Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3
WE:Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Re: Sauder Vs. Schulich [#permalink]
Kudos
naeln wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Have you visited both schools? In so many ways, the best school to attend is the best school for you. Each has a very distinct culture and you'll get a sense of where you will best thrive. Really urge you to visit before committing.

Also, review the employment statistics for each and think about where you want to end up, where the recruiters will be that you want to connect with.

I understand you're interested in being open during your studies, but you need to have a specific goal before going to business school so that you can make manifest what you want to achieve.

It's kind of like walking into the Mall of America without a shopping list. You'll become a little overwhelmed and distracted if you don't think first about what you want to get done.

I think that reflecting on your goal more thoroughly will bring forth the best school for you to attend. You might want to enroll the help of a coach and doing this.

My last suggestion would be where do you want to live? Vancouver or Toronto? I think that has an impact on this decision.

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Tutor MBAPrepCoach.com

Thank you Farrell ? Regarding my short and long term plans,I want to work in the consulting space (specifically Organizational and business development) and later move to starting my own business.

As an international student, it is challenging to visit schools.
I have never been to Canada and my knowledge of the Vancouver vs Toronto argument is from what I have read online. People are cheering for both cities for different reasons. Each has its own appeal. I am wondering whether ranking has the same impact on one's post MBA job prospects in Canada as in the US?!!

Thanks again☺

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device

Canadian here—the decision really comes down to whether you want to live and work in Toronto or in Vancouver. Canadian MBA programs are fairly regional so I wouldn't worry at all about UBC's brand vs. York's brand. Both Sauder and Schulich are well respected in Canada, but will carry much higher value in their respective regional centers (Sauder in Vancouver vs. Schulich in Toronto).

Decide on Vancouver vs. Toronto first, and then go with Sauder for Vancouver or Schulich (and Rotman) for Toronto.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I am in a similar situation (Schulich Hyderabad vs Sauder) and the decision needs to be based on post-MBA work opportunities.

Though Toronto is known for numerous opportunities, I'd like to know whether Vancouver fares well in terms of decent career prospects.

I am looking for a Marketing/ Branding/ Business Development/ Corporate Innovator role in Tech/ Non-Tech industries.

Thanks in advance.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3132 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
akashbehl wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am in a similar situation (Schulich Hyderabad vs Sauder) and the decision needs to be based on post-MBA work opportunities.

Though Toronto is known for numerous opportunities, I'd like to know whether Vancouver fares well in terms of decent career prospects.

I am looking for a Marketing/ Branding/ Business Development/ Corporate Innovator role in Tech/ Non-Tech industries.

Thanks in advance.

Have you taken into account that the Hyderabad campus of Schulich does not have the same reach, branding as the Canadiana one?
BIG DIFFERENCE!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts