Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4702 [0]
Given Kudos: 376
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4702 [0]
Given Kudos: 376
Send PM
Re: Review of 1000 PS and DS questions [#permalink]
dragonball wrote:
Hi Fluke,

Do you have any idea whether the 1000 PS and DS question bank level is below 680 or above 680?

I don't know it for sure, but my guess would be ~85% of those are below 650. Most of those are between 500-650. Rest few are below 500. Try those; pick a few sets, say 3 DS and 2PS at random and see it for yourself. If you are making >3 mistakes in every set, then it's worthwhile. Let others know your opinion after solving those sets.

Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I did 1 section of PS. Completed 20 question in 27 minutes and got 2 wrong. :-) Since I tend to make careless mistakes in easy questions, I will surely work on this document.

Probably, this might help me ensure that I don't get any 600-700 level question wrong.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1372 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
I have solved 1000series and from my experience it is definitely around 650-680 level except last 2-3 questions of every set that tend to be 700 level. 1000series helped me a lot in word problems, be it mixture,ratio,percent,interest or any other. I was getting bogged down by wordings but this question bank really helped me figure out word problems really quickly. I have solved most of the set and at one stage I could solve all question much within stipulated time. That's the key. But do not expect tougher mean-median or geometry or inequality questions from these sets.
For 700-level, check out GMAT Paper Test sets. That's very close to real GMAT exam except well it is not CAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the reply Jamifahad. It really helped.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
fluke wrote:
dragonball wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone ever used 1000 PS and DS question bank for GMAT? I am unable to find suitable reviews of the quality of content present in these materials.

My problem areas are -
1. I tend to get slow during the middle of the exam and create undue time pressure towards the end.
2. I make a lot of silly mistakes.

Some say that this question bank has easier questions (probably below 650 level) compared with the current GMAT Quant level, but I think that these questions might be a good source of practice. I guess practicing relatively easier questions might help me get rid of silly mistakes and timing pressure.

Can someone please guide me whether its a good decision to work on these document or not.

PS - I am through with many questions of gmatclub 25 Quant tests,. but still facing the issue of silly mistakes.

Thanks.

My advice:
Use 1000Series.

Another advice:
MGMAT CATS/Practice/Challenge Problems

Another suggestion- did you tried Bunuel collections (esp. for good quality questions! his profile link - https://gmatclub.com/forum/members/member-73391.html- please look @ signature ). For me those questions saved a lot of time and did not really worked too hard on quant part.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Dragon Ball Try SETS 31 question, these questions kick the ass of 1000 PS/DS. Take each Math Test as a sectional test.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
HI dragonball
can you please share the link from where you have downloaded the PS and DS 1000 questions.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92945 posts