Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 22:02 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
Schools: NYU (Stern) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.1
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Etreus (and all others waiting),

It took the adcom 5 weeks to extend an interview invite my way. After three weeks of waiting, I thought the process was over. It's now been over a week since my interview went complete and at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I had to wait another week or even longer.

I have no idea how many applicants apply ED, but I think the overall pool is 6,000+ applicants. Even if a quarter of the total applicants apply ED, I'm assuming the adcom has an extremely difficult and time consuming task sorting through all of these seemingly awesome applications and qualified people (I counted at least 3 folks here with GMAT's in the 99th percentile -- I'm blown away!). One could imagine the adcom office has no more than 10 people (just a guess) and 1,500-2,000 applications to sort through (?) over the course of 6-10 weeks --- if the adcom is really giving each applicant deep thought and consideration, it's no surprise that interview invites are staggered over time as the adcom gets to them.

Originally posted by RichieRichthaMosse on 03 Nov 2011, 06:05.
Last edited by RichieRichthaMosse on 03 Nov 2011, 06:08, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CBS Class of 2014
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (M)
Send PM
Patience guys :) They're going to finish ED probably before thanksgiving then start round 1 in December... hang in there!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
Send PM
mbamadness wrote:
Any J-termers received any sort of communication recently? My application went complete on the 17th of October. Haven't heard since!!

Went complete 10/19. Nothing yet!

Calll meeeeee!!!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hahaha!! Any idea what the batch size is for J-term? On FB the group was 122 people when I last checked while last years J-term group is 221 people
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
mbamadness wrote:
Hahaha!! Any idea what the batch size is for J-term? On FB the group was 122 people when I last checked while last years J-term group is 221 people

So that means there's plenty of space for us. :-D Mine went complete October 12. Nothing but (crickets chirping) here also.

For the J-termers: Are you guys/gals in NYC? Since January is right around the corner, I hope they leave time for anyone not in NYC to quit their job, move themselves/family/dogs, find an apt., etc.

Please call us!!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Send PM
Interview just went complete, interviewed on 11/1, so I guess it works like this, CALL ME!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Based in India!!

Based on last years thread, I think we will hear only next week. The wait continues!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
WE:Asset Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
jaxny wrote:
mbamadness wrote:

So that means there's plenty of space for us. :-D Mine went complete October 12. Nothing but (crickets chirping) here also.

For the J-termers: Are you guys/gals in NYC? Since January is right around the corner, I hope they leave time for anyone not in NYC to quit their job, move themselves/family/dogs, find an apt., etc.

Please call us!!

Split on the group size. I at least hope J-Term is as competitive as any other term at CBS. It probably is - but anyone has thoughts about that? Apparently the GMAT average is a little lower (which admittedly helps me a bit).

I am in NYC, though am heading back to Australia the week after next. Two months of summer (and skipping a good part of the NYC winter) sounds pretty good at this point, since we just had over an inch of snow last weekend.

Bringing a dog while at business school. In NY? Not sure about that idea ......
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CBS Class of 2014
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (M)
Send PM
My pooch is staying with my parents... don't think I can manage the dog.. in NYC especially when you're not home for 15 hours a day rofl
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
WE:Asset Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
losttraveler wrote:
My pooch is staying with my parents... don't think I can manage the dog.. in NYC especially when you're not home for 15 hours a day rofl

Daily dog walkers cost $5000 a year. That's probably at the lower end of the spectrum.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
ED
Submitted on Oct 2 and completed on Oct 14.
Heard nothing since. Almost all other ED applicants of similar timeline received a decision. Getting a bit upset.
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pls.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
Send PM
mbamadness wrote:
Based in India!!

Based on last years thread, I think we will hear only next week. The wait continues!!!

Do you mean next week at the latest? I'm really hoping to hear something this week!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Other
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2014
Send PM
ThePensum wrote:
jaxny wrote:
mbamadness wrote:

Please call us!!

Split on the group size. I at least hope J-Term is as competitive as any other term at CBS. It probably is - but anyone has thoughts about that? Apparently the GMAT average is a little lower (which admittedly helps me a bit).

I am in NYC, though am heading back to Australia the week after next. Two months of summer (and skipping a good part of the NYC winter) sounds pretty good at this point, since we just had over an inch of snow last weekend.

Bringing a dog while at business school. In NY? Not sure about that idea ......

If you can swing it with partying, then should be OK.. :D But they're a big responsibility, etc, etc..

In other news, I transferred my $6k today, on the deadline.. So I guess that pretty much makes it official!

Best of luck to all awaiting some good news!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
Send PM
ThePensum wrote:
losttraveler wrote:

Daily dog walkers cost $5000 a year. That's probably at the lower end of the spectrum.

I have a dog in NYC, it's do-able. Just like ppl have to adjust living in NYC, so do pets.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
What's up with the 30 day timeframe that many of you mentioned in your previous posts?
I submitted on 10/5 and went under review on 10/10
Should I give up hope and move on.. :roll:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
There isnt a concrete 30 day period. The website says it takes them three to four weeks to process an application. So as we havent got an interview invite after 30 days, it could mean bad news. But as mentioned by a few, it doesnt always mean a ding.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
losttraveler wrote:

yeah mine is probably gonna have to stay w my parents too unless my SO gets a job in NYC and we can both look after the dog. I can't imagine not seeing his impossibly adorably face every day tho :(

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  99   100   101   102   103  ...  171   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts