Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.82
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Test in less than a month [#permalink]
Are you suggesting the GMAT club quant tests? My problem seems to be quant. In the MGMAT quant, I've consistently scored 48, but haven't been able to breach it.
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
bschool2014 -- I am at Q45, less than what you have, and I am about to start with the new Manhattan Advanced Quant.

They released it at the end of May, not sure if that will help.

In any case, I was wondering, in the quant section of the OG, what is your accuracy % in problem solving and data sufficiency? What % did you get right?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:
bschool2014 -- I am at Q45, less than what you have, and I am about to start with the new Manhattan Advanced Quant.

In any case, I was wondering, in the quant section of the OG, what is your accuracy % in problem solving and data sufficiency? What % did you get right?

My accuracy in the quant section of the OG was pretty high. If I remember correct, it was more than 90%. But then OG 12 problems seem a lot easier than the quant section in the MGMAT CAT. I spent the later part of last week and the beginning of this week going through the material in the MGMAT quant books. I skipped through some of it initially and used that time to focus on verbal - SC mostly - instead. I'm going to take a test today to see where I stand.

The problem with the MGMAT quant is I feel so beaten down after that I don't feel motivated to complete the verbal section :( My V39 score from the previous test is a result of the quant section. Looking at the test results later, I found that I had made silly errors in CR and SC :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT club quant is pretty tough, give it a whirl
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I've under 3 weeks to go. Should I try the GMAT Club tests at this point? I took another MGMAT CAT today and scored Q48. My greater concern is I run of time and feel very rushed at the end.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
bschool2014 wrote:
I've under 3 weeks to go. Should I try the GMAT Club tests at this point? I took another MGMAT CAT today and scored Q48. My greater concern is I run of time and feel very rushed at the end.

I have yet to take the GMAT.

I think you should spend the last few weeks focusing only on Standard Questions. Take the rest of the remaining mock tests. Retake GMATprep 2-3 times till you have sucked out every single question. Then use the GMATPrep Documents floating on the forum. Make sure you work through every single question in those documents, looking at the explanations on MGMAT forums. That itself will take a lot of time!

P.S. I hope you are taking the mocks with AWA section.
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
bschool2014 wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:

My accuracy in the quant section of the OG was pretty high. If I remember correct, it was more than 90%. But then OG 12 problems seem a lot easier than the quant section in the MGMAT CAT. I spent the later part of last week and the beginning of this week going through the material in the MGMAT quant books. I skipped through some of it initially and used that time to focus on verbal - SC mostly - instead. I'm going to take a test today to see where I stand.

The problem with the MGMAT quant is I feel so beaten down after that I don't feel motivated to complete the verbal section :( My V39 score from the previous test is a result of the quant section. Looking at the test results later, I found that I had made silly errors in CR and SC :(

Wow. I am getting 85% in the OG, and I haven't even finished the last 60 questions! If I want a Q48 it will be very tough, I need to get more than 90%, like you. But I am probably going to do the GMAT Manhattan Advanced first before I go ahead with the last 50 or so questions in the OG.

What about your accuracy in OG 12 Verbal? Man, V45 is sick. I am in the 80% too.

I am very interested in your situation. Update us ok! I have a very good feeling you'll get 750 and above. MGMAT math is a lot harder than the real thing. Good practice for us.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@akhilesh - Thanks! I think I'll stick to officially questions till the test. Can you point me to the GMATPrep doc you mentioned?

@gablaze - My accuracy in the OG verbal was very dependent on the section. In SC, for example, I never crossed 85%; on some days it was as low as 60%. My RC accuracy in OG 12 was quite high. If I remember correct, I got around 5 questions wrong in OG12 RC. CR has been a mixed bag. I would rate it around 90-92%. I'll post an update after my exam. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 750+ :) btw, when is your exam?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
bschool2014 -
Good luck on your exam. I just want to caution you that you seem to be looking for more source of questions to practice and practice. Yes that can be helpful. But throughout the forum you'll see some students who felt they did well on practice tests such as the MGMAT tests, but then they actually score lower on the real exam.

I would encourage you start thinking about improving "thinking process" rather than "practice makes perfect." GMATPill focuses on thinking process communicated thru video - and if you ever feel you are reaching a "ceiling" in terms of progress, I encourage you to check it out.

If you are aiming for 750+, you can't be scoring 90%ile. You'll need to reach close to 95-100% accuracy.
GMAT Club Bot