Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: PE/VC
Schools:Tuck R1, Darden R1, McCombs R1, Fuqua R2 (Int-w/d)
 Q44  V44
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:MIT, UCLA, Texas
 Q45  V38
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Texas (McCombs) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink]
smadge37 wrote:
Asianstyles, sure you'll be interested in this. I pulled it off the admitted students website from one of the forums.

I will jump in to answer your scholarship question. Admissions will be awarding scholarships periodically throughout the coming months so technically you could be awarded a scholarship any time after you have been admitted. That said, in most cases, students will be contacted through email within a couple weeks of receiving their admission if they are being offered a scholarship. All admitted students to date have been considered for scholarships and a few more people will be contacted regarding this by the end of next week. If at any time you have to make a decision for another school, or you have come to your acceptance deadline with us, and this is a deciding factor in your decision, you are welcome to email us to see if we can provide a best guess at whether or not you are likely to receive an award. We appreciate everyone's patience in the scholarship award process.

Texas MBA Admissions

thanks for the info. sounds like that means no scholarships for me.
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Actually, it was posted today, so to me, reading between the lines, it sounds like they're calling about the first round of scholarships next week so you still have a shot!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:MIT, UCLA, Texas
 Q45  V38
Send PM
smadge37 wrote:
Actually, it was posted today, so to me, reading between the lines, it sounds like they're calling about the first round of scholarships next week so you still have a shot!

Posted from my mobile device

it is sort of strange that no one who has been admitted from this board has posted about scholarships. the odds are that at least one person would have gotten one and mentioned it. i think in last year's thread, there were quite a few folks that got one.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
has anyone heard anything about scholarships yet? i was told last week would be when it would occur but have yet to hear anything...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone. I got the admit call today.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
austinwriter wrote:
Hi everyone. I got the admit call today.

Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I got admit email yesterday. have been franticaaly trying to check in the admitted students website however with no luck. (It keeps telling me "this site is currently unavailable..we apologize..)

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Its been quiet lately....I heard scholarship decisions were to be made this week. Has anyone heard of any?
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V44
Send PM
chicagoan wrote:
Its been quiet lately....I heard scholarship decisions were to be made this week. Has anyone heard of any?

I received an email from Vicki Duran last night. It wasn't much - more of a token than anything else - but it was still nice.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
yeah, some schollie is better than none.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
smadge37 wrote:
chicagoan wrote:

I received an email from Vicki Duran last night. It wasn't much - more of a token than anything else - but it was still nice.

Congrats Smadge:) Yes, even a token will make a difference- esp if accompanied by the out-of-state waiver! Have you made your decision yet?
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V44
Send PM
chicagoan wrote:
smadge37 wrote:
chicagoan wrote:

Congrats Smadge:) Yes, even a token will make a difference- esp if accompanied by the out-of-state waiver! Have you made your decision yet?

I haven't yet. I still haven't heard from Tuck (though that's a crapshoot anyway) or scholarship info from Darden or if I'll be asked to interview at Duke...I love all the schools to which I applied so I'm hoping when I have all the facts in hand I'll just have an ephiphany and know where I want to go!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi,

Need some guidance.
I received an admit email last Friday for Class of 2012. I am still waiting on other schools so don't want to make a decision. At the same time, I certainly want to be considered for scholarships at McCombs.

The email says - "If you’ve been selected for a scholarship you will be notified by e-mail from our Director, usually within a couple weeks of receiving your acceptance notification".

So, that tells me that I need to accept the offer and have a few questions:
1) Is everyone accepting the offer to be considered for scholarship? Yes, the email says that but I just want to confirm.
2) How much do I need to pay to accept the offer?
3) What happens if I want to decline it later for another school?

Thanks for the help.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
@smadge37 - btw, I heard $10K is the maximum scholarship amount at UT (not include in-state tuition waiver). so congrats.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Kudos
thanks, asimov! you're so supportive!

conservative, I think that by "acceptance notification" the email actually means, you being notified of your acceptance - not you notifying them that you've accepted their offer. It's not worded very clearly. you don't have to first accept your offer of admission to be considered for a scholarship.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Thanks smadge.

That does make sense after reading it again. So, I guess I can wait until I hear from other schools.

I still have few more questions though -
1) How much do I need to pay to accept the offer?
2) What if I need to decline the offer after accepting? I applied to the other schools for R2 and should know by next end of Feb for interview calls. If I do get selected for interview then it may take another month for their decisions. That takes me to March end while the deadline for McCombs is mid-march.

Thanks again for all the help.
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V44
Send PM
conservative wrote:
Thanks smadge.

That does make sense after reading it again. So, I guess I can wait until I hear from other schools.

I still have few more questions though -
1) How much do I need to pay to accept the offer?
2) What if I need to decline the offer after accepting? I applied to the other schools for R2 and should know by next end of Feb for interview calls. If I do get selected for interview then it may take another month for their decisions. That takes me to March end while the deadline for McCombs is mid-march.

Thanks again for all the help.

conservative, I'm actually not sure. I haven't gotten to that point in my decision - I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the deposit for UT is only (ha) $750. I think if you get to a point where you're still waiting to hear from other schools and it's time to send in your deposit to UT, it may be helpful to contact the admissions office and see if they can give you an extension - it can't hurt to ask, right? And, if not, just accept and then realize if you change your mind then your deposit is down the drain. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5