Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Ross vs Kellogg PT [#permalink]
Hey there, keep in mind after you graduate, your resume will merely state you have an MBA from a particular program. It won't say if it's part time or online or full time. Therefore, you may lose out on the full time recruiting components that Alex mentioned (along with the internship, extracurriculars, etc.), but for part time you really want to go for brand. In this case, I'd say go for Kellogg if you have the option.

Hope that helps!

Bhavik
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Send PM
CriticalSquare wrote:
Hey there, keep in mind after you graduate, your resume will merely state you have an MBA from a particular program. It won't say if it's part time or online or full time. Therefore, you may lose out on the full time recruiting components that Alex mentioned (along with the internship, extracurriculars, etc.), but for part time you really want to go for brand. In this case, I'd say go for Kellogg if you have the option.

Hope that helps!

Bhavik

I am in the same boat choosing between Kellogg or Ross. Both seem like very good schools. Kellogg would be a weekly flight to chicago and Ross would be 2 hour driver every other week and the benefit of working in a cohort. I am looking to get into corporate strategy and product strategy. Any thoughts?
Send PM
Hey there,

So it seems Kellogg will be a bit more pricey but if you're ok with that - go with Kellogg. Corporate Strategy = brand and Product Strategy = Kellogg. The cohort component is less important for PT / WMBAs and you can still foster a sense of community in other programs. If there are personal reasons that make Ross more attractive, then those are important, but on the surface - Kellogg wins!

Bhavik
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Send PM
CriticalSquare wrote:
Hey there,

So it seems Kellogg will be a bit more pricey but if you're ok with that - go with Kellogg. Corporate Strategy = brand and Product Strategy = Kellogg. The cohort component is less important for PT / WMBAs and you can still foster a sense of community in other programs. If there are personal reasons that make Ross more attractive, then those are important, but on the surface - Kellogg wins!

Bhavik

Bhavik - Thank you for your response. My firm will be paying for the tuition, so price wise both are equal. Although I do need to pay for travel and with Chicago been a 1 hour flight each week, it would cost a lot more than 2 hour drive to Ann Arbor. In terms of PT programs, do they compare? I know the strengths of each for the FT programs and Ross would be a great FT option for me in career terms, but am a little unsure about whether PT would be similar. Based on my research Kellogg PT is one of the best besides Booth.
Send PM
Hey there,

You're very welcome! So when it comes to PT programs, a lot of the thing that make the FT programs applies. Same professors, resources, etc. Are they the same as their FT brethren? No. But they're close. When you graduate, you walk out with a Kellogg / Ross MBA. Not a Kellogg / Ross PT MBA. So the answer to your question is - which do you want on your resume? The answer is Kellogg. They're in different tiers. Ross is a fantastic program and offers a lot of really important factors to its FT students (primarily culture) that other schools can't. But Kellogg on your resume will open more doors than Ross. People KNOW Kellogg!

So if you're ok with the flight costs and the investment in time, purple is the way to go!

Bhavik
GMAT Club Bot