Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [1]
Send PM
Profile Evaluation Request- THANK YOU! [#permalink]
Kudos
Great! Glad to hear you found it to be valuable.
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request- THANK YOU! [#permalink]
Ok CriticalSquare , follow up question. Would you recommend applying for 2017 intake or 2018 intake? I have a friend that is starting at Fuqua in the fall and he’s recommending I don’t wait any longer. This has got me thinking that I really don’t want to wait 2+ years to start a program.
If I applied for 2017 intake: I’d likely stay in the same role I’m in now. Post MBA career goal would be to do strategy consulting for companies in healthcare industry. I’d be 26 entering the program. My fear is that I wouldn’t have enough experience to reach post-MBA career goal. I’d have less time to save for the MBA program, but I’d be making a better salary sooner in life so it would make up for it.
If I applied for 2018 intake: I’d likely find a job for larger consulting firm NOW, that way I can increase the likelihood of convincing ADCOM that my post-MBA career goals are within reach. Assuming this job switch is overall beneficial and is not out of left field. I’d have more time to prepare for the program(savings, etc.)

Given my profile, how do you think both routes would affect my admission chances at the target schools given(if at all)? Thanks again!
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi there,

Great follow-up question. If you're asking if waiting another year will help your odds of admission - they will. By how much? Well, that all depends on what you can accomplish between this cycle and next. The reason I would suggest waiting is because at the moment, I don't see much that sets you apart when it comes to your work experience. Another year would give you a chance to emerge as a leader within your team/organization to show your the AdComm your leadership capacity. While your work in the church will take you a long way, you may also want to consider getting involved in another activity to supplement your community involvement. This will show the AdComm your diversity. Hope this helps, and best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot