Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q42  V49
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance and Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton,Chicago, LBS,Stern,Stanford,Harvard,Columbia
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2009 thread [#permalink]
hey bsd_lover

Is there anything I should be doing to improve my candidacy ! Am on the waitlist for wharton as well and I know that they are strict abt not receiving any additional material from the applicant. But is it the same with LBS.

Had a word with my interviewer who said he was shocked why I am on the waitlist ? Should I ask him to re write to the ad come or something. I even know and have worked with couple of noted alums of the school. Should I ask them to write a letter of reference to LBS ?

Please let me know how you handled the waitlist last time and were u WLed in Round 1 or Round 2.

This wait is agonizing....:(
SVP
SVP
Send PM
vmh - if you can get a letter of reference (an in-depth one) from an alum, get it done NOW !! LBS really values input from the LBS family. Last year, I was put on waitlist in R1. My interviewer was surprised when I got put on waitlist. He put in an extra word for me, but it didnt really help. They dinged me after a year long wait in June/July, but gave me an early admit this year.

Here is my debrief if you're interested : post516870.html#p516870

vmh wrote:
hey bsd_lover

Is there anything I should be doing to improve my candidacy ! Am on the waitlist for wharton as well and I know that they are strict abt not receiving any additional material from the applicant. But is it the same with LBS.

Had a word with my interviewer who said he was shocked why I am on the waitlist ? Should I ask him to re write to the ad come or something. I even know and have worked with couple of noted alums of the school. Should I ask them to write a letter of reference to LBS ?

Please let me know how you handled the waitlist last time and were u WLed in Round 1 or Round 2.

This wait is agonizing....:(
Current Student
Send PM
Finally got around to looking at Portal and updating my information. :) Pretty sweet website!

Any other R1ers receive an introduction from a (current) student ambassador? I got an email this week from my contact...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, VC
Schools:Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
 Q47  V45
Send PM
In as well for R2
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Yup I got an ambassador / mentor.

Welcome aboard Paradosso.

prashok wrote:
Finally got around to looking at Portal and updating my information. :) Pretty sweet website!

Any other R1ers receive an introduction from a (current) student ambassador? I got an email this week from my contact...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Yup Submitted for R2.

*Gulp*.....

Good luck to all others.

- sumidi
Current Student
Send PM
For anyone that's interested, I posted my debrief for LBS and other schools in the member profiles section:

111-t74691
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I submitted a Round 2 application a few days ago. One of my recommenders sent his letter about two days after the deadline so I hope I'm considered part of Round 2. Have to wait and watch. Good luck to everyone.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
Just popping in to say hello as a current MBA student (2010 graduation, 2008 app season). I followed this board a lot during my application last year and thought I'd stop by to see how it's doing.

Feel free to get in touch with me if you're visiting campus. The school has official student ambassadors, but as you can understand, they're coached to communicate everything with a marketing spin.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
fairplay - how brutal has recruiting been for full-time and internships on campus this year?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
Recruiting for summer interns has just begun this month so it's still too early to tell how things will play out.

I can report that students are worried though. I myself skipped all the first week's presentations, but someone who did attend said there was a lot of "FOMO" going around... Fear of Missing Out. Then again, I've also spoked to several people who extended their winter holidays by a week just like I did, instead of coming back for recruiting presentations. That to me indicates that it's not as brutal as you'd think.

Frankly, I think it's just our nature to over-worry. The school is well connected internationally and I'm confident that most of us will get great placements--maybe a lesser proportion this year in the UK itself, but there are jobs to be had in other corners of the world.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Send PM
submitted round 2 :)

all the best to all other applicants!!!!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hi all - some updates to LBS financing options page. Much more informative now IMHO : https://www.london.edu/mba/feesandfinancing/funding.html
Current Student
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Hi all - some updates to LBS financing options page. Much more informative now IMHO : https://www.london.edu/mba/feesandfinancing/funding.html

Yeah, just noticed that myself. BTW, for US students, we now have our own website for direct loan applications (private or Stafford).

Speaking of funding, has anyone seen the additional scholarship instructions released yet? I thought they were supposed to be included with our offers...
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Apparently all scholarships for R1 and deferred admits have already been handed out (according to one of the LBS staff). Sad but true :(

prashok wrote:
bsd_lover wrote:

Yeah, just noticed that myself. BTW, for US students, we now have our own website for direct loan applications (private or Stafford).

Speaking of funding, has anyone seen the additional scholarship instructions released yet? I thought they were supposed to be included with our offers...
Current Student
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Apparently all scholarships for R1 and deferred admits have already been handed out (according to one of the LBS staff). Sad but true :(

How about the other ones that are due in June, though? The website mentions that instructions on how to apply for those will be sent with offer details...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Send PM
bsd_lover , can you update my status to Submitted in R2 pls ?

Although i have a low gmat score, i have put my application fwd for R2, lets see how it goes. Many have told me , its not all about GMAT score, there are several factors and it depends on best fit. So with 8 yrs of work exp and hopefully good recommendations, i hope my application is taken seriously.

Btw , if you have a low score but a 6.0 in essays, does it make it any better ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts