Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

USC Marshall with $$$ Vs. UM Ross without Scholarship

13% [3]
86% [20]
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Re: USC Marshall with $$$ Vs. Mich Ross without scholarship [#permalink]
slugabedd wrote:
Thanks for all the inputs guys. Has been really helpful. So now the questions remain:

1. How to get in touch with current USC/Ross students in order to get more insight on my predicament?
2. If I do get into Ross, do you think it might help if I try and negotiate with Ross Adcom using the Marshall admit and schol as leverage. If so, any suggestions on the best way to approach the dreaded conversation?

1. id send emails to anyone you can on the club websites. and ask whoever you speak with if they know someone else that might be useful for you to speak with. id also ask the schools if they have a "welcome" cluib or something to that effect each school calls it something different.

2. id just send an email or go in person if you're in the area. id say something like "Thank you again for the admissions offer. I wanted to update admissions on my accomplishments since admission and request a reevaluation for a merit scholarship. Since applying, I've blah blah blah professionally blah blah blah at the community level. Additionally, I've been awarded a merit scholarship for 50% tuition at USC's Marshall School of Business. I've continued demonstrating? my interest in Ross by connecting with the president of blah blah blah club and speaking with professor blah blah blah. I hope to join the class of 2015 and hope I can be reconisederd for a merit scholarship. "
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
old1442 wrote:
slugabedd wrote:
Thanks for all the inputs guys. Has been really helpful. So now the questions remain:

1. How to get in touch with current USC/Ross students in order to get more insight on my predicament?
2. If I do get into Ross, do you think it might help if I try and negotiate with Ross Adcom using the Marshall admit and schol as leverage. If so, any suggestions on the best way to approach the dreaded conversation?

1. id send emails to anyone you can on the club websites. and ask whoever you speak with if they know someone else that might be useful for you to speak with. id also ask the schools if they have a "welcome" cluib or something to that effect each school calls it something different.

2. id just send an email or go in person if you're in the area. id say something like "Thank you again for the admissions offer. I wanted to update admissions on my accomplishments since admission and request a reevaluation for a merit scholarship. Since applying, I've blah blah blah professionally blah blah blah at the community level. Additionally, I've been awarded a merit scholarship for 50% tuition at USC's Marshall School of Business. I've continued demonstrating? my interest in Ross by connecting with the president of blah blah blah club and speaking with professor blah blah blah. I hope to join the class of 2015 and hope I can be reconisederd for a merit scholarship. "

Thanks. Appreciate your inputs. Luckily enough I am on Ross waitlist. Hoping to make it. Any advice?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts