Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

What phone do you have?

You may select up to 4 options
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools:Yale SOM
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Re: Iphone vs Blackberry vs Android [#permalink]
I'm just a grad student, so the iPhone seems to fit the bill. But does it really matter whether I choose the 3G or 4G? I've read one or two articles on this, and I should be fine with the cheaper, older version.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
I'm using an iPhone 3G now, but will switch to Android as soon as I can.

I like the platform much more, and the phones are much more attractive (IMO). Plus, the iPhone is a pain to sync with my Linux system..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
I am currently using a Samsung Vibrant.

Each OS has its pros and cons. Most businesses use blackberry because of it's email capabilities but you can always buy an android phone with a slider. (Samsung Epic for Sprint comes to mind)

To me the blackberry OS is just outdated: Web browsing is a complete joke and the apps are very limited.

I liked the iPhone 3GS when I tried my friend's iPhone. However, I wasn't wowed with the new iPhone 4. Has anyone held the device? Maybe it's because my phone is lighter than most phones but the iPhone 4 feels like a brick. Apple also decided to cut the screen size when they should have made it bigger. It was very responsive though. (although, my friend didn't have too many apps clogging the phone anyway)

It was hard adjusting to a touch screen for text and email. But, my phone came with Swype so eventually it was even easier and faster for me to text than it was with my old slider dumbphone. Everyone with a touch screen smartphone without a slider keyboard needs swype. Like me, you will complain a lot less after you learn to use it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
I am a Symbian user (for lack of options presently) and it's sad to see that Nokia is still struggling with their offerings, their apps are disasters to say the least. I just hope they their equations right..soon

I am gung ho about the Android and there are some great devices out there and more pouring in. With the Froyo launch Android isn't far from ousting BB or IP, I agree each of these devices have their USPs and BB is still a great corporate device but it's seems to be in a slow go mode with its outdated OS.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You guys think Blackberry can recover from the Droid/Apple nightmare? RIMM stock isn't doing so well
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
GMAT 1: 540 Q47 V19
GMAT 2: 610 Q46 V28
GPA: 3.86
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
allbusiness wrote:
I got rid of my blackberry 9000 and got an Iphone 4.

iPhone 4 has AntennaGate problem. You would have gone for Android based Droid or galaxy...Android is growing more than 1000% annually :o
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sh00nya wrote:
I am a Symbian user (for lack of options presently) and it's sad to see that Nokia is still struggling with their offerings, their apps are disasters to say the least. I just hope they their equations right..soon

I am gung ho about the Android and there are some great devices out there and more pouring in. With the Froyo launch Android isn't far from ousting BB or IP, I agree each of these devices have their USPs and BB is still a great corporate device but it's seems to be in a slow go mode with its outdated OS.

Froyo what a cute name.....like it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
perseverance wrote:
allbusiness wrote:
I got rid of my blackberry 9000 and got an Iphone 4.

I'm in the market for a new phone. I have a Blackberry Curve but I'm thinking about making the switch to the iphone 4. Any advice? Do you like it?

go for moto milestone or samsung galaxy...Android is the future.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
allbusiness wrote:
You guys think Blackberry can recover from the Droid/Apple nightmare? RIMM stock isn't doing so well

They certainly have the resources to do so.

However, I think their leadership needs to get off their high horses. Jim Balsillie, co-CEO of RIM, once conceded that buggy software was the "new reality" for smartphones. (Which made no sense) Has anyone tried the Blackberry Storm? According to RIM, as long as they meet sale expectations, they could care less about the quality of their phones.

They came out with the Blackberry OS 6.0 and new Blackberry Torch but were given mediocre reviews from tech sites.

RIM plays conservatively. You probably won't be seeing maxed out specs like with HTC or other companies but expect mediocre specs, a mediocre OS and a good keyboard.

I suspect much of its stock fall has to do with these bans in the Middle East. Though, I wouldn't be long RIMM anyhow.

In a more positive light, RIM announced it is coming out with a tablet so perhaps they can redeem themselves somewhat. (Although, about 1 billion other companies are coming out with new tablets too)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
RiM has had about three years to design a remotely useful web browser and hasn't. The phone's don't have GPS. They are ugly. They do have secure email, but very little else.

I can't see RiM getting back in the game.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
strikethree wrote:
allbusiness wrote:

They certainly have the resources to do so.

However, I think their leadership needs to get off their high horses. Jim Balsillie, co-CEO of RIM, once conceded that buggy software was the "new reality" for smartphones. (Which made no sense) Has anyone tried the Blackberry Storm? According to RIM, as long as they meet sale expectations, they could care less about the quality of their phones.

They came out with the Blackberry OS 6.0 and new Blackberry Torch but were given mediocre reviews from tech sites.

RIM plays conservatively. You probably won't be seeing maxed out specs like with HTC or other companies but expect mediocre specs, a mediocre OS and a good keyboard.

I suspect much of its stock fall has to do with these bans in the Middle East. Though, I wouldn't be long RIMM anyhow.

In a more positive light, RIM announced it is coming out with a tablet so perhaps they can redeem themselves somewhat. (Although, about 1 billion other companies are coming out with new tablets too)

They are calling it the BlackPad , correct?

I have had a blackberry bold for 1.5 yrs, and I got sick of the browsing experience. (even using opera mini - which is a huge improvement over the built in browser). The email services are sure nice though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Send PM
Iphone. And the news it made in mobile app is tremendous. Before iphone I didn't see entertainment, media and others jumping for mobile apps
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2931 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
 Q51  V41
Send PM
the iphone isnt a phone, its a mini-computer apple is selling ! amazing device

i have a BB as well .... and it sucks compared to the iphone

i think i like the iphone so much i might buy the iphone4 even though i have he 3gs already .... big fan
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V45
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
sh00nya wrote:

Nokia N8 is going to change that... Best camera for a smart phone , amazing colours , easy to surf .. and... can actually make calls..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
iPhone is the far best than blackberry.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 540 Q39 V45
GRE 1: Q162 V162
Send PM
Iphone vs Blackberry vs Android [#permalink]
It's been over 10 years since this post. Is anyone currently using blackberry? I think the most is Iphone, followed by android phone companies
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 540 Q39 V45
GRE 1: Q162 V162
Send PM
kspires223 wrote:
iPhone is the far best than blackberry.
GMAT Club Bot