in on the best approach for books? Do past year students sell their books? Is there an internal stern website.

Also do textbooks vary by professor or just by course? New editions vs past editions?

If you can post the ISBN number of the books required that would awesome so we can start searching for them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Don't know the answer to your first few questions - but I can tell you that required books are listed in the various syllabi... just go to Registrar and look at the syllabi for the classes you'll be taking.

beebu wrote:
Past year students.

Can you weigh in on the best approach for books? Do past year students sell their books? Is there an internal stern website.

Also do textbooks vary by professor or just by course? New editions vs past editions?

If you can post the ISBN number of the books required that would awesome so we can start searching for them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
First time post. Got admitted to weekend program last week but I was traveling for work so just checked my email. I live in st. louis, missouri but will move somewhere closer to nyu later in august. any recommendations about a reasonable priced location to stay are appreciated since I dont know much about ny/nj area.

look forward to meeting my classmates.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey guys I started the KROLL process a month ago but still no clearance...they asked me for a couple of random things like paystub, college transcripts and photocopy of my passport (??) but after that, total silence. How much longer is this supposed to take?!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
Nick79 wrote:
Hey guys I started the KROLL process a month ago but still no clearance...they asked me for a couple of random things like paystub, college transcripts and photocopy of my passport (??) but after that, total silence. How much longer is this supposed to take?!

I haven't even heard anything from them and I submitted my information to them on June 19th. I don't know if they've contacted my job and they haven't asked me to verify anything. I've read on the other online threads that the Kroll process can take up to 5 weeks. This week would mark that 5th week. Should I call?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
arruhbee wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

I haven't even heard anything from them and I submitted my information to them on June 19th. I don't know if they've contacted my job and they haven't asked me to verify anything. I've read on the other online threads that the Kroll process can take up to 5 weeks. This week would mark that 5th week. Should I call?

Did you at least receive the e-mail where they inform you that they've started the process?I tried e-mailing them but they can't release the status of the background check and they basically told me to wait until i hear from them or stern...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Health Care, International business, Management,
Schools:NYU-Langone, Duke, Tuck, IMD, HBS
 Q46  V27 GMAT 2: 700  Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: 3.5
Send PM
Any insight on Quant Assessment? how long and difficult is the assessment?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Stern Part-time
Send PM
Nick79 wrote:

I feel your pain Nick! Granted, it's only been 2 weeks since they emailed me that they started the process, but I know how you feel. In the mean time, I already finished up everything else they have us do (health and immunization forms, registration and tuition payment, quant assessment, orientation registration, etc).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MCJD4ever wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

I feel your pain Nick! Granted, it's only been 2 weeks since they emailed me that they started the process, but I know how you feel. In the mean time, I already finished up everything else they have us do (health and immunization forms, registration and tuition payment, quant assessment, orientation registration, etc).

Yup, did the exact same thing. Planning on picking up my NYU card today hoping that Kroll will move it. I re-confirmed a few pieces of info, followed up with them and they told me that they don't need anything else. I just hope there is no confusion as I moved to a different role as of June 1st so some of the info on my app is a bit different, but I let the Adcom know before I even started the process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nick79 wrote:
MCJD4ever wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

Yup, did the exact same thing. Planning on picking up my NYU card today hoping that Kroll will move it. I re-confirmed a few pieces of info, followed up with them and they told me that they don't need anything else. I just hope there is no confusion as I moved to a different role as of June 1st so some of the info on my app is a bit different, but I let the Adcom know before I even started the process.

I'm sure you'll be fine. It just seems that this process takes a while. I mean, my actual job title is a bit different from what I put on my application, but I believe Kroll understands that this sometimes is the case (i.e. if a given individual is an Analyst in a Risk group, they might put "Risk Analyst" on their resume). I just think Kroll is trying to make sure everyone works where they say they do and makes the salary that they reported. Beyond checking education, I doubt they will check much more (possibly recommendations)
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
MindLab wrote:

I just took it actually. I didn't know where to find the practice tests that everyone talked about, so I just went ahead and tried it. I got an 80% on the nose, which I guess excuses my from the tutoring, but I wonder if I can/should take it again.

It's 20 questions. A lot of the questions deal with derivatives, compound interests, and natural log/log. Pretty much, high school all over again. I also realized how much I appreciate my TI-86...gosh that thing saved me from some rough patches.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
arruhbee wrote:
MindLab wrote:

I just took it actually. I didn't know where to find the practice tests that everyone talked about, so I just went ahead and tried it. I got an 80% on the nose, which I guess excuses my from the tutoring, but I wonder if I can/should take it again.

It's 20 questions. A lot of the questions deal with derivatives, compound interests, and natural log/log. Pretty much, high school all over again. I also realized how much I appreciate my TI-86...gosh that thing saved me from some rough patches.

I got an 85 on my first try. Thank God for calculators and for the fact that it's not timed! I think you can even do a few questions, save your progress, and go back to it if you need to. Took me about 40 minutes when I did it last weekend :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MCJD4ever wrote:
arruhbee wrote:
MindLab wrote:

I got an 85 on my first try. Thank God for calculators and for the fact that it's not timed! I think you can even do a few questions, save your progress, and go back to it if you need to. Took me about 40 minutes when I did it last weekend :-D

Got a 95 on my 1st try, with the precious help of my calculator as well as some google-ing...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nice Nick! I would have had a 90, but I put the wrong answer choice for one question that I knew the right answer for - d'oh!

After you pass it once, you can't take it again - I checked to see if you could, out of curiosity. But I just wanted to pass it on the first try, so I'm happy I did.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don't think there's any reason to take it again. I suspect it is a check-the-box kind of thing. In a check-the-box situation the smartest score to get is an 80 (demonstrating you expended no effort beyond what is required).

For the NYU-ID...any suggestions on how to get one without ever going to NYU on a weekday. It looks like the ID place is only open on weekdays. I'd hate to take a vacation day, and go to NY just to get an ID card.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I haven't yet heard back from NYU, but the podcast on the front page says that "if you're still listening to this podcast, you are likely on the waitlist".

Am I on the waitlist, even if I haven't yet heard back?

They also suggest that if you have new information about yourself, you can email the admissions office. I indicated in my app that I would be moving to a new role within my company shortly - that move has since occurred and my new manager is supportive of me pursuing a part time MBA. Is that something worth writing to them about, even if I haven't formally received a waitlist notification?

Thanks in advance, all!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  31