Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:49 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools:LBS, Oxford
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Re: Global MBA program admissions at S P Jain Center Management [#permalink]
can you share the placement stats...

I have heard from many who did....that placements at Sg/Dubai are not as good as in Mumbai campus
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Varun84 wrote:
Hello,

I've started preparing for GMAT & would probably take the exam in october. I've a couple of querries & would appreciate your response to these :

Could you suggest me if I should apply for the Nov 2011 batch or consider the April 2012 application date.

Also, for the April 2012 intake when can I apply?

When is the interactive session for SPJ GMBA program going to take place in Delhi?

Thanks & Regards
Varun

Hi Varun,

Since you are preparing to take the GMAT exam in october, you will have go for the April 2012 intake. Also if you are willing to go for the november 2011 intake, you can apply for our in-house aptitude test for the Global MBA Program (SPJAT). To apply, visit https://www.spjain.org/gmba/apply_online.asp.

We have currently not schedules any interactive sessions for the Global MBA Program. But we shall have one soon. Details shall be uploaded on our website one month prior to the date of sessions.

Do let us know if you need any more help from our end.

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Varun84 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply & suggestions.

There's one more thing you could help me with.

I'd like to know the deadline to apply for the April 2012 intake to plan everything accordingly.

Once again, thank you.

Varun

Hi Varun,

We are currently open for admissions of our November'11 intake. We have not started the admission process for our April'12 batch.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Alchemist1320 wrote:
can you share the placement stats...

I have heard from many who did....that placements at Sg/Dubai are not as good as in Mumbai campus

Hi,

At S P Jain, we have dedicated Corporate Relations offices in India (Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore), Dubai and Singapore working relentlessly to help our participants seek career opportunities.

Of the latest cohort that graduated in end of March 2011, over 97% of the batch have been assisted to secure placements by S P Jain's Corporate Relations offices, have found jobs on their own, were on sabbatical and/or have become entrepreneurs. The balance 3% are still undergoing interviews as they may have unique requirements. The average salary per annum is USD 31,073 (INR 1,398,575) an increase of 15% in the last year. To know more visit the corporate relations section of our website.

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Guys,

Can you please let me know what are the chanses of getting into SPJ for a 4.5 years IT male profile to get into the college... Also please let me know will it be worth to get into SPJ or should I go for other US schools.... GMAT is 680...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AnswerMe wrote:
Hey Guys,

Can you please let me know what are the chanses of getting into SPJ for a 4.5 years IT male profile to get into the college... Also please let me know will it be worth to get into SPJ or should I go for other US schools.... GMAT is 680...

Hi,

To answer your first question, We prefer students with at least 3 years of work experience and a GMAT score not less than 650. Since you have a work experience of 4.5 yrs and a GMAT score on 680, you surely fulfill the eligibility criteria at S P Jain. You will have to go through admission process to successfully join the Global MBA Program at S P Jain. To know more about the admission process, please visit the S P Jain website.

While you are planning to go for a business school in US, there are number of schools which vary in terms of standards. Its great if you are planning to go for an Ivy Business School or London School of Business or The Harvard University. However, in case you have wide number of schools in choice, do check for the rankings and accreditations as that reflects the quality of education imparted at the school.
Rankings received by S P Jain:
The Financial Times (FT) of London has ranked S P Jain’s Global MBA Program as 9th Best in Asia (overall), 2nd Best for Value for Money, 3rd Best for Placement Success and 4th Best for International Mobility. S P Jain has also been recognized as the Best B-school in Asia as in 2010. The Dubai campus of S P Jain has been ranked no.1 in the UAE by AC Nielson. Recently, received the Best Public Choice Award for Higher Education Institute to Provide Global Student Exposure at the World Education Summit 2011.
We would be glad to hear your views as well.

Regards,
S P Jain team
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Glad to hear from you and I have gone through the SP Jain site and its actually very impressive. I have one concern over here, about the placements and the average package that companies are offering there. To be very precise can I know the stats for IT Management as Major... Thanks

spjainglobal wrote:
AnswerMe wrote:
Hey Guys,

Hi,

To answer your first question, We prefer students with at least 3 years of work experience and a GMAT score not less than 650. Since you have a work experience of 4.5 yrs and a GMAT score on 680, you surely fulfill the eligibility criteria at S P Jain. You will have to go through admission process to successfully join the Global MBA Program at S P Jain. To know more about the admission process, please visit the S P Jain website.

While you are planning to go for a business school in US, there are number of schools which vary in terms of standards. Its great if you are planning to go for an Ivy Business School or London School of Business or The Harvard University. However, in case you have wide number of schools in choice, do check for the rankings and accreditations as that reflects the quality of education imparted at the school.
The Financial Times (FT) of London has ranked S P Jain’s Global MBA Program as 9th Best in Asia (overall), 2nd Best for Value for Money, 3rd Best for Placement Success and 4th Best for International Mobility. S P Jain has also been recognized as the Best B-school in Asia as in 2010. The Dubai campus of S P Jain has been ranked no.1 in the UAE by AC Nielson. Recently, received the Best Public Choice Award for Higher Education Institute to Provide Global Student Exposure at the World Education Summit 2011.

Regards,
S P Jain team
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AnswerMe wrote:
Hi,

Glad to hear from you and I have gone through the SP Jain site and its actually very impressive. I have one concern over here, about the placements and the average package that companies are offering there. To be very precise can I know the stats for IT Management as Major... Thanks

spjainglobal wrote:
AnswerMe wrote:
Hey Guys,

Hi,

Regards,
S P Jain team

Hi,
Thanks for your valuable feedback. If you happen to visit the corporate relations section on the Global MBA site, you will find details about major recruiters for the IT Management specialization. As per the placement statistics of the Global MBA 2010 batch, the highest package offered in IT Management specialization was INR 2,334,361 p.a. while the average salary offered was INR 1,214,393 p.a.
Hope that helps you get a better understanding about placements at S P Jain Center of Management. Please do visit the Global MBA website for more information: https://www.spjain.org/gmba/placements_u ... _batch.asp
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi

I am aspiring for a Global MBA program in SP Jain (Dubai and singapore) -- Nov 2011 Intake .

I have below scores/exp

GMAT: 650
Work exp : 5.4 years
current position : Senior software engineer (IT firm)

Interested in Information technology management specialization.

Could you please suggest if i meet eligibility criteria to apply for Nov 2011 intake .?

If i do not meet, please advise/provide suggestions in which area i should improve to meet the criteria ?

Many Thanks

shri
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shridhard wrote:
Hi

I am aspiring for a Global MBA program in SP Jain (Dubai and singapore) -- Nov 2011 Intake .

I have below scores/exp

GMAT: 650
Work exp : 5.4 years
current position : Senior software engineer (IT firm)

Interested in Information technology management specialization.

Could you please suggest if i meet eligibility criteria to apply for Nov 2011 intake .?

If i do not meet, please advise/provide suggestions in which area i should improve to meet the criteria ?

Many Thanks

shri

Hi,
Though we consider the overall profile of the candidate,following are the basic eligibility requirements set for the Global MBA Program:

GMAT score: Not less than 650
Work Experience:Full time work experience of 3 years or more

Since you score all the above criteria, you can surely apply for the November intake of Global MBA Program. We are also conducting interactive sessions for prospective students in India. You are most welcome to get more details about the program https://spjain.org/gmba/student_interactive_session.asp
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Hi,

Could you please help me with placement data as per city.

If we look at 13L in India it might be sufficient, but in countries like Singapore and Dubai this amount is very meager given the standard of living in these cities is high. The website also provides all the data in INR which does not give one a fair idea.

I'd be very grateful if you share the placement details (In terms of names of firms) of the latest cohort March 2011.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I gave my gmat last week and scored 640(v:28;q:49)
I have 2.5 years of work experience at Amdocs as a software developer with a variety of experience and have a lot of achievements in Grad school.

I am keen to apply for the GMBA program of SPJain.
Is my profile suitable for the same?
Please advise.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
eshabhide wrote:
Hi,

Could you please help me with placement data as per city.

If we look at 13L in India it might be sufficient, but in countries like Singapore and Dubai this amount is very meager given the standard of living in these cities is high. The website also provides all the data in INR which does not give one a fair idea.

I'd be very grateful if you share the placement details (In terms of names of firms) of the latest cohort March 2011.

Thank you!

Hi Esha,
We don't provide data per city but most get placed in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore.
The cost of living in Singapore is higher but the tax saving (as compared to India) pays for most of the higher costs. The cost of living in Dubai would be similar to any big Indian City, plus Dubai has exempted Tax on Income.

To know more about recruiters based on region or specialization, you can visit: https://spjain.org/gmba/corporate_partners.asp

Do let us if you have any more queries.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rishabhgags wrote:
Hi,
I gave my gmat last week and scored 640(v:28;q:49)
I have 2.5 years of work experience at Amdocs as a software developer with a variety of experience and have a lot of achievements in Grad school.

I am keen to apply for the GMBA program of SPJain.
Is my profile suitable for the same?
Please advise.

Hi Rishabh,

As the Global MBA program is designed for participants with prior work experience, normally full time work experience of 3 years or more is required but a small percentage of Participants with 2 years work experience may also be considered. Its great to know you also have a lot of achievements in grad school. Though we consider the overall profile of the candidate, its rare to admit participants with GMAT score of not less than 650.

However, we would suggest you to take the Global MBA aptitude test (SPJAT), as then the best score shall be taken.

Please feel free to ask if any doubts.

Good Luck!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,
I am Ankur Gupta, working fot Infosys hyd, I will be completing 2 years and 2 months work ex till november.
Average acads, Good extra curriculars, serving as the YPA for Teach For India at Infosys. CAT score of 96.18
Can you please evaluate my profile with the work ex being of the lower side.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Hi,
I am Ankur Gupta, working fot Infosys hyd, I will be completing 2 years and 2 months work ex till november.
Average acads, Good extra curriculars, serving as the YPA for Teach For India at Infosys. CAT score of 96.18
Can you please evaluate my profile with the work ex being of the lower side.

Hi Ankur,
Normally full time work experience of 3 years or more is required but a small percentage of Participants with 2 years work experience may also be considered. Though we consider the overall profile of the candidate, it is rare for us to admit participants with a CAT score of less than 80 percentile.

You should certainly apply for the program. To get further admission details about the Global MBA program visit https://spjain.org/gmba/eligibility_requirements.asp
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I got the call from SPJain for GMBA. What kind of Case Studies / Essays would be asked? Will they be specialization specific?

Pls help.

Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2