Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:Terry, Georgia Tech
 Q50  V40
GPA: 7.87
WE 1: Working for Wipro Technologies since April 2010
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Send PM
Re: profile evaluation... can i make it? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Samidh:

answering your questions:

1) No GT does not interview everyone, but does not admit anyone they do not interview. make sense? If you do not get an invitation to interview, I'd contact Paula Wilson and explain your desire for an interview---implore her that if they only let in one international student to the program next year, you want to be that person, and then have some compelling reasons why!

2) Same answer for Terry (just not sure who the director of admissions is over there now).

3) Hard to say on a scale of 1 to 10. Both schools are trying to boost their international percentage, but they get a LOT of Indian applicants (especially Tech due to the technology affiliation). Your best bet is your GMAT, which is way above average for both schools.

Make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to look over your essays before submitting...
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry...forgot to speak to the employability. Basically, they will interview you at Tech like a potential employer would. They are trying to figure out how you come across in a job interview and thus how easy it will be for you to get a job. Tech loathes overconfident people with a bad attitude and look for people who know what they want to do, but have some humility and flexibility as well. having less than average WE, you should work on your response to questions about that and why you will still be attractive to your target employers despite having less WE.
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V40
Send PM
bryantmichaels wrote:
Samidh:

answering your questions:

1) No GT does not interview everyone, but does not admit anyone they do not interview. make sense? If you do not get an invitation to interview, I'd contact Paula Wilson and explain your desire for an interview---implore her that if they only let in one international student to the program next year, you want to be that person, and then have some compelling reasons why!

2) Same answer for Terry (just not sure who the director of admissions is over there now).

3) Hard to say on a scale of 1 to 10. Both schools are trying to boost their international percentage, but they get a LOT of Indian applicants (especially Tech due to the technology affiliation). Your best bet is your GMAT, which is way above average for both schools.

Make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to look over your essays before submitting...

Hi Bryant,

just to make sure I am following what you meant, are you suggesting me to contact Paula Wilson and Rich Daniels directly if I do not get an interview call?

I am sorry I am being so irritatingly dumb here. Its just that the MBA is very important to me. Its not just because I am looking for a better job. In fact,I am happy with my job. But it is a part of the plan I have to make my dream come true. I have in fact mentioned it in my essays. And moreover, I feel the timing would be perfect if I can graduate in 2013 for more than one reason. And because of the budget, I am applying to these 2 colleges only. Hence, I am sort of desperate to make it happen this time. Hope you understand.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes that is exactly what I am saying. The old mantra "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" is a noble axiom. You will need to approach it in a thoughtful way, identifying the fact that you realize not everyone can interview, but you are only applying to Tech and then briefly explain (in a minute or less) your passion for going there and why it means so much. It's not an easy task to convince someone of something they have already decided on, so be prepared for some pushback. Get creative, and be persistent, but considerate. Clearly this advice only applies if you are not invited for an interview. Perhaps you will be invited! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Bryant,

Can you give me some instances where a student has not made the cut despite giving a good interview at Terry? I have been invited to a telephone interview. But I wanted to know if this is just a formality or do I stand a decent chance?
GMAT Club Bot