Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: 470 to 600 in 2 months? [#permalink]
miarap wrote:
Thank you very much for your advice!
I just downloaded the GMAT prep Free software (I couldn't even practice those questions during my first attempt 4 months ago!)
I also just bought the official guide 13th edition (should be home in 8-16 days) enough time to start studying the basics (which I sincerely believe I lack), any clue over where to learn the very basics in no more than 2 weeks? then I can start following Ron every other thurs.

I will continue to update with my progress,

Thanks!

check out the following links. I believe these should be sufficient for brushing ur basics. Both are free resources:

gmat-math-book-87417.html

gmat-grammar-book-96532.html

Also I would like to let you know that apart from following Ron every thursday , you can also go through the recorded videos of all previous sundays. They are available on the link sent u earlier...you only need to sign up(for free) on that site.

hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2096 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hi

I can sympathize with you position, primarily cause I work in a Big 4 too

Ok for starter join a gmat class. U need the kick in the rear to get you off work at least twice a week & study. This is a mistake I did in my initial study plan as well. Work caught up & studying went in the bin. Breaking you leg might just be the silver lining you need to take the GMAT by its horns n bury it once & for all

2. Download the GMAT club flash cards & verbal notes. I have attached a SC guide in this reply. Its super helpful specially if your basics weak. Manhattan Books are also good & they throw in 6 tests as well. Invest in it PERIOD

3. At least once a week make it a point to give a Mock Test.

4. Review mistakes made by you & others. This forum is the best resource for this. I also mark questions that go beyond my understanding & then the wizards who haunt the alleys of GMAT Club come up with ingenious solutions that make you want to scream & beat yourself for not looking at it in the first place

5. Practice AWA. I know no one does but on D day u be less stressed if you know your way around it

Best of Luck !!!!
Attachments

Spidey-SC-Sentence-Correction-Notes.pdf [311.15 KiB]
Downloaded 134 times

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Welcome to GMAT club!

It is definitely possible! Especially with all the time you will be able to dedicate. I personally went from 570 to 710 in 9 weeks of studying, so I'm sure you can get to 600. I would recommend updating your study material, and starting here: gmat-study-plan-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html?fl=menu for a study plan. Good luck to you! And let us know how we can help with your studies.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you very much for your answers!! I will follow your advice, its hard to go back to "studying mentality" but have nothing else to do for the time being!

I will continue to inform you guys of my progress, thank you very much for your help!!
GMAT Club Bot