Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 04:30 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 04:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [2]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q36  V19
GPA: 78 percent
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Re: Shoot for the stars, reach a treetop [#permalink]
This weekend I plan to finish CR strategy and start SC. Maybe finish a good portion of it. By the end of next week, I hope to be done with Verbal strategies. Then I am going to brush up Math, MGMAT style. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
woahh good luck!!! :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Wow !! I am surprised to find that you are ONLY 19.
All i could think of when i was your age : "Damn !! I have to have those awesome pair of shoes" :roll:

(...Something which i secretely still do :-D )

You sound anything but your age...

Way to go GIRL !!!

Originally posted by dokiyoki on 04 Sep 2010, 02:03.
Last edited by dokiyoki on 05 Sep 2010, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
(Shoes be awesome, but I hate heels. I can't wear more than like 3 inches because of a toe-condition and it makes me look taller than like 90% of the guys I know if I wore heels > that)

But yay :) Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Status:it won't happen in one day but it'll happen one day
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
hmmm....at 19 my strategy was to run away from books....classes.....and a few years later when i thought i had bid adieu to them for good....they are back :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Intellijat, nice signature :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
I am done with studying the CR strategy and have uploaded the link to the document I prepared in my signature. :) I am going to start working on CR problems now but without a timer and I am going to use an error log to see what my main areas of weakness within CR are. Meanwhile, I will also start going through SC strategy. :) Yay!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3048 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Oops!! How did I skip this thread?? :roll: yeahh got it!! This thread should be in "Share your GMAT Experience" forum.

Seems to be the beginning of a great story & one of the few "before test" stories here. And yeah I concur she is the venn girl (she made too many venn diagrams) :)

Do consider paper tests (for reliable verbal stuff), if you get some time.

Best of luck!!!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Maybe you can move the thread to the other forum? :) And check out the CR strategy document I put together. It might be useful :) (Signature)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Good luck....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: International Business
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, London Business School
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Whiplash...your plan sounds great...good luck!! Thanks for the CR doc...that was great as well!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
whiplash2411 wrote:
(Shoes be awesome, but I hate heels. I can't wear more than like 3 inches because of a toe-condition and it makes me look taller than like 90% of the guys I know if I wore heels > that)

But yay :) Thanks!

Gee, You are most welcome. I can completely understand how awkward it feels to Literally 'Stand Out' of the 'crowd'(i hope u know what i mean) :-D

Now let me not fidget with the sanctity of this thread. (May be we can have another thread for discussing shoes n stuff !!)

btw..Your CR guide Rocks ! :wink:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
And i couldnt agree more with Mr.Dawgie..
@ intellijat - Love your signature ! And sad but true, u will have to deal with books and classes a couple of more years unless of course you drop your MBA plans (which has the least probability as u are a part of the holy GMATclub) :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 483 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance
 Q44  V41
Send PM
Kudos
whip, it looks like you're on the right track. Just a few suggestions from a third-party observer to help you out...

1) If you have not done so already, schedule the actual test now. I scheduled mine 2 months ahead of time, which was good since I spent the first month procrastinating. You could fall into lull periods where you don't do any studying for a week or two. But scheduling the test way ahead of time turns up the mental heat and ensures that the goal weighs heavily on your mind 24/7

2) The error log is useful, so make sure you are using it to its maximum benefit. Spend just as much time analyzing it as you do making it. Really figure out where your weakest areas are, and then go back and do a few extra problems from those sections.

3) I cannot stress this one enough: Do not underestimate the value of GMATPrep, and realistic CAT's. The test is going to look and feel exactly like the GMATPrep. You want to have as much experience in an actual test environment (3-4 hours long) as possible. The test is on the computer so your practice should be weighted towards computer-based tests. Take CAT's regularly. Include the breaks. Do the essays each and every time.

4) Finally, don't just be a robot who sticks only to practice at home and on the computer. Be flexible with your routine and if you stumble upon new methods or exercises, do them. You want your prep to be as well rounded as possible. Try to use GMAT concepts in everyday life during your prep. This will cement them into your head. It's nerdy, but it works.

Good luck
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 256 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
good luck.....all the best ahead......you are an active member of gmatclub...continue so....
SVP
SVP
Send PM
shorteverything wrote:
whip, it looks like you're on the right track. Just a few suggestions from a third-party observer to help you out...

1) If you have not done so already, schedule the actual test now. I scheduled mine 2 months ahead of time, which was good since I spent the first month procrastinating. You could fall into lull periods where you don't do any studying for a week or two. But scheduling the test way ahead of time turns up the mental heat and ensures that the goal weighs heavily on your mind 24/7

2) The error log is useful, so make sure you are using it to its maximum benefit. Spend just as much time analyzing it as you do making it. Really figure out where your weakest areas are, and then go back and do a few extra problems from those sections.

3) I cannot stress this one enough: Do not underestimate the value of GMATPrep, and realistic CAT's. The test is going to look and feel exactly like the GMATPrep. You want to have as much experience in an actual test environment (3-4 hours long) as possible. The test is on the computer so your practice should be weighted towards computer-based tests. Take CAT's regularly. Include the breaks. Do the essays each and every time.

4) Finally, don't just be a robot who sticks only to practice at home and on the computer. Be flexible with your routine and if you stumble upon new methods or exercises, do them. You want your prep to be as well rounded as possible. Try to use GMAT concepts in everyday life during your prep. This will cement them into your head. It's nerdy, but it works.

Good luck

Thanks short. :) I have already incorporated all of what you said into my schedule. :)

Quote:
Gee, You are most welcome. I can completely understand how awkward it feels to Literally 'Stand Out' of the 'crowd'(i hope u know what i mean) :-D

Now let me not fidget with the sanctity of this thread. (May be we can have another thread for discussing shoes n stuff !!)

btw..Your CR guide Rocks ! :wink:

Haha, thanks. :) And yes, we can have a detailed discussion sometime :P
SVP
SVP
Send PM
I have started using an Error Log for my preparation. I am presently using the one developed by Spoilt, because it is readily customizable. I plan to use one Error Log per book I use. So far this is how my error log looks like:

Attachment:
Error Log.JPG
Error Log.JPG [ 72.05 KiB | Viewed 2644 times ]

Hopefully, the 93% will go back up to a 98% :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts