Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink]
Thank you phboom! Hope is still here.... Hope we'll both get in at the end!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Haas, Booth, Columbia
 Q49  V40
Send PM
BostonArmyGuy wrote:
Just got the word today.. got a fellowship offer from Sloan.. 50k... pretty pumped.

So jealous! Congrats. I bet you were jacked up all day about that. I would be. I still have my fingers crossed. Mind sharing your profile.

Also, Moderator: please add me to R2 applicants. Thank.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
phboom wrote:
jag120 wrote:
phboom wrote:
One person who wrote my recommendation just received a personal email from Rod Garcia thanking him for his time and insight. What do you guys think?

I am sorry to be the one to tell you that but it does not mean anything... They sent a generic "Thank you" email from Rod Garcia to all R1 recommenders as well, whatever the outcome was (dinged,deferred or admitted).
You just have to wait until the interview invite wave in your location to know more about your chances!
Good Luck! I'll be waiting too, I am a deferred applicant....

Thanks! Keep the torch alive. I'm sure we'll be alright.

Doh I am bummed by this "generic-ness" of the email. I was excited when my recommender forwarded me his email and he said he liked MIT a lot cuz they thanked him unlike other schools, lol. After that email, we talked literally 1.5 hours about the awesomeness of MIT Sloan and I almost fell in love with it! My application still says completed and under evaluation. I applied just minutes before the Round 2 deadline. I haven't heard anything since the submission. I recently had an alumni submit a letter of support for me to help bolster my candidacy.

Is MIT a lost cause considering everyone else is getting an interview or at least ding notifications? Or will invites be sent out only in March especially when other schools are interviewing mid-February?

(Btw congrats Boston guy!)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gkumar wrote:

Doh I am bummed by this "generic-ness" of the email. I was excited when my recommender forwarded me his email and he said he liked MIT a lot cuz they thanked him unlike other schools, lol. After that email, we talked literally 1.5 hours about the awesomeness of MIT Sloan and I almost fell in love with it! My application still says completed and under evaluation. I applied just minutes before the Round 2 deadline. I haven't heard anything since the submission. I recently had an alumni submit a letter of support for me to help bolster my candidacy.

Is MIT a lost cause considering everyone else is getting an interview or at least ding notifications? Or will invites be sent out only in March especially when other schools are interviewing mid-February?

What are you talking about gkumar??? It is perfectly NORMAL your app is still under evaluation. No one has received any interview/ding mail so far for R2.... First invite will come out late February, beginning of March.

The email is just a mass email for recommenders but that's it. You are still in the game like everyone else!

Hope it makes you feel better. Keep your hopes alive!
Current Student
Send PM
jag120 wrote:
gkumar wrote:

What are you talking about gkumar??? It is perfectly NORMAL your app is still under evaluation. No one has received any interview/ding mail so far for R2.... First invite will come out late February, beginning of March.

The email is just a mass email for recommenders but that's it. You are still in the game like everyone else!

Hope it makes you feel better. Keep your hopes alive!

Thanks for the reassurance. My nerves are quite frayed. :? I thought Boston guy got accepted so invites/dings have been sent out.

Moderators, I noticed that I am not on the R2 roll call. Please add me!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
One of my recommender's got this, I know it's generic and really does not mean much...but still makes me hopeful:

Quote:
Dear Recommender,

I want to write you a note of appreciation for providing a recommendation for Jivana, whose application is currently under review. Although privacy concerns prevent us from disclosing the outcome of Jivana’s application, I want you to know that I very much appreciate—and value—the time you took to provide the recommendation.

With sincere appreciation,

Rod Garcia
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:MIT (R1 admit), HBS (R1 ding), Booth (R2 interview), Stanford (R2 silence)
Send PM
BostonArmyGuy wrote:
Just got the word today.. got a fellowship offer from Sloan.. 50k... pretty pumped.

That's awesome, BostonArmyGuy. Congratulations.

Has anyone other than BostonArmyGuy received a fellowship from MIT Sloan? Does anyone know generally what the time frame is for Sloan to offer fellowships to R1 admits? If I haven't received one by now (I'm an R1 admit), does that mean I'm not likely to receive one? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:HBS R1, Wharton R1, Chicago Booth R1, CBS Jan, MIT Sloan R1
 Q49  V44
Send PM
I got another email a couple of days ago from the adcom saying that they give out 30 fellowships each year ranging in size from 5k to the entire tuition.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I was wondering if any R1 admit could tell us when is the deposit deadline for Sloan. It should be a pretty good piece of information to understand when to expect R2 invite to be sent out...

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Schools:MIT (R1 admit), HBS (R1 ding), Booth (R2 interview), Stanford (R2 silence)
Send PM
jag120 wrote:
Hi All,

I was wondering if any R1 admit could tell us when is the deposit deadline for Sloan. It should be a pretty good piece of information to understand when to expect R2 invite to be sent out...

Thanks

April 1.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools:Stanford '12
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Wall Street Finance
WE 2: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Jivana wrote:
One of my recommender's got this, I know it's generic and really does not mean much...but still makes me hopeful:

Quote:
Dear Recommender,

I want to write you a note of appreciation for providing a recommendation for Jivana, whose application is currently under review. Although privacy concerns prevent us from disclosing the outcome of Jivana’s application, I want you to know that I very much appreciate—and value—the time you took to provide the recommendation.

With sincere appreciation,

Rod Garcia

one of my recommenders forwarded me the exact same note...its definitely a generic template. no hope gained and no hope lost. i do wish these schools would get on with it tho...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Question to R1 interviewees/admits at MIT:

For the interview, what documents are you supposed to submit / take along at the interview?
More specifically, when is the submission of official transcript expected?

I needed to order transcripts from my undergrad school abroad and it might some time to get this done.

Also, any other items we need to be aware off so that IF we are invited to interview, there are no last minute surprises.

Thanks
Current Student
Affiliations: ?
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg; Ross ($$); Tuck
 Q48  V38
Send PM
We are already in "late february" .... when will mit start sending the precious emails?

any "insider" info?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
nutmba wrote:

For the interview, what documents are you supposed to submit / take along at the interview?

I needed to order transcripts from my undergrad school abroad and it might some time to get this done.

Also, any other items we need to be aware off so that IF we are invited to interview, there are no last minute surprises.

Thanks

just your official transcript is needed
Current Student
Send PM
theDreamChaser wrote:
nutmba wrote:

Thanks

How much notice do they give you when scheduling the interview? My schools takes about a week to two weeks for the official transcript to arrive. If not, I will have to order now and splurge money for the transcripts even before invites are sent. I'd rather avoid this situation. Is this enough time?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
gkumar wrote:
theDreamChaser wrote:
nutmba wrote:

Thanks

How much notice do they give you when scheduling the interview? My schools takes about a week to two weeks for the official transcript to arrive. If not, I will have to order now and splurge money for the transcripts even before invites are sent. I'd rather avoid this situation. Is this enough time?

there was enough time for me as I ordered it after my interview invite, but that was R1, which had the holiday break in between and a much longer time frame. I believe R2 is a much tighter schedule so I would just order it now just in case.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Intl Business, stratagy and entreperneurship
Schools:Sloan, Cornell, Insead and IMD
 Q48  V38
GPA: 78
Send PM
Another RD2 applicant here. Waiting for ding/invite
GMAT Club Bot