Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 21:34 It is currently 03 May 2024, 21:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10043 [0]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Existing MGMAT books -> GMAT Toolkit [#permalink]
Expert Reply
The only benefit of having Manhattan GMAT books (in standard format) in GMAT ToolKit is just to have them "close" to other materials you have in GMAT ToolKit. There are other benefits but honestly they are rather secondary ones.

At the same time, we've introduced two books in "interactive format" and that changes everything. Now you are able to interact with books and keep stats. I've created video, so you can see what you can do with Sentence Correction book:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmm4HJ5XXfQ[/youtube]

You also can open Library and play with a sample book in interactive format.

By the way, all explanations from OG Companion are integrated in the OG Tracker tool and you access them directly when you just need it most.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Wow. This is very very impressive. I wish I had it when I was starting my prep. Anyhow, I might just buy the MGMAT SC yet again.

Does OG Companion also have Verbal? The description only talks about PS and DS.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
walker wrote:
Only PS and DS.

Ahh. Not for me then :( Anyways, too much resources already. Don't want to overload. I liked feature in the MGMAT SC, where you can drill down to the problems in OG. Thanks for your response Walker. Good luck!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks! Good luck to you too!

By the way, I see you have a great score in quant. Try to beat my score in the Game :) there is a prize for the first guy who beats me - $50 gift card :peek
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
walker wrote:
Thanks! Good luck to you too!

By the way, I see you have a great score in quant. Try to beat my score in the Game :) there is a prize for the first guy who beats me - $50 gift card :peek

I swear to God, I so want to. But man, sometimes you gotta sacrifice your desires for your necessity. And right now improving in Verbal to get past 40 is my necessity :p. On weekdays, I hardly get time to study; hence, I am investing all my available time on SC and RC (and if time permits CR). I will 100% try this weekend, after I give my 1st GMAT Prep :). If nobody has cracked you by then, I will give it a shot ;-)

I am sure this Game will give me some incentive to practice some Quant.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Wow!! Man, I bought the MGMAT SC interactive book. It is awesome. Loving it. I am gonna solve 1 set everyday during my lunch break at work - feels like I have the power of MGMAT SC in my palms now. I hope this helps me further my strike-rate in SC. Thanks dude and your team for this awesome feature!

Hope you guys make other books interactive as well, and thus serve the community. I know I won't be using the App by then to reap the benefits but I am sure others will :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Feature request: It would be awesome if the interactive book had Index (maybe also Search) capabilities. Let me elaborate.

This index could be Alphabetically ordered keywords relevant to GMAT SC. For eg. that, which, as, like, pronoun, relative clause, prepositional phrase, it, etc etc etc. Now here is the magic trick - when one click on one of items in the Index, the app will show you all the relevant places in the Book that keyword is illustrated in the order of relevance. One can go to the 1st suggestion and there should have a link to the next relevant item, or something like that.

Currently, I waste some time to flip through pages to get to the part of the book I want to review. Sometimes, it is very annoying.

This feature can further be extrapolated to something like Search. But it is very important that it is not just any random (Lucene like) set of search results, rather these results should be relevant to MGMAT SC book. This definitely needs a lot of work, or maybe not, but this will definitely be helpful to many; moreover, it will help engage your users :-)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks! That's a great idea!

Yes, it probably requires a lot of work... and rather manual indexation.
GMAT Club Bot