It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 01:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q39 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 2.7
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2017, 07:49
Test3192 wrote:
BrianC90 wrote:
celich65 wrote:
Just submitted for Summer 2017 uptake, 690 GMAT with military experience. Had my interview yesterday with a current student and it went really well as far as I can tell. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hi celich65! I am interviewing for the Fall class this week. Were there any interview questions that surprised you or weren't part of what you might call a "normal" interview question set?

I interviewed for the Fall Weekend already. There were no 'curve balls' It was with a current student.

A few HR type STAR questions 'When have you had a teammate on a project not contribute enough' or similar. There were 3 I think. Nothing that weird if you have had a few interviews with large companies with an HR Department....

Most of it was conversational - Take me through your resume to start off. Why and MBA next, and then why Booth.

The interview is in a small dim light room, however. It wasn't a super inviting environment like a conference room with windows.

Thank you! This was exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Best of luck with admissions!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.09
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2017, 07:53
BrianC90 wrote:
celich65 wrote:
Just submitted for Summer 2017 uptake, 690 GMAT with military experience. Had my interview yesterday with a current student and it went really well as far as I can tell. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hi celich65! I am interviewing for the Fall class this week. Were there any interview questions that surprised you or weren't part of what you might call a "normal" interview question set?

I think the strangest part for me was the fact that it wasn't what I'd call a "normal" interview at all.

I've interviewed for other B-Schools and this one was way more informal and more like 2 guys talking about life over drinks.

He had my resume and pointed out a few unique things on it for me to elaborate on and with me being a former Army officer he asked me my opinion on some current events. It felt like he was really gauging fit more than anything else and honestly the fact that he was so nice and personable made decision to accept admission that much easier. I'm not sure if this is a common occurrence but it was certainly refreshing.

Intern
Intern

Schools: Booth PT '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.91

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2017, 08:25
celich65 wrote:
BrianC90 wrote:
celich65 wrote:

I think the strangest part for me was the fact that it wasn't what I'd call a "normal" interview at all.

I've interviewed for other B-Schools and this one was way more informal and more like 2 guys talking about life over drinks.

He had my resume and pointed out a few unique things on it for me to elaborate on and with me being a former Army officer he asked me my opinion on some current events. It felt like he was really gauging fit more than anything else and honestly the fact that he was so nice and personable made decision to accept admission that much easier. I'm not sure if this is a common occurrence but it was certainly refreshing.

Yeah, it was a little unsettling in a way how unstructured it was. (Not complaining!).

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q39 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 2.7
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2017, 10:12
celich65 wrote:
BrianC90 wrote:
celich65 wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I interviewed with Kellogg last week and it was very similar in nature. Conversational and more getting to know you. Though that one was with an alumnus.

I hope my interviewer is as personable as yours!

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 72

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Booth PT '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.1
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2017, 04:22
submitted June 7 for fall start.
Interview June 13.
9 years WE.

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Booth PT '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.1
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2017, 15:27
Accepted June 28 for Autumn 2017!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schools: Booth PT '22 (M)

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2017, 19:42
Anyone from the CBF and other applicants heard anything back yet?

Intern
Intern

Schools: Booth PT '22 (M)

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2017, 17:31
I am in!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 12

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GPA: 3.53
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 12:00
Guys,

I took my GMAT today but I am worried that my score breakdown will be suspicious, not sure if anyone else would be in the same situation.

I got a 690 Q44 V41, but I have an engineering background (not IT - aerospace), not sure what happened on Q today, all my practice exams have be Q49-50. Not really disappointed with the overall score since all my practice V scores have been 32-38, but I am concerned that the low Q will be a barrier the adcoms cannot get past. I really don't want to retake....but waiting to hear your suggestions.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020   [#permalink] 26 Oct 2017, 12:00

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   [ 129 posts ] 

Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap