Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Stanford MSx (Sloan) - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
crazybanker wrote:
Congs to everyone!
Decision notification deadline (19th dec) has already passed and I have not received any call or email from the school yet. Does it mean that I still have a chance of being accepted?

Crazybanker,
I don't want to create high expectations, but you actually have. I've heard that sometimes they give positive answers for applicants from Round 1 even in January.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just a quick questions to all accepted candidates. I am trying to figure out how many folks in this program are self funded vs how many employer-sponsored.
Can all of you please share that? I am self-funded.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Doubleclick,
why don't you ask this question in LinkedIn "Stanford MSx / Sloan Fellows 2016" group?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Lvov,

Yes, actually before posting here I thought about posting this question in Linkedin group. But I am not sure how comfortable folks might be in answering this question with their professional ID. Some folks might have some reservation using their more official Linkedin ID due to their unique situation or arrangement with employers etc. Hence I thought to ask in this group.
I am anyway just trying to get a rough idea of ratio of self funded to employer sponsored and am not actually interested in knowing any more specific details so thought this might be a better place.

Folks who feel more comfortable through PM instead of forum, please let me know and we can exchange communication through PM as well. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
What a ride this has been! To decide to apply, to wonder if this school would ever be interested in you, to wait for interviews and acceptance. A real rollercoaster! Since I relied on a lot of comments that were made years ago on these forums, I am giving some recommendations to those applying in the future to this unique program:

1. They do like diversity. I am from completely different professional background than most of the applicants. I am an orthodontist with a affinity toward business concepts. I have never worked for big-business, but I have made my small business big. I live in the US, but was born in Chile. I am 46 years old, married, and have four children, so a "normal" MBA program did not appeal to me. Don't be afraid to apply, even if you do not fit the typical business school demographics.

2. Don't bother with admission consultants. If you are one and are reading this, sorry, you have a place, but just not in this program. The most unique part of this program is how the fellows fit together. Be yourself and honest in the essays. The questions were personal, and I answered them in a personal way. My recommendation is to not worry about what they want to hear, just tell it like it is, in your own words. (I am not saying to not to write your best - I wrote at least ten drafts, and used proper grammar and style, but I am not a writer - as you can probably tell from this post.)

3. Do your research and apply early. Have plenty of time to complete a superb application. Do not rush it.

4. Visit the program during an official classroom visit. I can't think of a better way to "feel" the culture and atmosphere of the place. Meet and talk to the program director, visit an actual class, talk to other fellows and applicants, drive around the area, and just get to know the place.

5. Make sure that those who write your letters of recommendation know you well. Do not go for title recognition, but for people who can write very specifically about you. I asked my each of my recommenders to write three specific and different parts of "my story". I gave them a lot of information about the program and what type of applicant they want. It was the specifics that made the letters special. Both Stanford and MIT interviewers commented (a lot) on how specific the letters were and how much they appreciated them. Almost as if they were tired of reading most letters of recommendations. If a recommender asks you to give them your CV, then they probably do not know you well enough.

That's it. I was accepted to both schools and now I have to decide where to go! Now, that is a tough decision!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Made a tough decision this last week. I decided to go to MIT Sloan Fellows next year. The hardest part was to say no to Stanford and all that it has to offer. At least now there is one more spot open for anyone that hasn't heard yet!

Good luck to all and enjoy the ride!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all, has anyone applied in the 2nd round and received an invitation for an interview?

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
labr wrote:
Hi all, has anyone applied in the 2nd round and received an invitation for an interview?

Cheers!

Hi, labr, I applied the 2nd round but haven't heard anything.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Applied by the 1/15 deadline. I received an email saying they received my application and that's it. How long does it take to schedule an interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All, I've applied for MSx in Round 2 and have just joined this forum. Has anyone heard from Stanford regarding an interview? I have not seen anything since the email sent to all applicants a couple of weeks ago. Thanks.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all!

I've applied to the 2nd round.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Does anyone hear anything?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any interview invites for R2 applicants so far?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got an interview invite. All inputs welcome.....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any other interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Interviewing in the last week of Feb. What should I expect?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What was your GMAT score?

quote="Braceman"]Starting this topic for those of us applying to Stanford MSx (Sloan) Program - Class of 2016 (intake 2015). R1 interviews have began and would like to connect with anyone going through this process. Good luck to all![/quote]
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts