Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V26
GMAT 2: 590 Q49 V21
GPA: 2.8
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V26
GMAT 2: 590 Q49 V21
GPA: 2.8
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: 670(Q48;V34;IR3) - ESR Attached - Re-Take Strategy and Suggestions? [#permalink]
Then I would suggest you concentrate on the interviews and analyse the ESR. Don't schedule the exam now as you can do it one day before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: 670(Q48;V34;IR3) - ESR Attached - Re-Take Strategy and Suggestions? [#permalink]
Sorry to hear what happened. Mind sharing your ESR?

Perhaps taking the test while under mental stress and nervousness was not a good idea, but it sounds like you were forced to take the exam at that date due to the timing of your application. If you are considering re-taking the test, I recommend that you read this piece of advice by EMPOWERgmatRichC:

empowergmat-blog-198415-100.html#p1725631
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
HiLine wrote:
Sorry to hear what happened. Mind sharing your ESR?

Perhaps taking the test while under mental stress and nervousness was not a good idea, but it sounds like you were forced to take the exam at that date due to the timing of your application. If you are considering re-taking the test, I recommend that you read this piece of advice by EMPOWERgmatRichC:

empowergmat-blog-198415-100.html#p1725631

Attaching my ESR that i just got access to. I thought i messed with SC but it appears that I actually messed with RC.

SC Scaled Score is 38
CR Scaled Score is 35
RC Scaled score is around 28
Attachments

ESR5.jpg
ESR5.jpg [ 249.73 KiB | Viewed 2154 times ]

ESR4.jpg
ESR4.jpg [ 412.11 KiB | Viewed 2162 times ]

ESR3.jpg
ESR3.jpg [ 416.51 KiB | Viewed 2144 times ]

ESR2.jpg
ESR2.jpg [ 448.63 KiB | Viewed 2157 times ]

ESR1.jpg
ESR1.jpg [ 480.61 KiB | Viewed 2157 times ]

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
No experts or friends to guide? Please do!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
670(Q48;V34;IR3) - ESR Attached - Re-Take Strategy and Suggestions? [#permalink]
It is really hard to give you advice in this situation, because no one really knows what the main cause of your disappointing performance is. If it was the panic induced by the testing center error, the simple solution is to take the exam again without much additional preparation. If, on the other hand, you really were not at the level you wanted to be at, you'll need to put in some extra work. I hope someone else will be able to give you more advice; without being to pinpoint your trouble area, I cannot be of further help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 127
Send PM
Senthil7 wrote:
Hi All,

My complete GMAT Prep journey can be found in the following thread:
suggestions-40-days-to-gmat-222933.html
My GMAT was scheduled today at 3 PM at Chennai, India Pearson Test Center. At 10AM I called them up to check if the the site is functioning correctly and if the schedule at 3 PM would go as planned which is when a lady enquired about my full name and how it appears on passport. In Indian passports(which is the only accepted ID proof in Indian GMAT centers), father's name is mentioned under " Surname" field and the person's full name appears under " Given Name". Due to the absence of Father's name as Surname in GMAT account she said it is not possible for me take up the exam and that I must call up the GMAC customer care in India. After lots of calls, emails and panic when as a last try i called them up at 13.45 in the afternoon one of them informed me that the name change has been effected further to my email and that I can take up the exam at 03:00 PM as planned. I rushed to the test center and got there on time.
I got a decent yet dismal 670 [82percentile] (Q48;V34;IR3). It was during IR i realized how much of disorientation that this Panic had caused and the results of IR prove my suspicion right!
The Quant section went as usual with some questions towards the end being very tough that I had to guess on them due to time constraint. By the time I started Verbal section I was not too tired but mid way I literally felt indifferent or probably tired (not sure how I felt!). For the first time ever since my first practice CAT days , i fell short of time in the verbal section that i rushed through the last 8-9 questions. When I completed i was upset with the score I secured as my target score was 720 not more or less.
I have been preparing since last week of April this year and it has been a long and tedious journey considering my full-time 11 hours / day job. I am not sure if any admission consultant would consider this score sufficient to handle for a 10-years experienced management person but I could have picked up 4 points on Verbal had i not been tired or disoriented in my opinion.
If at all a retake is necessary I would have to book an appointment sometime in October so that i can rest for few days now and resume with verbal focused practice with Quant by the side. I am somewhat confused and any suggestions from experts may be of great help or if someone who has taken up the exam and faced a similar situation can help. :| :|
Things I noted on the real GMAT that I did not while preparing:
1. There were lots of co-ordinate geometry questions on the exam than usual.
2. The geometry section was extremely tough in my view than the genre of questions I have handled before from MGMAT or GMATClub Tests.
3. The Screen Resolution at the test center was completely different from our usual screen resolution in that the text appeared bigger than usual!
4. I saw no bold faced CRs today and I had a feeling that I got more SCs today on my exam than CR.
5. RC was similar to the OG RCs.
6. AWA prompt was bigger than what we see on GMATPrep mock tests.
If the Admission Consultants, after considering my existing profile and experience deem me unfit for 1 year MBAs then I am planning to schedule a re-take and focus a lot more on niche topics in Quant and completely immerse myself into Verbal with special focus on strategy to perform under less than ideal conditions probably a private tutor.

Thanks for writing a detailed debrief and sorry to know about the goof up at the center. I remember you were getting pretty high scores in the mocks.

1.Do you mind telling something more on the structure/verbiage of the questions(for both quant and verbal) as seen in official questions of OG and GMAT prep vs. the real test?

2.Can you let me know if the quarterly accuracy mentioned in the summary section of the ESR is a combined one for both quant and verbal?

3.Can you tell if there were certain topics in quant which formed a major portion of the section apart from Coordinate as you mentioned?

4.How many days had you allocated for revision before the exam and what all formed a part of your revision (concepts, error log etc.)?

Thanks in advance!
GMAT Club Bot