Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1368 [2]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
16 days waiting time between exams? [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi fast7,

While the 16-day 'waiting period' might seem restrictive, it does serve several purposes (and as an aside, not too long ago the wait was 31 days, so you have it better than you realize). First, GMAC needs time to create (and properly 'test out') Official questions. That 16-day wait is enough time for GMAC to make sure that you don't see any of the same questions again, which protects the overall validity of everyone's Official Score results. Second, since you can take the GMAT up to 5 times in one 12-month period, the 16-day wait keeps someone from taking the GMAT 5 times in 5 days and potentially 'locking themselves out' from applying to Business School for a whole year (because their scores were too low and they wouldn't be able to retest until the next application year).

Regardless of your score results on September 10th, the GMAT remains the same consistent, predictable Exam that it's always been. So if you choose to retest, you CAN put in some extra study and train to score at a higher level.

1) Are you facing any upcoming application deadlines?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Im just afraid that i dont have a "bad day".

Also:
1) I dont have deadlines, i would like to apply as soon as possible to have all sorted out with my future and my college
2) Im planning to apply to HEC, LSE, Rotterdam, so i need at least a score of 700

Originally posted by fast7 on 05 Sep 2016, 12:27.
Last edited by fast7 on 06 Sep 2016, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Send PM
Re: 16 days waiting time between exams? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi fast7,

While it's understandable that you would want every aspect of the application process taken care of sooner rather than later, you have to remember the competitive nature of the application process at each School. By definition, Business Schools will likely reject more applicants than they accept (at the high levels, it's as much as 15 to 1 against), so you have to balance the 'speed' with which you put together your application(s) with the 'strength" of the OVERALL application that you're sending in. If your applications look 'weak' or 'sloppy', then the Business School Admissions Committees will know. This is all meant to say that you need to be diligent about this whole process and you have to remember your real goal: to get into your first choice Business School. That does NOT mean that you have to apply 'as soon as possible.'

Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Send PM
Does anyone know if it's the same policy with online GMAT exam to wait for 16 days?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi sausumit,

Yes - you have to wait 16 days between attempts at the At-home GMAT. It's worth noting that each Test-taker is currently allowed JUST 2 attempts at the At-home GMAT, so you should NOT rush in to take (or retake) that version of the GMAT unless you are scoring at (or near) your Goal Score. In addition, the At-home GMAT attempts count towards the 5 Test 'limit' in a rolling 12-month period AND against your 8 Test lifetime limit.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) Have you taken the Official GMAT? If you have, then how did you score?
2) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
3) What study materials have you used so far?
4) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
5) What is your overall goal score?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22055 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
16 days waiting time between exams? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
sausumit wrote:
Does anyone know if it's the same policy with online GMAT exam to wait for 16 days?

Hi Sausumit,

The policy is the same for the online GMAT. If you’d like some more information regarding the online GMAT, feel free to check out this article:

Your Guide to the GMAT Online
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 58
Send PM
It seems like there is no system restriction from selecting a date within the 16 days. So just curious to know if GMAC cancels appointments if they are booked for a date within 16 days of the previous attempt?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
The system will usually not allow you. However in the event that it does not, and the proctor or test center yet so not catch it (unlikely) or some other issue allows you to take the test, you will see the same questions and your score will not be accurate. Your attempt will be canceled and you will have to wait for 16 days to retake.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good morning I was wondering, is the restriction valid also if you plan to take a GMAT and a GMAT ONLINE exam within 16 days? I mean, I got it is valid for two GMAT online of for two physical GMAT but is it also valid for one online and one physical?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi AleMene,

The 16-day waiting period is the number of calendar days between appointments taken in one 'format' (re: two appointments at Test Centers or two appointments in the At-home format). Scheduling a GMAT at a Test Facility and scheduling an At-home appointment have NO impact on one another though; you could technically take one of each on the same day - although I would NOT recommend that you do that. If you score significantly lower on an Exam (in either format), then you might not want to 'rush in' too quickly to retake the GMAT (as there will likely be several aspects to Test Day that you will have to specifically train for before you will be able to score higher (and that training takes time).

1) Are you planning to take the GMAT sometime soon (and if so, then when and in which format?)?
2) What is your Goal Score?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM