Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 07:30 It is currently 06 May 2024, 07:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 862 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 770 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, I agree with greenandwise 690 IS a great score! I fact I had targeted myself at 680 when I prepared my test. I remember seeing the range of quite a few best schools starts from 670 or 680 so you are definitely in range. I'd say work on your other application materials, and when you get everything else done and feel you would like a boost to your GMAT score, you can take it again. What I believe about GMAT is this. It is important in the sense that if you don't have a good score, it is hard to get in to a good school. But if you have a decent score, like one that is above 680, the other things become more important. A good score is not equal to an automatic ticket to wherever you want to be.

Anyways, good luck with your application!
[/list]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
HongHu, thanks for your advise. I will start to prepare my application, hope I still can meet the deadline. Meanwhile, I will keep studying GMAT, like you said, be ready in case I have to take it again.

Be honest, I still feel bitter right now since I know I can crack the 700 mark. I already improved my verbal from low 20th to low 30th in 2 weeks. I believe If I give myself a little more time, i should join you guys in 700 club.

by the way, I have one question regarding application. For recommendations, is it required to have one from you manager? I don't think my manager will write me a good one since he just wants to keep us work as entry forever.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 770 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well I'm thinking of PhD and I know that they probably have different focuses. For PhD academic capability might be more important so the recommendation letters may be better from your professors. However for MBA I would think it is good if you could get one from your work, if not the current work, one from the previous employer may be equally good. Just my opinoin, because I myself is a newbie in this aspect. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
DLMD:
690 is a very good score, but I have to agree with you that there is a difference between 699(hypothetical score) and 700 also. The Elite 7&* club.
For the Reco part, I believe that they would prefer to have one Co-Worker atleast. Manager is preferred, but if he/she is an id*&#, then we can't get much out of them. I've this problem too now. My manager doesn't like me to go for this MBA, but rather to work at this same position through my entire career living at his mercy. I'm trying to get one reco from a colleague of mine, with whom I'm working now and to whom I reported 3 yrs back back.
At the same time, if you have time for the app submission, can you write again and try cracking that barrier of 700 club? Meanwhile, you can keep on working on your essays and the reco process. Personally, I don't think that you need any extra preparation in V other than getting the first 20 qns correct. Personally, even I'm planning to do that. I've only 640 with 7.5 yrs of experience and I'm targetting for Part time in UofM.
I am tossing this question because even I'm planning to take GMAT again before my final interview. You can always probably show the unofficial report to the interviewer and let them consider it.
Any comments/advises are welcome.

Aryan
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Aryan, I totally agree with what you said. I am preparing my app while studying GMAT now. I told myself no matter what, I have to crack the 700 mark, and I believe I will.

wish you good luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 705 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wish you all the best for both aims: application and next test.

Cheers
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I seem to understand your pain!! Myself got a 690. Now wondering whether to retake, just for personal satisfaction!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37392 posts