Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Booth '16 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.79
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
Send PM
Re: Booth (Chicago): Accepted Students - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Do we know the acceptance deadline yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi all, I am also admitted. Congrats to all who get admitted!! My Stats: G 750, W/E 2.5 yr IB, based on East Coast.

Originally posted by lyx302 on 27 Mar 2014, 20:27.
Last edited by lyx302 on 28 Mar 2014, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So glad to join u guys.
Strategic planning / PE / former Booz consultant from Brazil here.
Looking forward to meeting u all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE:Supply Chain Management (Retail)
Send PM
Do any students bring their pets? If so, is it convenient?

I have a cat and he is so sweet - I found him near my current apartment after he got lost because his original owner moved away... I don't want to give him up but am wondering how easy it is to bring pets... Thanks a bunch!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [1]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
redrose521 wrote:

I have a cat and he is so sweet - I found him near my current apartment after he got lost because his original owner moved away... I don't want to give him up but am wondering how easy it is to bring pets... Thanks a bunch!

Yes, it's pretty common. There's even a Facebook group called Booth Tails (213 members strong) devoted to furry friends. Just make sure you ask when you're apartment searching. Some places prohibit pets (or just dogs) and most charge an additional fee or deposit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Booth '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Hello All!

Recently, I was fortunate enough to be taken off the Booth Waitlist. However, a few days of elation was quickly replaced by anxiety over the amount of loans I will need to take out. I was offered no scholarship. Thus, my two year cost will be about $180,000. In addition, I still have $60,000 in undergrad loans. This means, I will have about $240,000 of loans when I graduate. I just read a report stating that the average indebtness of a Booth graduate is around $75,000, which seems so low! So my question for you guys if do you think Booth it is worth 180K plus the 60K of undergrad loans that I have? Should I apply to a lower-ranked program and hope for a sizable scholarship?

A little about my background. I currently work in the non-profit sector and make around 55K a year. I hope to work within the consulting industry after Booth for a few years to pay off my loans. I know everyone says a top 5 school is worth every penny, but I'm trying to fathom how long it will take to pay everything off.

New Booth Admit :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi my dear future classmates! I have a question about the $$, the admission person mentioned $$ over the phone, but it's not showing in my decision letter in system or the email from them today... Are there anywhere else we can see the $$ info? In the hardcopy letter that we may get next week?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aszx5527 wrote:
Hello All!

Recently, I was fortunate enough to be taken off the Booth Waitlist. However, a few days of elation was quickly replaced by anxiety over the amount of loans I will need to take out. I was offered no scholarship. Thus, my two year cost will be about $180,000. In addition, I still have $60,000 in undergrad loans. This means, I will have about $240,000 of loans when I graduate. I just read a report stating that the average indebtness of a Booth graduate is around $75,000, which seems so low! So my question for you guys if do you think Booth it is worth 180K plus the 60K of undergrad loans that I have? Should I apply to a lower-ranked program and hope for a sizable scholarship?

A little about my background. I currently work in the non-profit sector and make around 55K a year. I hope to work within the consulting industry after Booth for a few years to pay off my loans. I know everyone says a top 5 school is worth every penny, but I'm trying to fathom how long it will take to pay everything off.

New Booth Admit :-D

I worked at Booz and can tell you that most top tier Management Consultancies (Booz, McK, Bain and BCG) will pay for your second year tuition if you succeed as a summer intern. In addition, they will probably give you a sign-on bonus of about 20k. The fact is that they will only consider hiring you if you come from a top MBA program. Michigan Ross is as far as they will go.

To sum up, if you really want to pursue a career in Consulting, Chicago is your best option. Also, if you manage to get in a top tier Mgt Consulting firm during your summer internship, you'll be able to reduce your debt significantly!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I thought Booz stopped reimbursing second year tuition a year or two ago, but I could definitely be wrong. I have over 100 data points that indicate MBB absolutely do not. They only offer sponsorship to those who worked there pre-MBA. For the latest on consulting comp, I've found this site to be the most accurate. WSO isn't bad either.

https://managementconsulted.com/consulti ... a-interns/

Also, elite consultancies definitely recruit at lower ranked schools than Ross. My class this summer includes folks from several top 20 (non top-10) schools. Below the top 10-12 schools (which offer unlimited geographic flexibility), many firms only recruit regionally. Fuqua feeds mid-Atlantic offices, Goizueta to Atlanta, Anderson to west coast offices, etc.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ok, I don't know much about firm policies that vary from region, but I know for sure that MBB + Booz in South America will pay for your second year tuition after a successful summer internship (I thought that was some kind of global policy for these companies, but as brandon432 said, I am probably wrong).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
A few questions about financial aid.
- Can people post if they received $$ and maybe a range to understand the amount?
- Was it in the form of Merit or Fellowship?
- Can we be eligible to apply for the Fellowships after we are accepted?
- Is it true that no financial aid/merit aid is given? If so, what options are people looking at?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is anyone thinking of living near at the tides? I was thinking it might be a great choice to be across from the park considering I have a dog. Any current student suggestions on good places to live with a dog? (Not just pet friendly buildings but ones that are near dog parks or have dog runs or something like that) THanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE:Supply Chain Management (Retail)
Send PM
brandon432 wrote:
redrose521 wrote:

Yes, it's pretty common. There's even a Facebook group called Booth Tails (213 members strong) devoted to furry friends. Just make sure you ask when you're apartment searching. Some places prohibit pets (or just dogs) and most charge an additional fee or deposit.

Thank you!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Send PM
boothvkellogg89 wrote:
Is anyone thinking of living near at the tides? I was thinking it might be a great choice to be across from the park considering I have a dog. Any current student suggestions on good places to live with a dog? (Not just pet friendly buildings but ones that are near dog parks or have dog runs or something like that) THanks!

Lakeshore East (Tides, Shorehma, Aqua) are all close to the park, and have their own little park as well. I'm not sure what their pet policies are and they are on the pricey end of the spectrum.. South Loop tends to be popular with pet owners, as it's close to Millennium Park or several others and places are more likely to allow pets.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
brandon432 wrote:
boothvkellogg89 wrote:

Lakeshore East (Tides, Shorehma, Aqua) are all close to the park, and have their own little park as well. I'm not sure what their pet policies are and they are on the pricey end of the spectrum.. South Loop tends to be popular with pet owners, as it's close to Millennium Park or several others and places are more likely to allow pets.

Thanks Brandon! I'm looking into South Loop now, lots of choices!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
First of all, congrats to fellow admits!

I wanted to see if anyone was planning on attending both the Booth and Kellogg admit weekends on the 24th-26th. I am trying to figure out which day is best to visit each school... In all likelihood would try for Booth all day Friday and Kellogg on Saturday. Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know if there is a third-party background verification process at Booth (like Re-Vera that they use at Duke)? I didn't see any mention of it in any admit information I have received so far. I thought background verification is standard practice at all b-schools.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts