Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V34
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [2]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Submitting Application Before Taking GMAT [#permalink]
Kudos
yes, i talked with an Admissions Counselor and you can send you application in as long as the official score is on its way. But you need to write your Gmat
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Great! And do double check each school's policies, some have different requirements for what you need to submit at the time of application. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaMissionKate wrote:
Great! And do double check each school's policies, some have different requirements for what you need to submit at the time of application. Good luck!

How long does it take the school to receive the scores after we submit them from taking the GMAT? is it instantaneous?
Send PM
Expert Reply
No, unfortunately it's not instantaneous. It can take up to 20 days. See this link (which is also where you can go to request your scores be sent to schools): https://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-exam/gma ... cores.aspx
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaMissionKate wrote:
No, unfortunately it's not instantaneous. It can take up to 20 days. See this link (which is also where you can go to request your scores be sent to schools): https://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-exam/gma ... cores.aspx

So does the school need our official score before the application deadline? Or will an unofficial score be ok?
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Most will accept an unofficial score as long as the official one is on its way...but please double check with each school because each one has their own policies. They should explain it on the admissions page of their website, or within the online application itself.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ok so when i take the GMAT, i put down the 5 schools I want more score sent to, and then once I am done unless I cancel, my score is submitted to those 5 schools even if I have not submitted an application to them yet?

I don't want to officially submit an application to the schools until I know what my score is.

So the schools will see my score before I submit my application? Is that right?

And what happens if I retake the GMAT? They will get another separate score report?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there -

Let me preface this by saying you should double check all of this with your GMAT testing center...but my understanding is that yes, if you put five schools down, your scores will be sent to those five schools. Now they may not actually "review" them and it doesn't mean you're officially submitting an application to those schools, you still need to follow all the steps to complete the application via the school's website. I believe if you retake then you are able to revise the list of schools your scores are sent to, or you can choose the same five. It's also always possible to not send your scores to any schools when you take the test, and then send your schools later once you decide where you're applying.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hey,

I am in the final semester of my three-year undergraduate degree in Commerce. I am preparing for GMAT and aiming for a 700+ score. I don't have any work experience yet. Am I eligible for MBA in Canada/USA?

Really looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards
GM
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi GaryMoore1,
You should be eligible - most US/Canada schools accept a three-year undergrad degree and don't have a minimum work experience requirement. However, you will see that by looking at class profiles for target schools, the average amount of work experience is typically around 5 years and schools have a strong preference that you at least have some full-time, post-undergrad work experience. I would definitely move forward with taking your GMAT, because that will be good for 5 years and would be nice to have it out of the way. But I think you'd be a stronger candidate with some work experience. You could also look into deferred programs where you apply now, work for a few years, and then go to school -- more schools have these now but they are pretty selective. You can read more about these programs here: https://shop.mbamission.com/products/th ... ions-guide
Hope that helps,
Kate

GaryMoore1 wrote:
Hey,

I am in the final semester of my three-year undergraduate degree in Commerce. I am preparing for GMAT and aiming for a 700+ score. I don't have any work experience yet. Am I eligible for MBA in Canada/USA?

Really looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards
GM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hey,

Thank you for clarifying this thing and for sending me a possible way to get my MBA. I would rather like to continue my studies right away. So Master's (MS) can be a good option? Do Masters require work experience as well or GMAT or both? Is Masters and MBA equivalent in Canada/USA?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards
GM
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes, a Master's in Management (which is more common at European programs) is a good option for those without full-time work experience. Also specialized Master's like a Master's in Finance, Supply Chain Management, Data Analytics, etc. -- depending on your interests. Doing one of those programs also wouldn't prohibit you from applying to an MBA years down the road.

Good luck,
Kate

GaryMoore1 wrote:
Hey,

Thank you for clarifying this thing and for sending me a possible way to get my MBA. I would rather like to continue my studies right away. So Master's (MS) can be a good option? Do Masters require work experience as well or GMAT or both? Is Masters and MBA equivalent in Canada/USA?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards
GM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello,
I had recently taken my GMAT and even though the scores weren't up to my expectation, I still accepted my scores. But few of the schools I am applying to do have the option of submitting the application without a GMAT score as well.
While I submit the application, will the schools still be able to view my scores if I had opted on submitting my application without a score?
Should I go ahead and cancel my scores or is that not necessary?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there,
Hopefully I understand your question but it can't hurt to double check this with GMAC. I believe that even if you accepted your scores, the schools will not be able to view them if you did not officially release or send your scores to those schools via GMAC. I don't think it should be necessary to cancel your scores.
Thanks!
Kate

gouri98 wrote:
Hello,
I had recently taken my GMAT and even though the scores weren't up to my expectation, I still accepted my scores. But few of the schools I am applying to do have the option of submitting the application without a GMAT score as well.
While I submit the application, will the schools still be able to view my scores if I had opted on submitting my application without a score?
Should I go ahead and cancel my scores or is that not necessary?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Kate,
I haven't scored to well on the GMAT, and I'm looking to do a Master's in Finance in the UK. I have a good GPA of 4.0. Would you suggest I not include my score in my application if it isn't mandatory. Or should I include regardless.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there,
If it's not mandatory, then a low test score may hurt you more than help you. Especially with such an excellent GPA. Do you know the average GMAT score for the programs you're targeting? If your score is well below, then I wouldn't include it, but if it's pretty close to the average then I would include it but still write an explanation about it.
Hope that helps!
Kate

Pri32 wrote:
Hi Kate,
I haven't scored to well on the GMAT, and I'm looking to do a Master's in Finance in the UK. I have a good GPA of 4.0. Would you suggest I not include my score in my application if it isn't mandatory. Or should I include regardless.
Moderator:
1452 posts