Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 18:57 It is currently 04 May 2024, 18:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 770 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations Mantha..U did it :war

What was ur speed in the Verbal (in format below)?
0-10
11-20
21-30
31-41

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats. Great Score. Top 5 with that profile seems easy. Awesome job...

To get that great a score is awesome after a conference call. Thats why they say work experience helps.

At 2.5 years work ex, currently I am working with a bad deadline, 14 hour days at work for the last 8 days..our deadline ends tuesday and my gmat was scheduled for Monday. I have no clue how this will work. Feeling a little disappointed. I leave for India 17th....GMAT does seem distant and the worst part is I think I think I had really built on my score but no way out. Getting engaged...all things do happen at the same time...
Can't reschedule it as I return to an even worse timeline on projects. We will see take one thing at a time. I am sure there will be a way out. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Do focus on your essays now. I hear that it is a critical element in your applications.

All the very best.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations mantha ! I am so glad you did well. Thanks for the wonderful post. It was very nice info.

Thanks for the feedback about the challenges. Do you have any advice for us to make the challenges better ? Comments, both positive and negative, are most welcome.

I would be glad if you can visit us from time to time to help others out.

Thanks
Praetorian
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Awesome score mantha, congrats !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats thats an awesome score. Im taking the test April 9th looking for the 650+. I got a 670 on PP1 (41 math, 41 verbal) a lot of easy mistakes on the math doomed my math score. other scores Ive gotten were 42 math 35 verbal on an ARCO test. what did you think of the quant compared to OG? Im only shooting for 44-46 on quant and Ill be happy. OG math definitely seems to easy as I hit 9/10 problem solving and 7-8/10 DS. Ive only made it through the first 150 questions though. I still have 4 weeks of practice with the OG to finish and Kaplan GMAT/GRE book to go through for a second time.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OG Q is a must.. [#permalink]
You will be surprised by the number of unfamiliar quant topics on the exam. If I were you, I WILL complete OG quant religiously and do the online challenges every other day.

Good Luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 285 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Mantha! You've done it.....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
how can I do online challenges every other day? can you pay for access to past challenges and answers for them?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
btw now that I am done with the veritas prep course I will do OG religously and hopefully be done within 2 weeks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Challenges and improvement.. [#permalink]
Praetorian,

I must say you have to reduce the difficulty level. I was in the 90th percentile range even after makig 6-10 mistakes. My recommendation is to make the 0.5 point problem with no tricks/traps to encourage more people to participate in the challenges.

I must congratulate you and the rest of the team. Great dedication and commitment!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
as a weaker person in quant compared to the gurus that are all over this forum, i agree. ive tried one challenge albeit it was in the beginning of my prep and I was buried. i havent tried one since bc i know they are above my level
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mantha:

Whats your strategy to attack the verbal section.

What were your refercences in SC, CR and RC?

RC many of the guys have probs ...So what was your strategy and whats your advice apart from the practice?

BTW congratulations !!!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1541 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats mantha. You have been a long time member here and I was wondering when you would have finally written that test. You also vanished for a certain time and I thought you gave up the GMAT at a certain point. Glad you got your dream score! :woohoo It's also surprising that getting 50Q38V will give you 730 while 49Q38V will give you only 710 :) Kudos!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thank you Paul.. [#permalink]
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help GMATCLUB.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
2 gmat2me2 [#permalink]
Please try the software - acereader pro. I heard it helps in speed reading and more importantly in understanding the entire passage in one go.

Originally posted by mantha on 12 Mar 2005, 03:41.
Last edited by mantha on 12 Mar 2005, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
jackson24nj wrote:
how can I do online challenges every other day? can you pay for access to past challenges and answers for them?

yes, you can pay for access to past challenges. its $79 for access to all the challenges.

thanks
Praetorian
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
Re: OG Q is a must.. [#permalink]
mantha wrote:
You will be surprised by the number of unfamiliar quant topics on the exam. If I were you, I WILL complete OG quant religiously and do the online challenges every other day.

Good Luck!

Quick ques:

1. Can u elaborate on this "You will be surprised by the number of unfamiliar quant topics on the exam." What type of unfamiliar ques u saw in the real deal.

2. how do u compare OG maths with real thing ?

3. Can u plz provide ur section scores in PP1 and PP2 ?

Thx a lot.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: OG Q is a must.. [#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37371 posts