Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [1]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Current Student Blogs [#permalink]
FROM Financial Times MBA Blog: How global is an MBA really?
With 40 per cent of her class international, Emily Ambrose discovers the benefits of diversity

Read more
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM Financial Times MBA Blog: The simulation day
While learning about leading change and transformation, Michael Wieder has one of his best MBA experiences so far

Read more
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.99
WE:Business Development (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
FROM NandoParrado: Application #1: GMAT
“The GMAT measures how good you are at taking the GMAT“. This was the opening line of the book that I used for my preparation years ago. The sentence resonated with me because it highlights two crucial points: the GMAT is a unique … Continue reading →
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM NandoParrado: Application #1b: TOEFL
The requisites for English Language testing are my only complaint about the MBA application process. The rules simply do not make sense to me. For most schools, an applicant is exempt from taking the TOEFL (or IELTS, or PTE) if and only if she has an undergraduate/graduate … Continue reading →
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM NandoParrado: Application #2: School Selection and Research
The key to a successful application is to articulate a clear fit between your professional/personal path and your target school. In other words, your application needs to demonstrate two things. On the one side, how the MBA program will represent a solid bridge between your past/present … Continue reading →
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM NandoParrado: Application #3: Profile Building
A critical phase of the MBA application, concurrent to researching your target schools, is “researching yourself” and building your profile. What are your unique traits? Where do you want to be in five years? And in twenty years? How would your personality, experiences, passions … Continue reading →
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM Financial Times MBA Blog: A break from recruiting
Taking a break from recruitment interviews, Philippa Rock helps to welcome the next intake of Wharton students

Read more
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM Financial Times MBA Blog: Creating a microbusiness
Marta Szczerba partners with five classmates to decide how best to invest $3,500 in funding

Read more
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM NandoParrado: Application #4: Essays
The most time-consuming part of writing the essays comes before and after the act of writing. Jotting down an answer to the questions should take a few hours at most. By then you should have already selected some great stories fit for the purpose, … Continue reading →
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM Financial Times MBA Blog: MBA Quiz 2015
“Which French bank was fined $613bn for manipulating the Euribor rate?” asked quizmaster Andrew Hill in this year’s FT MBA Quiz. “Société Générale” responded the team from Imperial College Business School and with that they had won – defending their championship title for a second year.
The team was made up of two executive MBA students, two masters students and one PhD student (see photo), selected on individual merit by the programme teams.
Read more
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM Financial Times MBA Blog: What is a global mindset?
A presentation during week one of his course has convinced Brenden Sheehan of the importance of broadening his perspective

Read more
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM NandoParrado: Application #5: Resume (and Online Application)
I feel that the resume is often overlooked in an MBA application, although I do not have any hard data to back this up. The reason is simple: I have hired a half dozen people in my career to date, after probably reviewing about a hundred resumes. … Continue reading →
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM Financial Times MBA Blog: Exploring the concrete jungle
A consultancy project takes Jaya Sharma to New York to conduct some market research on the US healthcare industry

Read more
MBA Blogger
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 510 Q29 V31
GMAT 2: 590 Q32 V38
WE:Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
FROM Sarah's MBA Journey: Cambridge MBA update
Well, in short I didn’t get an interview for the Cambridge MBA programme. My first thought, well that means I can buy a house instead. 

I always thought applying for Cambridge would be challenging; mainly because it’s Cambridge. 

I think there were two main reasons for my ding:

My qualifications: I have a good set of grade, but not stellar and if you want Soneone with straight A’s or a perfect GPA that’s not me.

Anytical ability: I got a phone call querying my ability to do maths based on my poor quant score in the GMAT, never a good sign. If my work and masters degree couldn’t reassure them, I’m not sure what would.

Future

For just now I’m going to concentrate on getting a new job, buying a house and then look again at part-time MBAs. I more want a place of my own than a fill time MBA. 

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
FROM uwengdori - Current Student: Days pass by

Winter is perhaps one of the most brutal or discouraging season for many including myself. Distance from the school makes commuting more difficult and makes me feel lazier with commute, but things have been alright.

There are strikes going on and final exams are coming.

I do have to talk about the beer game which I had a chance to play recently. Created by a group of professors from MIT, the game is meant to demonstrate importance of communication, reaction to variability in inventory and decisions are important in bringing costs down. It was pretty interesting how what started simple starts to become more complicated as backorder kicks in.

Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Reaching the Thirties: And I’m Back!
I can’t believe how much time has passed since the last time I wrote a post! I have been really lazy, I have to admit it! In any case, I have been thinking about publishing several posts on my blog for quite a while, but I always found reasons not to: grab some drinks with classmates, … Continue reading →
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM Financial Times MBA Blog: Two exhausting weekends
A trip to the European Commission in Brussels and a start-up weekend keeps Michael Wieder busy

Read more
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  44   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts