Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: INSEAD WAITLIST September 2014 Intake [#permalink]
When is the payment deadline for those who've been admitted in Round 2?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
290 people for 15'J on mba connect - of which 42 are Indian nationals

1st deposit payment due on 25 march 2014.

Hope this helps
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
sgpgirl wrote:

Hope this helps

What about Americans? I wonder if 290 includes some from R2 or all are from R1. Thanks for sharing!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sgpgirl wrote:

Hope this helps

Thank you! :) It does..
Count seems low though..guess most R2 admits haven't registered yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current count increased to 294.. From a previous post ~210 was from r1..current count 42 americans including dual citizenships...

MBA connect invite was only sent late Friday night..so will update again next week
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sgpgirl wrote:
Current count increased to 294.. From a previous post ~210 was from r1..current count 42 americans including dual citizenships...

MBA connect invite was only sent late Friday night..so will update again next week

Thank you!

Must stay positive...!!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Send PM
sgpgirl wrote:

Thanks, and could you update number of Chinese people next time?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
18 Chinese nationals..current count stands at 330
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sgpgirl wrote:
18 Chinese nationals..current count stands at 330

sgpgirl - Can you please let me know what the count of Indian nationals is currently?

Thanks
Sangeetha
Intern
Intern
Send PM
49 Indian nationals.. current count 353
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys,

If you ended up here, it's because you were waitlisted for INSEAD. I was also waitlisted for the Sept 2012 R1 intake (13J class), was finally admitted and graduated in July 2013. I thought I would like to retrospectively share some of my thoughts with you.

1) being waitlisted is a success. INSEAD is very competitive and if you got waitlisted, it's because you have the right profile, but there is just an over-supply of other candidates similar to you with slightly better features. E.g. at the time of applying, I was a European engineer with 5y of experience, medium int'l experience, good leadership experience, but under-average GMAT (660). When I joined, I had the chance to meet my alter egos: engineers with experience in Europe and 730+ GMATs.

2) being a waitlisted candidate does not make a you an under-performer at INSEAD if you get admitted, it all depends on what you make of your time at the school. I was for a while worried by this after working with my overachieving P1-P2 group including a bright consultant who left us all amazed with his speed, efficiency and broad knowledge of many subjects. I worked hard and ended up having an above-average GPA at the end of P5. I also discovered that based on my previous experience, I was very strong in OB, marketing and strategy. Many people who were not waitlisted ended up with worse grades than me. Other waitlisted people were amazing leaders, so let this be enough evidence to dispel the idea that being waitlisted makes you a under-par candidate.

3) there is little you can do once you have been waitlisted and it is mostly out of your hands. I was waitlisted in mid-Dec 2011 and got admitted on early Feb, 2012. What I did in the meantime was accept the position in the waitlist and prepare my application for other business schools, preparing for the worse. For what it's worth, I would like to share what I indicated in my letter to accept the position in the waitlist: I said I was happy to be waitlisted because it was an indication that my classmates would be of high caliber. I also provided a description of my new responsibilities and most recent achievements. Finally, I indicated that I was ready to start in Singy rather than Fonty and that I was also open to start in the next intake (Jan 2013). Disclaimer: I don't have proof that this letter made a difference, because you cannot get official feedback from the AdCom and a part of the decision depends on luck (who are the other candidates, do they accept the offer at INSEAD, etc). I'm just saying that small things might make a difference, in the same way that a GMAT score can get you in or out. So I just made sure that I put all the odds in my favor: I applied to R1, attended two open-campus days, spoke with a member of the AdCom, interacted with 7-8 alumni and made sure my essays were perfect.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
leunam wrote:
Hi guys,

If you ended up here, it's because you were waitlisted for INSEAD. I was also waitlisted for the Sept 2012 R1 intake (13J class), was finally admitted and graduated in July 2013. I thought I would like to retrospectively share some of my thoughts with you.

1) being waitlisted is a success. INSEAD is very competitive and if you got waitlisted, it's because you have the right profile, but there is just an over-supply of other candidates similar to you with slightly better features. E.g. at the time of applying, I was a European engineer with 5y of experience, medium int'l experience, good leadership experience, but under-average GMAT (660). When I joined, I had the chance to meet my alter egos: engineers with experience in Europe and 730+ GMATs.

2) being a waitlisted candidate does not make a you an under-performer at INSEAD if you get admitted, it all depends on what you make of your time at the school. I was for a while worried by this after working with my overachieving P1-P2 group including a bright consultant who left us all amazed with his speed, efficiency and broad knowledge of many subjects. I worked hard and ended up having an above-average GPA at the end of P5. I also discovered that based on my previous experience, I was very strong in OB, marketing and strategy. Many people who were not waitlisted ended up with worse grades than me. Other waitlisted people were amazing leaders, so let this be enough evidence to dispel the idea that being waitlisted makes you a under-par candidate.

3) there is little you can do once you have been waitlisted and it is mostly out of your hands. I was waitlisted in mid-Dec 2011 and got admitted on early Feb, 2012. What I did in the meantime was accept the position in the waitlist and prepare my application for other business schools, preparing for the worse. For what it's worth, I would like to share what I indicated in my letter to accept the position in the waitlist: I said I was happy to be waitlisted because it was an indication that my classmates would be of high caliber. I also provided a description of my new responsibilities and most recent achievements. Finally, I indicated that I was ready to start in Singy rather than Fonty and that I was also open to start in the next intake (Jan 2013). Disclaimer: I don't have proof that this letter made a difference, because you cannot get official feedback from the AdCom and a part of the decision depends on luck (who are the other candidates, do they accept the offer at INSEAD, etc). I'm just saying that small things might make a difference, in the same way that a GMAT score can get you in or out. So I just made sure that I put all the odds in my favor: I applied to R1, attended two open-campus days, spoke with a member of the AdCom, interacted with 7-8 alumni and made sure my essays were perfect.

Very encouraging words. Thanks for sharing!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Send PM
leunam wrote:
Hi guys,

very helpful, thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Update.
Total 376
Chinese 20
Indian 53
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bensonzhsl wrote:
Update.
Total 376
Chinese 20
Indian 53

What about Americans? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
justwhisper wrote:
bensonzhsl wrote:
Update.
Total 376
Chinese 20
Indian 53

What about Americans? Thanks!

54 including Dual
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys, when are we to expect the next movement on the list?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts