Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 10:53 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Re: ADMITTED ROSS CLASS 2012 [#permalink]
conmisdosmanos wrote:

OMG that totally happened to me last year! Isn't not having cancer the BEST?!

Seriously. I feel like I won the lottery.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: social enterprise
Schools:University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
 Q44  V47
Send PM
GoBruins, we missed each other. All in good time... Did you end up finding housing as well? I think I'll go back up in May to do some serious searching.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
conmisdosmanos wrote:
GoBruins, we missed each other. All in good time... Did you end up finding housing as well? I think I'll go back up in May to do some serious searching.

I'm definitely leaning toward woodbury gardens, I have been from the start. The housing close to the school just seems way to run down. I wished there was a easy way to look at all of them at once.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:Ross R2
GPA: 3.0
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Private Equity
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
conmisdosmanos wrote:

I'm definitely leaning toward woodbury gardens, I have been from the start. The housing close to the school just seems way to run down. I wished there was a easy way to look at all of them at once.

I agree most of the inventory close to the school looks run down, but it may be worth it to check out a few places if you can get enough information prior to visiting. I found a place over the weekend on Brown Street that doesn't look so hot from the outside, but is a "find" from the inside.
Current Student
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Ross (R2), Fuqua (R2), Sloan (R2), LBS (R2)
Send PM
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
anu1979 wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
conmisdosmanos wrote:

I ended up on "Old West Side" with Varsity Management. There's a bus stop outside my house that brings me within a mile of Ross, and then I can walk the rest of the way or take another bus after .25 miles of walking that brings me within a couple of blocks.

Basically I was just wandering around late on Saturday and they were about to leave and pitched me this apartment. Aside from the fact that it's in a really pretty neighborhood, they sold me by giving me the heat/water/gas/trash included in the rent, no pet deposit, no monthly pet fee, summer storage and they're furnishing the place. It's smaller than Woodbury (600 sq. feet) but the fact that they're furnishing it (except for the mattress, which I refuse to sleep on) is huge. Plus, after you add up all of Woodbury's surplus charges and think about the fact that they admitted it costs a $150 a month to heat in the winter, they're really not all that cheap. I ran the numbers and even if I eat the whole cost of the rent in the summer in this place, the price is about comparable. The landlords said they're usually able to get people to sublet over the summer (we'll see).

My father pointed out that the bus situation in winter might get a little tricky (esp. if you're carrying a lot of stuff and the computer) so I'm thinking about investigating monthly car permit options in the forest street plaza in a couple of weeks and seeing if anyone wants to set up a rideshare to split the cost.

A.

:O you ditched me! Grumble Grumble Grumble!!...
Current Student
Send PM
Has anyone been able to register for M-Treks yet? I still get the "2010 M-Trek Registration - Coming in April 2010" message.

Also, don't know if they're gonna cancel the Iceland trek, because of all the volcanic activity recently.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
milias wrote:
Has anyone been able to register for M-Treks yet? I still get the "2010 M-Trek Registration - Coming in April 2010" message.

Also, don't know if they're gonna cancel the Iceland trek, because of all the volcanic activity recently.

I was able to register on april 1! I just checked..are you sure you are clicking the register tab on top?
Current Student
Send PM
paulymba wrote:
milias wrote:

I was able to register on april 1! I just checked..are you sure you are clicking the register tab on top?

Doh! I went to this page:

https://webuser.bus.umich.edu/Organizati ... r_clsd.htm

which I navigated to through the main M-Trek page.

Thanks for the info!
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
milias wrote:
paulymba wrote:
milias wrote:

Doh! I went to this page:

https://webuser.bus.umich.edu/Organizati ... r_clsd.htm

which I navigated to through the main M-Trek page.

Thanks for the info!

I can register also, click on register again, it will require you to log in with your UM account. Then you should get a form.
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks. Does anyone know what the consequences are if you register but end up not being able to go for whatever reason, given that it's still 4 months away? When would I have to fork over the cash?
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
milias wrote:
Thanks. Does anyone know what the consequences are if you register but end up not being able to go for whatever reason, given that it's still 4 months away? When would I have to fork over the cash?

If you paid your deposit, you lose your deposit.. pretty simple.
Current Student
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
milias wrote:

If you paid your deposit, you lose your deposit.. pretty simple.

Thanks. Just saw the part about the $350 deposit. Guess the deadline is 5/22.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: social enterprise
Schools:University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
 Q44  V47
Send PM
I'm glad the deadline is a ways away. I'm wavering big-time. Awesome experience, but any of the trips would literally eat what remains of my savings after paying the deposit. We'll see. You guys make any decisions on your top 3 (4?) yet?
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
conmisdosmanos wrote:
I'm glad the deadline is a ways away. I'm wavering big-time. Awesome experience, but any of the trips would literally eat what remains of my savings after paying the deposit. We'll see. You guys make any decisions on your top 3 (4?) yet?

Haha, I totally know how you feel. I would go personally if it wasn't that me and my gf have to do the couples trip (which is mexico). I think it's good bonding experience. :D then again I'm totally being hipocritical since we're not going :D
Current Student
Send PM
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert