Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 02:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 87
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.1
WE: Accounting (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 27

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2012, 14:11
Could someone please check how many slots are left? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2012, 16:40
KAS1 wrote:
Could someone please check how many slots are left? Thanks!


Just checked. 249
Intern
Intern
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 07:23
JohnLock - Congrats on getting in. I am also newly admitted, but I can't seem to access the database that provides the number of students in the incoming class. Can you tell me where to go?

Edit: Nevermind - I figured it out.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing
WE: Other (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 07:53
Based on past years, does anyone know the odds of getting accepted from the waitlist?

I'm trying to keep positive, especially since I was able to send the Ad Com a positive work related update regarding a new job responsibility (handling two budgets) shortly after they placed me on the waitlist. I sent in the update because I think it will show my quantitative strength which Ad Com might look at as a weakness based on my GMAT quant score.
Current Student
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 87
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.1
WE: Accounting (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 27

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 09:13
lcm319 - Be positive! It's not over till it's over! I'm waiting too.. sometimes patiently, sometimes not so much! haha.

JL - Thanks for checking the number of slots.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 22:03
Slots: 258

The game is still on :)
Current Student
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 87
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.1
WE: Accounting (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 27

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 10:11
I'm out! Received the rejection email late last week.

Good luck to those who are still waiting and those who are starting school! :)
Intern
Intern
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 18:51
KAS1 wrote:
I'm out! Received the rejection email late last week.

Good luck to those who are still waiting and those who are starting school! :)


Sorry to hear that. You should apply for next semester. You have enough time to work on the app now.
Current Student
Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 14:43
Hey Guys,

I see a lot of Spring applicants here, anyone else out there waiting for Fall admission?

I submitted my application and received the notification about reviewing from the admissions committee, anyone else hear about interviews so far?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 74
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 13

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 09:15
Haha hello again there Endowing! Stern Langone doesn't typically do interviews, do they?

Endowing wrote:
Hey Guys,

I see a lot of Spring applicants here, anyone else out there waiting for Fall admission?

I submitted my application and received the notification about reviewing from the admissions committee, anyone else hear about interviews so far?

Thanks!
Current Student
Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2013, 11:09
[quote="chris558"]Haha hello again there Endowing! Stern Langone doesn't typically do interviews, do they?

So, I just got an invitation to interview at NYU for the Part-Time program. So I guess they do sometimes conduct interview. Chris, you got in without an interview, correct?

I hope this is a good sign!
Manager
Manager
Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 74
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 13

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2013, 10:58
Endowing wrote:
chris558 wrote:
Haha hello again there Endowing! Stern Langone doesn't typically do interviews, do they?

So, I just got an invitation to interview at NYU for the Part-Time program. So I guess they do sometimes conduct interview. Chris, you got in without an interview, correct?

I hope this is a good sign!


Yeah, didn't do an interview. Best of luck, let us know how the interview goes!!!
Current Student
Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2013, 20:10
Hey Chris558,

Interview went very well... it was not too difficult at all.. the questions were rather standard: Why NYU, What do I plan to do, Why now, What do I hope to contribute, how do I plan to achieve my goals...

It was exactly 30 minutes, and the interviewer was an admissions committee member.



chris558 wrote:
Endowing wrote:
chris558 wrote:
Haha hello again there Endowing! Stern Langone doesn't typically do interviews, do they?

So, I just got an invitation to interview at NYU for the Part-Time program. So I guess they do sometimes conduct interview. Chris, you got in without an interview, correct?

I hope this is a good sign!


Yeah, didn't do an interview. Best of luck, let us know how the interview goes!!!
Current Student
Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2013, 14:17
I've been admitted after all!

Good-luck to everyone else!
Re: Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 30 Jul 2013, 14:17
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
New posts Experts publish their posts in the topic Ross Part time 2013- Calling all applicants souvik101990 3 15 Feb 2013, 08:22
Moved topic 2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants VKDAD 73 25 Sep 2012, 13:02
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New Stern Part-Time Fall 2013 - Calling All Applicants chethanjs 0 16 May 2013, 21:26
New posts Stern Part-Time Fall 2013 - Calling All Applicants chris558 0 05 Apr 2013, 07:55
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Stern Part-Time Spring 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 74 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.