Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 18:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Joined: 24 Jan 2010
Posts: 35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2010, 09:32
One person who wrote my recommendation just received a personal email from Rod Garcia thanking him for his time and insight. What do you guys think?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2010, 09:49
phboom wrote:
One person who wrote my recommendation just received a personal email from Rod Garcia thanking him for his time and insight. What do you guys think?


I am sorry to be the one to tell you that but it does not mean anything... They sent a generic "Thank you" email from Rod Garcia to all R1 recommenders as well, whatever the outcome was (dinged,deferred or admitted).
You just have to wait until the interview invite wave in your location to know more about your chances!
Good Luck! I'll be waiting too, I am a deferred applicant....
Intern
Intern
Joined: 24 Jan 2010
Posts: 35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2010, 09:54
jag120 wrote:
phboom wrote:
One person who wrote my recommendation just received a personal email from Rod Garcia thanking him for his time and insight. What do you guys think?


I am sorry to be the one to tell you that but it does not mean anything... They sent a generic "Thank you" email from Rod Garcia to all R1 recommenders as well, whatever the outcome was (dinged,deferred or admitted).
You just have to wait until the interview invite wave in your location to know more about your chances!
Good Luck! I'll be waiting too, I am a deferred applicant....


Thanks! Keep the torch alive. I'm sure we'll be alright.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2010, 10:00
Thank you phboom! Hope is still here.... Hope we'll both get in at the end!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Posts: 101
Schools: HBS, Stanford, Haas, Booth, Columbia
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 10

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2010, 21:50
BostonArmyGuy wrote:
Just got the word today.. got a fellowship offer from Sloan.. 50k... pretty pumped.


So jealous! Congrats. I bet you were jacked up all day about that. I would be. I still have my fingers crossed. Mind sharing your profile.

Also, Moderator: please add me to R2 applicants. Thank.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 594
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 295

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2010, 00:00
phboom wrote:
jag120 wrote:
phboom wrote:
One person who wrote my recommendation just received a personal email from Rod Garcia thanking him for his time and insight. What do you guys think?


I am sorry to be the one to tell you that but it does not mean anything... They sent a generic "Thank you" email from Rod Garcia to all R1 recommenders as well, whatever the outcome was (dinged,deferred or admitted).
You just have to wait until the interview invite wave in your location to know more about your chances!
Good Luck! I'll be waiting too, I am a deferred applicant....


Thanks! Keep the torch alive. I'm sure we'll be alright.


Doh I am bummed by this "generic-ness" of the email. I was excited when my recommender forwarded me his email and he said he liked MIT a lot cuz they thanked him unlike other schools, lol. After that email, we talked literally 1.5 hours about the awesomeness of MIT Sloan and I almost fell in love with it! My application still says completed and under evaluation. I applied just minutes before the Round 2 deadline. I haven't heard anything since the submission. I recently had an alumni submit a letter of support for me to help bolster my candidacy.

Is MIT a lost cause considering everyone else is getting an interview or at least ding notifications? Or will invites be sent out only in March especially when other schools are interviewing mid-February?

(Btw congrats Boston guy!)
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2010, 00:13
gkumar wrote:

Doh I am bummed by this "generic-ness" of the email. I was excited when my recommender forwarded me his email and he said he liked MIT a lot cuz they thanked him unlike other schools, lol. After that email, we talked literally 1.5 hours about the awesomeness of MIT Sloan and I almost fell in love with it! My application still says completed and under evaluation. I applied just minutes before the Round 2 deadline. I haven't heard anything since the submission. I recently had an alumni submit a letter of support for me to help bolster my candidacy.

Is MIT a lost cause considering everyone else is getting an interview or at least ding notifications? Or will invites be sent out only in March especially when other schools are interviewing mid-February?

(Btw congrats Boston guy!)


What are you talking about gkumar??? It is perfectly NORMAL your app is still under evaluation. No one has received any interview/ding mail so far for R2.... First invite will come out late February, beginning of March.

The email is just a mass email for recommenders but that's it. You are still in the game like everyone else!

Hope it makes you feel better. Keep your hopes alive!
Current Student
Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 594
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 295

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2010, 08:51
jag120 wrote:
gkumar wrote:

Doh I am bummed by this "generic-ness" of the email. I was excited when my recommender forwarded me his email and he said he liked MIT a lot cuz they thanked him unlike other schools, lol. After that email, we talked literally 1.5 hours about the awesomeness of MIT Sloan and I almost fell in love with it! My application still says completed and under evaluation. I applied just minutes before the Round 2 deadline. I haven't heard anything since the submission. I recently had an alumni submit a letter of support for me to help bolster my candidacy.

Is MIT a lost cause considering everyone else is getting an interview or at least ding notifications? Or will invites be sent out only in March especially when other schools are interviewing mid-February?

(Btw congrats Boston guy!)


What are you talking about gkumar??? It is perfectly NORMAL your app is still under evaluation. No one has received any interview/ding mail so far for R2.... First invite will come out late February, beginning of March.

The email is just a mass email for recommenders but that's it. You are still in the game like everyone else!

Hope it makes you feel better. Keep your hopes alive!


Thanks for the reassurance. My nerves are quite frayed. :? I thought Boston guy got accepted so invites/dings have been sent out.

Moderators, I noticed that I am not on the R2 roll call. Please add me!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 457
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 13:44
One of my recommender's got this, I know it's generic and really does not mean much...but still makes me hopeful:

Quote:
Dear Recommender,

I want to write you a note of appreciation for providing a recommendation for Jivana, whose application is currently under review. Although privacy concerns prevent us from disclosing the outcome of Jivana’s application, I want you to know that I very much appreciate—and value—the time you took to provide the recommendation.

With sincere appreciation,

Rod Garcia
Intern
Intern
Joined: 17 Feb 2010
Posts: 2
Schools: MIT (R1 admit), HBS (R1 ding), Booth (R2 interview), Stanford (R2 silence)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 19:01
BostonArmyGuy wrote:
Just got the word today.. got a fellowship offer from Sloan.. 50k... pretty pumped.


That's awesome, BostonArmyGuy. Congratulations.

Has anyone other than BostonArmyGuy received a fellowship from MIT Sloan? Does anyone know generally what the time frame is for Sloan to offer fellowships to R1 admits? If I haven't received one by now (I'm an R1 admit), does that mean I'm not likely to receive one? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Oct 2009
Posts: 29
Location: Boston, MA
Schools: HBS R1, Wharton R1, Chicago Booth R1, CBS Jan, MIT Sloan R1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2010, 06:56
I got another email a couple of days ago from the adcom saying that they give out 30 fellowships each year ranging in size from 5k to the entire tuition.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2010, 19:43
Hi All,

I was wondering if any R1 admit could tell us when is the deposit deadline for Sloan. It should be a pretty good piece of information to understand when to expect R2 invite to be sent out...

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Joined: 17 Feb 2010
Posts: 2
Schools: MIT (R1 admit), HBS (R1 ding), Booth (R2 interview), Stanford (R2 silence)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2010, 00:39
jag120 wrote:
Hi All,

I was wondering if any R1 admit could tell us when is the deposit deadline for Sloan. It should be a pretty good piece of information to understand when to expect R2 invite to be sent out...

Thanks


April 1.
Current Student
Joined: 05 Sep 2009
Posts: 93
Schools: Stanford '12
WE 1: Wall Street Finance
WE 2: Entrepreneurship
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 18

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2010, 05:55
Jivana wrote:
One of my recommender's got this, I know it's generic and really does not mean much...but still makes me hopeful:

Quote:
Dear Recommender,

I want to write you a note of appreciation for providing a recommendation for Jivana, whose application is currently under review. Although privacy concerns prevent us from disclosing the outcome of Jivana’s application, I want you to know that I very much appreciate—and value—the time you took to provide the recommendation.

With sincere appreciation,

Rod Garcia



one of my recommenders forwarded me the exact same note...its definitely a generic template. no hope gained and no hope lost. i do wish these schools would get on with it tho...
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 12:13
Question to R1 interviewees/admits at MIT:

For the interview, what documents are you supposed to submit / take along at the interview?
More specifically, when is the submission of official transcript expected?

I needed to order transcripts from my undergrad school abroad and it might some time to get this done.

Also, any other items we need to be aware off so that IF we are invited to interview, there are no last minute surprises.

Thanks
Current Student
Affiliations: ?
Joined: 20 Jul 2009
Posts: 191
Location: Africa/Europe
Schools: Kellogg; Ross ($$); Tuck
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 15:05
We are already in "late february" .... when will mit start sending the precious emails?

any "insider" info?
Current Student
Joined: 10 Dec 2009
Posts: 137
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 15:15
nutmba wrote:
Question to R1 interviewees/admits at MIT:

For the interview, what documents are you supposed to submit / take along at the interview?
More specifically, when is the submission of official transcript expected?

I needed to order transcripts from my undergrad school abroad and it might some time to get this done.

Also, any other items we need to be aware off so that IF we are invited to interview, there are no last minute surprises.

Thanks


just your official transcript is needed
_________________

Never give up your dreams!
http://dreamchasermbajourney.blogspot.com/

Current Student
Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 594
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 295

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 15:19
theDreamChaser wrote:
nutmba wrote:
Question to R1 interviewees/admits at MIT:

For the interview, what documents are you supposed to submit / take along at the interview?
More specifically, when is the submission of official transcript expected?

I needed to order transcripts from my undergrad school abroad and it might some time to get this done.

Also, any other items we need to be aware off so that IF we are invited to interview, there are no last minute surprises.

Thanks


just your official transcript is needed


How much notice do they give you when scheduling the interview? My schools takes about a week to two weeks for the official transcript to arrive. If not, I will have to order now and splurge money for the transcripts even before invites are sent. I'd rather avoid this situation. Is this enough time?
Current Student
Joined: 10 Dec 2009
Posts: 137
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 15:39
gkumar wrote:
theDreamChaser wrote:
nutmba wrote:
Question to R1 interviewees/admits at MIT:

For the interview, what documents are you supposed to submit / take along at the interview?
More specifically, when is the submission of official transcript expected?

I needed to order transcripts from my undergrad school abroad and it might some time to get this done.

Also, any other items we need to be aware off so that IF we are invited to interview, there are no last minute surprises.

Thanks


just your official transcript is needed


How much notice do they give you when scheduling the interview? My schools takes about a week to two weeks for the official transcript to arrive. If not, I will have to order now and splurge money for the transcripts even before invites are sent. I'd rather avoid this situation. Is this enough time?


there was enough time for me as I ordered it after my interview invite, but that was R1, which had the holiday break in between and a much longer time frame. I believe R2 is a much tighter schedule so I would just order it now just in case.
_________________

Never give up your dreams!
http://dreamchasermbajourney.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern
Joined: 24 Feb 2010
Posts: 43
Schools: Sloan, Cornell, Insead and IMD
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 06:21
Another RD2 applicant here. Waiting for ding/invite
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2010, 06:21
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Popular new posts 4 Calling all MIT Sloan 2008 applicants mNeo 619 13 Aug 2007, 21:02
New posts Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants (Interview Poll) hankpunk 1 09 Dec 2009, 01:49
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 286 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all MIT Sloan Fall 2011 Applicants! RogerDodger 2142 06 Aug 2010, 15:53
Popular new posts 4 Calling All MIT Sloan Fall 2011 WAITLISTED mysamgmatclub 40 01 Feb 2011, 06:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  45    Next  [ 898 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.