Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:59 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GPA: 3.1
WE:Accounting (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
WE:Other (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Based on past years, does anyone know the odds of getting accepted from the waitlist?

I'm trying to keep positive, especially since I was able to send the Ad Com a positive work related update regarding a new job responsibility (handling two budgets) shortly after they placed me on the waitlist. I sent in the update because I think it will show my quantitative strength which Ad Com might look at as a weakness based on my GMAT quant score.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lcm319 - Be positive! It's not over till it's over! I'm waiting too.. sometimes patiently, sometimes not so much! haha.

JL - Thanks for checking the number of slots.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Slots: 258

The game is still on :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm out! Received the rejection email late last week.

Good luck to those who are still waiting and those who are starting school! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
KAS1 wrote:
I'm out! Received the rejection email late last week.

Good luck to those who are still waiting and those who are starting school! :)

Sorry to hear that. You should apply for next semester. You have enough time to work on the app now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey Guys,

I see a lot of Spring applicants here, anyone else out there waiting for Fall admission?

I submitted my application and received the notification about reviewing from the admissions committee, anyone else hear about interviews so far?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Haha hello again there Endowing! Stern Langone doesn't typically do interviews, do they?

Endowing wrote:
Hey Guys,

I see a lot of Spring applicants here, anyone else out there waiting for Fall admission?

I submitted my application and received the notification about reviewing from the admissions committee, anyone else hear about interviews so far?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[quote="chris558"]Haha hello again there Endowing! Stern Langone doesn't typically do interviews, do they?

So, I just got an invitation to interview at NYU for the Part-Time program. So I guess they do sometimes conduct interview. Chris, you got in without an interview, correct?

I hope this is a good sign!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Endowing wrote:
chris558 wrote:
Haha hello again there Endowing! Stern Langone doesn't typically do interviews, do they?

So, I just got an invitation to interview at NYU for the Part-Time program. So I guess they do sometimes conduct interview. Chris, you got in without an interview, correct?

Yeah, didn't do an interview. Best of luck, let us know how the interview goes!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Chris558,

Interview went very well... it was not too difficult at all.. the questions were rather standard: Why NYU, What do I plan to do, Why now, What do I hope to contribute, how do I plan to achieve my goals...

It was exactly 30 minutes, and the interviewer was an admissions committee member.

chris558 wrote:
Endowing wrote:
chris558 wrote:

Yeah, didn't do an interview. Best of luck, let us know how the interview goes!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I've been admitted after all!

Good-luck to everyone else!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I am planning to enroll in the part time MBA program at NYU for the academic year starting in 2015 and I am in the process of preparing my application for the same(GMAT,Recommendation letters and Essays etc...)
I have read in numerous blogs/websites and forums that NYU does not allow part time MBA students to participate in the on campus recruitment and that the OCR is strictly meant for Full time students.
Much as i would like not to believe so but I am looking to get some concrete information from a reliable source and therefore I am posting this topic in this forum.
Having been in the IT industry for over 10 years,I am now looking to completely switch career to a field that is non-technical and more of business oriented.
Can someone please advise if part time MBA is an appropriate medium to accomplish the goals that i have set for myself.
Can someone also please clarify the situation about the OCR for part time students.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello gmat072014,

The first question you should consider is: How much of a change are you looking to make in your career trajectory? Part-time MBAs are really geared more for folks looking to stay within their current industry and/or make a move using your current experience to solidify the next step. That said, it is not impossible to make a jump to a new industry in the part-time, but it becomes a bit more difficult jumping to a completely different industry without an internship. If you are looking to go from say, engineering to Investment Banking or Private Equity, then I highly recommend going full-time. However, if you plan to seek a business leadership role in a tech firm, then an MBA part-time could be, and likely is, sufficient. I chose part-time due to my current technical position in a top tech firm and my desire to stay within the tech industry.

Although I was accepted to NYU, I chose to attend another MBA program, so I cannot speak to the specifics of the NYU on-campus recruiting. However, what I can tell you is that during my interview with Stern, they made it very clear that they provide very little assistance in finding a job outside of your current role. From memory the question posed was: "Since you are not allowed to take part in on-campus recruitment, what do you plan to do on your own to leverage your own advance your own career?"

Another thing to keep in mind is the cost trade off of obtaining the MBA. If you decide to go full-time, then you forego a hefty sum of income plus you take on debt to finance your degree. If you take an entry level job post MBA, depending on your current income and position and what industry you seek to enter, you may end up taking a step down in position / pay.

Just some things to consider!

I hope the information above helps you with your decision.

Best of luck!

gmat072014 wrote:
I am planning to enroll in the part time MBA program at NYU for the academic year starting in 2015 and I am in the process of preparing my application for the same(GMAT,Recommendation letters and Essays etc...)
I have read in numerous blogs/websites and forums that NYU does not allow part time MBA students to participate in the on campus recruitment and that the OCR is strictly meant for Full time students.
Much as i would like not to believe so but I am looking to get some concrete information from a reliable source and therefore I am posting this topic in this forum.
Having been in the IT industry for over 10 years,I am now looking to completely switch career to a field that is non-technical and more of business oriented.
Can someone please advise if part time MBA is an appropriate medium to accomplish the goals that i have set for myself.
Can someone also please clarify the situation about the OCR for part time students.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Thank you Endowing - that was very helpful.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All NYU Stern Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All NYU Stern Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All NYU Stern Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated NYU Stern Forum to dive into all things related to NYU Stern's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts