It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 15:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Booth Thread Master
Affiliations: Scrum Alliance

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 18

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2016, 10:24

Anyone working on their application for the Spring 2017 intake for the Weekend MBA program?

Deadline is on January 13, 2017.

kudos please

Last edited by hideyoshi on 27 Jul 2016, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2016, 19:52
I'll be applying pretty shortly here, once I wrap up essays!

Booth Thread Master

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2016, 12:14
kyoo wrote:

They have changed the essays this time, especially the goals essay has been split into two and the word limit has been removed.

kudos please

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2016, 13:21
thanks, saw that - this is my first time applying, so didn't know it was different before.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2016, 06:03
what is the best way to connect with some of the booth students currently at the program or recently graduated?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 8

Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Booth PT '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V42
GPA: 3.79
WE: Marketing (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2016, 06:14
kyoo wrote:
what is the best way to connect with some of the booth students currently at the program or recently graduated?

If you're ever around Chicago, doing a classroom visit is perhaps the easiest way to connect with current students. You'll be paired with a student ambassador currently enrolled in your program of choice (weekend, evening, full-time), who can serve as a point of contact for you. Also, feel free to chat with other students in the class during break. While you're at it in Chicago, formal info sessions programs like the Lunch & Learns allow you to speak with current students/alumni.

Another way is to get in touch with other current students or alumni is by coordinating with the admissions staff. Through them, I was able to chat on the phone with several alumni who took on different paths at Booth I was interested in (the IMBA, study abroad, certain concentrations, etc).

Edit to summarize:
- Classroom visits
- Info sessions
- Coordinating with admissions staff

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein

http://mbable.wordpress.com

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2016, 06:20
chihawksfan wrote:
kyoo wrote:

If you're ever around Chicago, doing a classroom visit is perhaps the easiest way to connect with current students. You'll be paired with a student ambassador currently enrolled in your program of choice (weekend, evening, full-time), who can serve as a point of contact for you. Also, feel free to chat with other students in the class during break. While you're at it in Chicago, formal info sessions programs like the Lunch & Learns allow you to speak with current students/alumni.

Another way is to get in touch with other current students or alumni is by coordinating with the admissions staff. Through them, I was able to chat on the phone with several alumni who took on different paths at Booth I was interested in (the IMBA, study abroad, certain concentrations, etc).

Edit to summarize:
- Classroom visits
- Info sessions
- Coordinating with admissions staff

hey, thanks for the quick reply! I'll probably go with the latter suggestion - I'm in STL working full time so it'll be a little easier that way.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2016, 08:40
Check out this MBA consulting platform: polariis[dot]com

Meet MBA alumni/candidates/former admission officers from the Top 10 business schools. Online or in person.

Polariis is an on-demand career advisory and MBA consulting platform. Advisors are MBA alumni or candidates from the Top 10 business schools. They are highly successful professionals in their fields in finance, consulting, technology and others. Services offered range from personalized MBA personal statement critique, mock interviews to reference letter prep.

Check out Polariis, our on-demand MBA admission consulting platform at http://www.polariis.com

+ Hourly rate: $80 - $120
    + Receive the latest advice/tips directly from Top 10 MBA alumni and existing candidates!
    + Our Advisors are MBA alumni, candidates and former Admission Officers from the Top 10 business schools.
    + Services offered range from personalized MBA personal statement critique, mock interviews to reference letter prep.
    + Services are itemized. You don't have to pay for the whole package.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.45
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2016, 17:05
I am applying for Spring 2017 Weekend program too.

Please share your scores and other info.
Mine are:
GMAT 690 (Q45 V40) IR 3 - worried if Q45 and IR3 will cause any problem
GPA 3.45 Masters in Computer Science Texas Tech University
Work Exp : 12 years in IT (Healthcare,Insurance)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2016, 19:33
hideyoshi wrote:
kyoo wrote:

They have changed the essays this time, especially the goals essay has been split into two and the word limit has been removed.

The essays still have the word limits.. I started my 2017 Weekend application and this is what i see in the essays section.

"Weekend MBA Essays
Essay One: Why is Chicago Booth’s Weekend MBA your program of choice? (250 words)
Essay Two: At Chicago Booth we believe inquiry leads to big, bold ideas. We create a collaborative environment in which you will share, challenge and support each other’s ideas. Tell us about a time you had a “big, bold idea.” How did you come up with it, and how did you put it into action? (500 words)
Optional Essay
If there is any important information relevant to your candidacy you were unable to address elsewhere in the application, please share that information here. (500 words maximum)"

Booth Thread Master

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2016, 14:30
Virgoean wrote:
hideyoshi wrote:
kyoo wrote:

The essays still have the word limits.. I started my 2017 Weekend application and this is what i see in the essays section.

"Weekend MBA Essays
Essay One: Why is Chicago Booth’s Weekend MBA your program of choice? (250 words)
Essay Two: At Chicago Booth we believe inquiry leads to big, bold ideas. We create a collaborative environment in which you will share, challenge and support each other’s ideas. Tell us about a time you had a “big, bold idea.” How did you come up with it, and how did you put it into action? (500 words)
Optional Essay
If there is any important information relevant to your candidacy you were unable to address elsewhere in the application, please share that information here. (500 words maximum)"

Look at the Motivation and Goals section...

kudos please

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Operations, Leadership
Schools: Booth PT '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V26
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2016, 08:45
I am applying for Winter-2017. Just started working on my essay's and I am taking my GMAT next month. I know it's pushing hoping I can get done mt OCT 7th deadline.

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2016, 08:45
I am applying for Winter-2017. Just started working on my essay's and I am taking my GMAT next month. I know it's pushing hoping I can get done mt OCT 7th deadline.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 45

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2016, 05:26
I am planning to apply for Fall 2017 intake. Taking the GMAT next month. I have not started working on my essays.

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2016, 05:42
tommannanchery wrote:
I am planning to apply for Fall 2017 intake. Taking the GMAT next month. I have not started working on my essays.

Me as well, when are you taking the GMAT. I booked my date for 22nd august. I just started working on my essays. Good luck with your preperation

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2016, 05:56
banty1987 wrote:
tommannanchery wrote:

Me as well, when are you taking the GMAT. I booked my date for 22nd august. I just started working on my essays. Good luck with your preperation

Thanks. I have booked my dates for August 27. So far I am not very happy with my preparation but still going to give it a shot.

Good luck with your prep as well!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2016, 19:27
tommannanchery wrote:
banty1987 wrote:
tommannanchery wrote:

Thanks. I have booked my dates for August 27. So far I am not very happy with my preparation but still going to give it a shot.

Good luck with your prep as well!

Good luck guys. I am retaking my GMAT on Aug 20th. Got 690 first time and trying to improve my quant(from 45) as Booth is a quant heavy school

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2016, 19:31
tommannanchery wrote:

Tommannanchery, are you applying to Kellogg too? I am also considering applying there as they are good with Consulting jobs. Do you know if they have offer any scholarships? I know very few schools offer scholarships to PT students but their websites mentions it but very vague

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2016, 07:56
anyone scheduled/taken their interviews yet? would love some tips!

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2016, 08:09
Virgoean wrote:
tommannanchery wrote:

Tommannanchery, are you applying to Kellogg too? I am also considering applying there as they are good with Consulting jobs. Do you know if they have offer any scholarships? I know very few schools offer scholarships to PT students but their websites mentions it but very vague

I participated in one of their information session and they mentioned that they do not provide any scholarship, they will provide a list of companies that provide educational loans.

Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020   [#permalink] 03 Aug 2016, 08:09

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 129 posts ] 

Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap