Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:52 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Any UW Foster applicants out there? [#permalink]
Congrats to all that made it in. Still waiting to hear back. What's the mix of Evening/Full-Time MBA on here?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
To Magtown: I will attend the Full Time course.
To Veena: Good point! Shall we send info to you? or post them on the forum?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks minnielvsh :)

Hey ppl!!

I have created a google spreadsheet for ready reference but not able to post due to the reason that i am a new member. Can any of the old members give me your email address so that i can send the link to you folks and then one of you can post it

Cheers!
Veena
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:Yale - Current MBA Student
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Former UW undergrad here and this thread caught my eye. Just want to say that if you're new or not familiar with UW/Foster/Seattle, trust me you'll love it. Gorgeous campus in the most beautiful city in the country, state of the art facilities (ie, Paccar), outstanding professors in research and practical experience, and Foster takes great care of its students (internships, job placement, etc). The rain can be frustrating, but it's not as bad as reputation suggests.

Someone mentioned neighborhoods earlier, but in my view, if you're looking beyond the u-district (largely undergrads), Greenlake, Montlake, Madison Park, and North Capitol Hill are where it's at. PM me if you want more info.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
veenaachandran:
I PM'ed you, m awaiting to hear from you. need to discuss a few things.

All, do you know when the classes are starting?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
ptm30 wrote:
veenaachandran:
I PM'ed you, m awaiting to hear from you. need to discuss a few things.

All, do you know when the classes are starting?

The first mandatory orientation event is on September 8th, according to the admitted students website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Anyone going to Admit Weekend this week? I can't so I think I'm going to the one in May. But, can you guys report back with feedback/thoughts on the events if you go this week? Foster really threw a wrench in my decision and by the time of the next Admit Weekend in May, I'd have to put a deposit on other schools. Not to mention no news yet from UW on merit-based aid...

That said, more and more I am gravitating towards Foster.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied to the final round (R4), anyone received an interview invitation yet? How long does it typically take for Foster admissions to send out interview emails?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
ely,

I don't know about R4, but I applied on 1/20 in Round 3 and got an interview invite on 2/1. Had my interview on March 4th and got my decision on March 30. So there's a decent turn around, but don't worry if it takes them up to a month. For Georgetown, I had to wait 6 weeks, but eventually got an invite.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey CAmba11,

Thanks for your reply! I was getting a little worried because it's been 3 weeks since the submission deadline...hopefully I'll hear from them soon. Did you call the admissions to follow-up at all, or did you just wait for the invite?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
elyysbs wrote:
Hey CAmba11,

Thanks for your reply! I was getting a little worried because it's been 3 weeks since the submission deadline...hopefully I'll hear from them soon. Did you call the admissions to follow-up at all, or did you just wait for the invite?

Hey elyysbs,

Dont get worried :) I can understand that your curious for results... I guess you should wait for the invite.. they do take some time to send out invites!! I applied on Jan 20th and got the decision on March 24th :) quite long but worth the wait
All the Best!!

Regards
Veena
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey ely,

I did not call admissions at any point for there or the other schools I've applied to. I think that it's best to wait for an interview invite. If you get an invite and complete the interview, it can sometimes be appropriate to call and ask when to expect a decision, or to simply e-mail the person you met with to get a status update.

Other than that, it's best not to bug the admissions staff since you typically end up speaking with someone who has no control over the timing of your invite.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey CAmba11, thanks for the information and the well wishes, I'll wait it out. :)

Thanks Veena!

Congratulations to both of you on getting admitted!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 2: 700  Q46  V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
I applied for Round 4 and I am also waiting for notification.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rha wrote:
I was an R3 applicant and interview early-ish in February. Seeing other people get admit calls a few weeks ago, I totally assumed I was dinged but I just got a call today and I'm in! Totally makes my decision harder since I resigned myself to the idea that Foster was out of the equation.

Could you mention, if you remember any of the Interview questions you were asked?

I have an interview coming up on Monday, April 11th and I would love any kind of heads up I can get!

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chappellah wrote:
Congrats to all who've been accepted. Seems like the calls are still going out so fingers crossed to those of you still waiting to hear!

For housing - we're looking at Capitol Hill, Madrona, Ravenna, Greenlake, Fremont, Wallingford and possibly Queen Anne areas. When I was up there at a preview weekend event, I heard a # of students say NOT to live in U-district and that a good amount of them seemed to prefer/like Greenlake. My husband will be working near downtown at Harborview Med Center so commute times there factor into our decision as well.

I currently live in Ravenna- my BF is at the UW Law school and we are plenty close- affordable stuff in general around here- and as far as Greenlake is concerned- it is awesome, but this whole area (Ravenna/Greenlake/Wallingford/Laurelhurst/Bryant/View Ridge) is all considered U-Dist. If you have questions about the area, please feel free to ask

Also, don't rule out Maple leaf- a little farther north, but you can get a nice house, and it's still pretty close to school- but if your Husband is going to be at Harborview you might prefer Capitol hill.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
elyysbs wrote:
I applied to the final round (R4), anyone received an interview invitation yet? How long does it typically take for Foster admissions to send out interview emails?

Hi Ely

I applied R4 and got a reply and interview, but my friend who also applied hasn't gotten one yet- I don't know what that means. Is there any way we can find out?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4