Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Profile Request Indiana Kelley Direct [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Definitely retake the exam. And on that note, I would examine the decision to go with that particular program without having first put in your max effort on the GMAT. I understand that they're paying for the program in full, and that's very attractive. But I would encourage you to look at the long-term return on investment for a more competitive program versus Kelley Direct. I certainly don't mean to disparage that but I would look down the road a bit and ask yourself if having them pay for the program is the most important variable here. You are only going to do this once . If you can get your GMAT score up, it would be well worth your while to get another year or so of work experience and then apply to a top MBA.

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Tutor MBAPrepCoach.com
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
IUgmat wrote:
Just got back from taking the GMAT for the first time and am feeling fairly defeated but I only studied for 2 and a half weeks so i probably deserve the score i got! Anyways please evaluate my profile for acceptance into the MBA program I want!

I am wanting to get accepted into IU's Kelley direct MBA (Online MBA program)

24 y/o
Male
White
Work: Leadership Development Program in a fortune top 10 company. Rotate to new jobs in concentrations of Management, Operations, Supply Chain, and Quality every four to six months)
Work Length: 1 year full time, 3 internships in undergrad.
Undergrad GPA: 3.2
Concentration: Business Administration, Operations Management, Information systems
GMAT: 520
Company paying for entire degree upfront.

What are your thoughts? retake the GMAT or just ride that terrible score and hope the other elements off balance.

Without a doubt retake the GMAT. If you want to have a sense of how much higher you need to score, give us some more information about your background including extra-curricular activities.

Get the official guide and start studying! If you want any any tutoring support, drop me a line and I'll set you up.

Scott@personalmbacoach.com

Best,
Scott
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
Considering that you did not really give the GMAT your all the first time around (as you said yourself), I would also definitely recommend retaking it, and I would say that to most applicants. Your profile otherwise is solid, so you would really not be doing yourself any favors by applying with your current score. It’s hard to say what score you should aim for without knowing more about you but I assume that there is a lot of room for improvement here, just based on the limited time you spent studying this time around.
GMAT Club Bot