Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:08 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.82
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Worried about Quant timing [#permalink]
Thanks guys for the encouragement!

How long does each GMATClub Quant test take? Something I'll consider in the next couple of days. I plan to do only GMATPrep problems in the last week before the test.
Do you recommend taking the Princeton CAT? Is it accurate? I plan to take 2 more MGMAT CATs and 1 GMATPrep over the next 13 days.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I took the first GMATPrep test a while ago. So I don't remember how long the quant took, but I don't recollect having an issue with timing in either sections. I'll take the second test to see how I do on the timing.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
bschool2014 wrote:
Thanks guys for the encouragement!

How long does each GMATClub Quant test take? Something I'll consider in the next couple of days. I plan to do only GMATPrep problems in the last week before the test.
Do you recommend taking the Princeton CAT? Is it accurate? I plan to take 2 more MGMAT CATs and 1 GMATPrep over the next 13 days.

If you have over a month left for your test date, then I think you can take the tests. Gmatclub tests have to be used carefully.

If you have fewer than 15 days left, then forget everything else and jump to GMAT Prep and GMATPrep docs. They will take a lot of time anyway. There's about 200 questions from every section!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
akhileshgupta05 wrote:
bschool2014 wrote:
I took another MGMAT CAT yesterday and started running out of time mid way. I got a string of 700-800 level questions early on and I got them correct. I was in the 99th percentile when my timing started to fall behind. Towards the end, I was running 8-9 minutes behind and had only 13 minutes for the last 11 questions. At this point I panicked and made a number of careless errors. I went through the errors today, of course without the timer, and was able to workout most of the questions I got wrong. Except for 2-3 questions, I didn't have a problem with the concept. I ended up with a 730 (Q 45, V45) last night. I'm starting to worry about the timing on the quant section. What can I do to improve the timing? I've less than 2 weeks to go.

If you're worried about timing based on MGMAT Quant, then don't. MGMAT Quant questions are genuinely lengthy and cumbersome. They are supposed to push you off-track. The solutions that I see themselves are very long. You have to consider a hell lot of possibilites while solving, especially the inequalities. I always take MGMAT Quant untimed and I haven't yet had a problem with timing. I finished about 15 gmatclub tests all in 1 hour with 80-85% accuracy. I finish Kaplan with 8-10 mins to spare and Princeton with 15 mins to spare. I also had finished GMATPrep 1 with 10 mins to spare. So don't fuss. Remember every single GMAT Quant question can be solved under 2 minutes. And if it can't be, then guess it and move on. You're doing really well keep it up.

Hope that helps.

Akhilesh ,
I am too having the same problem of quant timing ...you are saying to take the quant section without timing..But do u think it will really help..Do you think that the real Gmat questions are same as that of MGMAT/ the MGMAT is tougher...Because as u said I too finish the kaplan and the princeton 10 mins b4 but I am facing timing problems with MGMAT quant and verbal too...whats ur say on this...what shall i do when i solve mgmat tests?
GMAT Club Bot