Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 20:18 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 211 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: HLS
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: A few questions from prospective HBS 2+2 applicant [#permalink]
I know a lot of the offices in Europe actually take freshmen as interns (as opposed to just rising juniors and seniors) so try to land something that piques your interest or something that you want to try out for the sake of seeing the hype -- e.g. banking.

You'll probably hate it and when you get that signing bonus, you'll convince yourself that you love it and you learn so much from it. That's a different story, anyway.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: HLS
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: A few questions from prospective HBS 2+2 applicant [#permalink]
Or conduct research with a faculty member at your school over the summer. great experience and a great way to know what really interests and what doesn't
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS 2+2 2010 applicants [#permalink]
I wouldn't really recommend an internship at your dad's firm. First off, without sounding rude, I really think you should brush up on your English.

As an applicant to the 2+2 program myself, I know that it's a great opportunity and all that, but deciding this early to apply to business school isn't really wise. What are your goals after business school? What do you want to do with your life? Why are you so willing to shape 4 years of your undergraduate education just to raise your chances, if at all that, at a program which you don't know for sure will be in existence in 4 years time?

Ask yourself all this. I am only about a year older than you age wise, but practically speaking, I moved to a different country when I was 17 and by myself. That kind of unsettling experience can push you to levels of maturity that is almost unnatural for a person my age. However, when I heard about the 2+2, though I loved it, I've still done what I wanted to. You don't even know what college life is like, let alone business school aspirations.

Summer school is helpful only if you learn something from it. Else it's just seen as a display of wealth, if at all that. If you really like the course you're doing there, then yes. But don't just take it for the sake of taking.

Having said all this, it's by no means to be taken as discouragement from applying to that program. Just saying that you need to get your head back in place and focus on one thing at a time. Next summer is a year away. Focus on what you want to do between now and then first.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I am an international student.
Finished my high school and performed voluntary work for 4 years, and after applied for bachelor in energy. Next summer I will be on my 2nd from 3 year of study. GPA: 3,6; GMAT: 700 & Awards + Active participation in Social Projects.

Do you think I have good chances for 2+2, should I apply for it ?
Thank you...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4