Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 17:17 It is currently 04 May 2024, 17:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1738 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 333 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well i had a little bit of bad experience. My test was at 13:15 and i made it to the test center at 12. One hour and fifteen minutes early. The people in the test center did not allow me to sit in the reception and instead asked me to come by 12:30. I had to spend half an hour in a shopping mall just beside the test center having a sip of coffee. This was a bit of letdown.

After this once i entered the test center everything was ok. Dont worry about the cubicles, they are quite ok . If you are one of those fat persons, then i think you can request them for a bigger cubicle. The proctors are nice and trained well. Ask for ear plugs if you are ok with them. And make sure you take your full time for AWA. I completed AWA in 20 minutes each and had to start my math section when other were still in AWA. THe keyboard typing sound was irritating me during my math. I tried earplugs but it dint work as i was not comfortablwe with them.

My take: Dont go to test center unnecessarily early. Practice with earplugs in your home during prep and ask for earplugs during the test. Rest dont worry ,everything will be fine. goodluck.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Re: Problems in GMAT test center??? [#permalink]
GMATBLACKBELT wrote:
Anyone have any problems in the GMATTest center other than poweroutages or other extremes?

Example: problems with notepad + pen? Small cubicle

etc...

I don't wanna be caught off guard or nething.

Do not worry about your hands, they will be BLUE! Otherwise nothing.

Have a great GMAT time. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
my test was at 8am. i got there at 7:15 and the guard in the building said that they open at 7:30am. at 7:30, there was a big crowd of people all waiting in the lobby to try to go up to the floor of pearson vue but the elevators weren't actually working to let anyone up to that floor (you push the button and it doesn't do anything).

at 7:45, the security guard used his key to just let everyone up in the elevator.

it took a little bit of time since they had to process like 40 people all there to take exams (about 1/2 were taking the gmat).

once i got in, the proctor asked if i needed earplugs. i said no (i'm usually very good at drowning out noise and concentrating).

however, when i started the AWA section, i didn't realize just how loud the other typing would be. the keyboard had a click to them and it really did get pretty loud in there so i raised my hand and asked the proctor for earplugs.

i haven't worn earplugs ever so it took me a few minutes to get used to putting them in my ears, etc.

i probably lost about 5 minutes in AWA because of the difficulty to concentrate and earplugs.

at home, i was used to working by myself on the computer. the tv set would usually be on so that got a little distracting at home but i learned to tune it out. the keyboard clicking was different from anything i was used to at work.

so my only advice is...practice taking the test wearing earplugs.

the paper and marker were fine. my marker worked perfectly like it was brand new and the paper was great. i did run out of paper in the math section so i raised my hand and the proctor quickly gave me another set.

RVD.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1107 [0]
Schools:Cornell
Send PM
Re: Problems in GMAT test center??? [#permalink]
kwam wrote:
Do not worry about your hands, they will be BLUE! Otherwise nothing.

Mine orange fingers haha... And the plastic sheets are slippery. Anyway that's nothing too serious. You'll be okay.

GMATBLACKBELT, I wish you all the best.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Someone audibly farted during my test. Made me laugh, which kind of threw me off a little bit.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
mba2010 wrote:
Someone audibly farted during my test. Made me laugh, which kind of threw me off a little bit.

Hahahahahaha

That's why I used the ear plugs
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kwam wrote:
mba2010 wrote:

Hahahahahaha

Yes, but depending on what they ate, nose plugs might also be necessary!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ishcabibble wrote:
kwam wrote:
mba2010 wrote:

Hahahahahaha

Yes, but depending on what they ate, nose plugs might also be necessary!

:lol:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1738 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
mba2010 wrote:

rofl
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 679 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
what type of marker do they give? like sharpies or are the tips not as thick?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
fine tip sharpie.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37371 posts