Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hey, if you're front office, you should be good to go. You're cutting it a bit close on the GMAT but you should be ok. Just expect to be really busy in the last couple of months. As for schools - I really can't suggest any until you have a GMAT score in hand. It's completely hypothetical until then. Especially for rigorous MS programs like Finance. You really need a score in hand before you worry about picking programs. Focus on the GMAT and crush them :)

Good luck!

Bhavik
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Hi, I recently gave the gmat and got a 730. My profile is as follows

Indian / Male / 29 yrs old / Non-IT background

Xth - 91.4% CBSE
XIIth - 88% Maharashtra State Board

BE - 66% from Nagpur university in 2006

2 years of techie work ex after that in techmahindra from 2006-08

MBA from Scmhrd between 2008-10. GPA - 2.7/4

Worked for a top FMCG firm (Gsk consumer healthcare ltd) between 2010 till Feb 2014.

I was an area sales manager and led teams from size 5 to 10. Then was a Brand manager for 1.5 yrs and was part of a very successful brand team (Brand Sensodyne). I was the only one shifting to brands from sales in that year in my company. Overall good leadership exp in this phase of my career and lots of challenging assignments to talk about.

Currently I am working with a mktg analytics startup in Bangalore as a Domain consultant for CPG and have a team of 3 business analysts reporting to me. This is exciting work with most clients from the US and Europe. The culture is very different from a FMCG firm and one of the reasons I joined. I wanted to exp working in start ups before I went in for another MBA to better understand their challenges.

I have been an active quizzer throughout my college life and have won a few national level quizzes. I was part of the university quiz team. I have played football for the college team and I am a runner. I have ran a few 10ks and plan to run the half marathon in oct and I am training for it.

I have been active in committees and event organising (headed quiz comms, cultural festivals etc) and have been part of my earlier mba school's placement committee.

My aim is one of the following colleges Wharton / Kellogg / Ross / Stern. I was planning on keeping Anderson and Cornell as safe schools (Any suggestions on how is Kenan-Flagler, North Carolina would help).

Future aspirations are to enter consulting or get into a good program of a top consumer goods company as plan B.

Please comment of the profile vis-a-vis my college aspirations.
Send PM
Hi Mehul,

Happy to help but if you could, create a new topic in "Ask Critical Square" and paste what you've written there. It's easier for others reading these posts if they're kept separate.

I'll respond as soon as the site lets me know you created the post - I promise!

Bhavik
GMAT Club Bot