Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: social enterprise
Schools:University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Booth Class of 2012
Send PM
Re: ADMITTED ROSS CLASS 2012 [#permalink]
Anyone knows whats the dress code for the meetups? I am planning on attending the Chicago one this Thursday.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Bluepic wrote:
Hey guys - What time are most people planning to arrive on April 8th for GBR? I'm planning to book my flight. Thanks!!

I arrive at 2am :(

anyone know the hotel situation. Any ideas?
Current Student
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Bluepic wrote:
Hey guys - What time are most people planning to arrive on April 8th for GBR? I'm planning to book my flight. Thanks!!

I'm working a full day Thursday and then driving up. So I'll miss the festivities.

jbourne wrote:
Anyone knows whats the dress code for the meetups? I am planning on attending the Chicago one this Thursday.

I was wondering that too. I guess business casual would be safe... it's hosted by alumni. See you Thursday!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
One of my recommenders (not for Ross) just came to my office to congratulate me. Turns out that he also went to U of M for grad school. Who knew!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Got my financial aid award today-they processed it as soon as I showed proof of citizenship. I found it in Wolverine Access.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [1]
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Kudos
milias wrote:
One of my recommenders (not for Ross) just came to my office to congratulate me. Turns out that he also went to U of M for grad school. Who knew!

My boss went to the law school. When I told her, she yelled "Go Blue!" and gave me this really awkward straight-armed double shoulder pat that I think was meant to be a hug.

My financial award isn't up yet. I got an estimate when I asked, though. Maxed out in all loan categories, wohoo!
Current Student
 Q44  V47
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
Bluepic wrote:

I found rooms on hotels.com for $50/night. I picked the Days Inn. Pretty exciting. Probably not the most popular or the closest, but I'm driving. Also here: https://www.bus.umich.edu/gbr/faq/index.html is a where-to-stay section.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
conmisdosmanos wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
Bluepic wrote:

I found rooms on hotels.com for $50/night. I picked the Days Inn. Pretty exciting. Probably not the most popular or the closest, but I'm driving. Also here: https://www.bus.umich.edu/gbr/faq/index.html is a where-to-stay section.

I did priceline name your own price and got 51/night. Although I think I could have gotten it a little cheap.. maybe 49. but thta's not ocunting tax.
Current Student
Send PM
It looks like I most likely will not make it to GBR. I just got an interview invite from Tepper. One of the main reasons why I was planning to go to GBR was to do some apartment hunting. Now I may have to defer the apartment-hunting till after I get a decision from Tepper, which will be in mid-May. That said, I'm definitely still going to put down the deposit for Ross. Have fun w/o me, guys and gals!

How much harder do you think it would be if I started hunting for apartments in early June?
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
milias wrote:
It looks like I most likely will not make it to GBR. I just got an interview invite from Tepper. One of the main reasons why I was planning to go to GBR was to do some apartment hunting. Now I may have to defer the apartment-hunting till after I get a decision from Tepper, which will be in mid-May. That said, I'm definitely still going to put down the deposit for Ross. Have fun w/o me, guys and gals!

How much harder do you think it would be if I started hunting for apartments in early June?

I won't be hard at all, I think from the forums there are quite a few ways to find apps. And it seems like the old class can help the new class pretty easily. GBR for me is just to get me excited about ross and to get some paperwork and stuff done. Although I do find it interesting that you're gonna ditch us for tepper!
Current Student
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
milias wrote:

I won't be hard at all, I think from the forums there are quite a few ways to find apps. And it seems like the old class can help the new class pretty easily. GBR for me is just to get me excited about ross and to get some paperwork and stuff done. Although I do find it interesting that you're gonna ditch us for tepper!

I'm still trying to decide which trip to take. For GBR, do you know if Ross will put people up in a hotel, or do students have to find their own lodging?
Current Student
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
The website for GBR can be accessed here:

https://www.bus.umich.edu/gbr/index.html

Under FAQ it gives you a long list of hotel suggestions, including prices.

You can also sign into the myImpact portal get fairly detailed information. You need to use the account you set up as part of Wolverine Access unless you've already paid up (in which case you need to create a michigan ID). The myImpact portal is accessible here:

https://www.bus.umich.edu/Admissions/Mba/WhyRoss.htm

The GBR page is accessible through simple googling but you'll probably have to sign in with your name/password to register.
Current Student
Send PM
OK, I think I'm going to the GBR after all. I'm going to decline my interview invite from Tepper. It would be a perfect opportunity to check out the student clubs and housing. Too important to pass up.

Now the registration system won't let me sign up for GBR unless I tell them "something unique and interesting" about myself. I could copy-and-paste from my application, but you know. Sigh.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
That unique and interesting thing has stalled me from registering for over 6 weeks! I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to say.
Current Student
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Ha, I decided I couldn't possibly write another personal statement and just banged out whatever blabber was in my head. I sincerely hope it doesn't become a part of some icebreaker or something awful like that.

On the good side, they partnered me with a student host from the exact career path I'm interested in, and I'm super excited about it.
Current Student
 Q44  V47
Send PM
milias wrote:
OK, I think I'm going to the GBR after all. I'm going to decline my interview invite from Tepper. It would be a perfect opportunity to check out the student clubs and housing. Too important to pass up.

Now the registration system won't let me sign up for GBR unless I tell them "something unique and interesting" about myself. I could copy-and-paste from my application, but you know. Sigh.

What if Tepper gave you money? Are you just totally set on Ross?
Current Student
Send PM
conmisdosmanos wrote:
Ha, I decided I couldn't possibly write another personal statement and just banged out whatever blabber was in my head.

I was half-tempted to write that I've gotten into only 10 accidents since moving to the East Coast - none of which were my fault obviously - up from only 2 in the Midwest. That and I moved 5 times in the last 5 years. Then I decided against it.

conmisdosmanos wrote:
I sincerely hope it doesn't become a part of some icebreaker or something awful like that.

Word!

conmisdosmanos wrote:
What if Tepper gave you money? Are you just totally set on Ross?

I thought it through last night. Even if Tepper gave me money, I'd still go to Ross. I think there's too much of a disparity in career opportunities for the things I want to do between the two schools to be overcome by scholarship money. I sent them an email this morning to decline the interview.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts