Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Can one opt not to select any B school? [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Your approach is not the optimal one. Because if you don't get the score you want, you going to have to cancel it anyway. So that next time you send the score report it wouldn't have the old score show up on it. You do know that if you don't cancel a score within 72 hours, it will be sent to the schools within the last five year range?

Instead I would suggest that you do fill out the schools you want to send the score to but then you cancel it if you don't get the score you want. That's a $140 value. (28 x 5)

You can reinstate it later, if you wanted to and in that case they will send score to those schools free.

The latest game and strategy in town is to cancel any score you're not happy with since you can always resurrect it should you have the need.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum App
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Okey that makes sense. Thanks for the reply and clarity on the subject. Appreciate.

Though this calls for another post but I have recently read from the test day experiences of lot many test takers that the gmat exam is becoming more difficult with time and scoring a 700 too is getting tougher day by day.

Do you have any insights as to why this might be happening and what one can do to over come it?

Any last minute advice on strategy will be of great help. Thank you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
The reports increasing difficulty have always been there. This is just the latest trend, but I've seen those every year. At the same time you will notice that GMAT scores are continuing to inflate due to a greater percentage of testtakers scoring higher than average.

I don't think there's anything happening with the test per se, and even if it did we would not know or could really help it. So I would suggest to focus on the items you can control - the strategy and let the questions fall as they do.

PS. One reason people report that the test is getting harder is that everyone who works out of the test center always feels they could have done better. I have considered for a few hours after my test going back in retaking it. I never did thankfully. If I did go back I would have probably gotten a lower score because I would be focusing on finer points while most likely ignoring the big items thinking that I got them perfectly and I really don't need to pay attention to the big stuff anymore.

My advice for you is to take it one question at a time and never spend more than three minutes on a single question. It is suicide to do that. Plan to be stumped and make a decision now about how much time you will spend if you are, even if it's the first question. Plan out all scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum App
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I am in a somehow similar situation.
Will take the GMAT in the near future, but will apply to BS in 2y time. Can I fill in the 5 BS I plan to apply (in order to save $28 x 5) and later on (in 2 years) decide to send the score to those 5? Or the score is sent by default once it is available?

Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Stn wrote:
I am in a somehow similar situation.
Will take the GMAT in the near future, but will apply to BS in 2y time. Can I fill in the 5 BS I plan to apply (in order to save $28 x 5) and later on (in 2 years) decide to send the score to those 5? Or the score is sent by default once it is available?

Thanks!

You can't delay sending the scores. They will be transmitted (or made available for the school to see in their dashboard) as soon as AWA is available. if you send them, however, some schools will be able to access them in the following application seasons (we never really got the full scoop on sending the score reports early and whether GMAC cuts off access to those later on).

My suggestion would be to fill out the schools you want to send to unless you want to avoid having your mailbox clogged with catalogs for the next 2 years.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Can one opt not to select any B school? [#permalink]
Thanks!
Is there a way to find out who is able to access and who's not when I am going to apply?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Stn wrote:
Thanks!
Is there a way to find out who is able to access and who's not when I am going to apply?

Just email the admissions team to verify when it comes the time to apply/submit. Many schools have a dashboard that shows the status of your various components/application elements - e.g. GMAT score confirmed/received, LOR's received, transcripts, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys.
I am in a similar situation. I am taking the test soon but will not be applying to schools this year. So what happens if I choose not to select 5 schools but send it to whichever schools I apply to at a late stage?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nainikapadhi,

When you take the Official GMAT, you do not have to select any Schools to receive your Official Score Report at that time. However, you will be charged a fee (per School) later on when you do decide to send out those Reports. You can read more about that entire process here:

https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat/after-th ... to-schools

1) How have you been scoring on your CATs/mocks?
2) What is your Goal Score and when are you planning to take the Official GMAT?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22062 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
nainikapadhi wrote:
Hi guys.
I am in a similar situation. I am taking the test soon but will not be applying to schools this year. So what happens if I choose not to select 5 schools but send it to whichever schools I apply to at a late stage?

You absolutely can wait to send out your GMAT score at a later date. For some more information on sending your GMAT scores here is a helpful article:

How to Send GMAT Scores to Schools
GMAT Club Bot