Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 20:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke(ER), CBS(ER), Cornell(R1), Yale(R1), Darden(R1), MIT(R1)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2009, 01:26
nink wrote:
GradBoy wrote:
Just got the interview invite!!! Now to figure out travel plans. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! :woohoo

Has anyone got an alumni or telephonic interview invite from india for Round1 Yale application?
Intern
Intern
Schools: dont know yet

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 25

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2009, 00:46
about this time next year, I'm going to bug you guys for advice and tips.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern, SOM, CBS

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2009, 13:29
So looks like they are trickling out interview invites as only one person got an interview invite since 10/19.
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 320 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2009, 13:57
Expert's post
Hi Nink,

I was looking through last year's thread. It looks like you got accepted in R1 after the decision deadline. Did you interview after the deadline? Do you know if it's common to get accepted after the decision deadline?

TIA

Diversity

Manager
Manager
Schools: NYU Stern Class of 2012
WE 1: GM, Diversified Financial Svcs.
WE 2: Sales & Trading
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2009, 15:52
Does anyone know if Yale releases acceptances before the December 18th deadline? Looking at last years thread, it looks like a few people either got one a few days early, or someone got one a few days late. Just curious, as I'm still in for a long wait either way, but I know some schools will release a decision shortly after the interview completes the applicants package.

Thanks,
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 685 [0], given: 548

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2009, 18:26
They don't send out admits after the decision date for R1. I did not get into YSOM after the deadline. I got in about 10 days (or about) before the deadline. Don't compare last year's deadline to this year's decision date. Last year's R1 decision date was in January 16th.

Last year, they did send out admits before decision date. But someone reported in this forum that Bruce told the applicants that they might not send out admits before the decision date. So who knows.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 01:17
I just had a chat with someone in the admissions office... they say that the applications have increased since last year and interview calls can come as close as a week before the decision date.. so keeping my fingers crossed... the only thing i dint like about the whole application procedure is that - they hold rejections till the decision date..
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 213 [0], given: 111

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 15:54
just submitted my application to yale (via the consortium). i'm pretty stupid though, because after i submitted, i remembered that yale won't even start reading the applications for consortium applicants until after december (which is when the consortium R2 deadline occurs). instead, i semi-rushed my app for today's R1 consortium deadline. oh well. congrats to all you guys with invites, and good luck to everyone else applying

GMAT Debrief

SVP
SVP

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 21:39
sgGmat wrote:
I just had a chat with someone in the admissions office... they say that the applications have increased since last year and interview calls can come as close as a week before the decision date.. so keeping my fingers crossed... the only thing i dint like about the whole application procedure is that - they hold rejections till the decision date..

That's pretty much standard with many other bschools.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 07:56
I called admissions about a week back, and again today. Both times, they mentioned that my application was "under review". Is it a bad sign that an app has been under review for more than a week? I mean, how long do they typically take to decide on the outcome of any single application?

They mentioned a couple of others things,
- The committee meets for a review every Friday (Invites trickling out every Friday?)
- I could call just before Thanksgiving for another status check (No more invites can be expected after?)

I.Am.Anxious.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 08:05
dhanur wrote:
I called admissions about a week back, and again today. Both times, they mentioned that my application was "under review". Is it a bad sign that an app has been under review for more than a week? I mean, how long do they typically take to decide on the outcome of any single application?

- The committee meets for a review every Friday (Invites trickling out every Friday?)
- I could call just before Thanksgiving for another status check (No more invites can be expected after?)

I.Am.Anxious.

I don't even see an "Under Review" status and I submitted a couple of days before the R1 deadline.

as nink said, chances are low if no word until T-giving.
SVP
SVP

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 08:19
When they say it's under review, it just means that your application package was sent to the admissions committee for review. (It's a standard reply until they get it back from the committee with a decision - usually, you can interpret it as..."We have nothing new to tell you because we don't really know yet")

Your application will go through once and then, will be reviewed for the second time after all the other apps were reviewed. It will be compared against other apps and etc.

VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 08:20
dhanur wrote:

I.Am.Anxious.

be careful to not call too much as some schools frown upon that.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 213 [0], given: 111

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 08:22
^i was thinking the same thing.

GMAT Debrief

SVP
SVP

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 09:01
shawdowsjc and lagomez is right on the money.

You shouldn't call for status update every week. No bschool has that obligation to perform such service (even though I understand that applicants are anxious - I've been there).

Admissions office has tons of stuff to do. They have to process incoming apps, field calls with questions, update applications if new info is received and etc. Definitely, don't call every week.

SVP
SVP

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 11:25
Article on Yale Daily News about recent Businessweek's employment statistics and Yale SOM

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/unive ... st-hiring/

Current Student
Schools: Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2009, 14:01
I'm in for Round 2.

Detailed Profile with Interviews/Dings/Admits: Go Here

Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden, Duke, Booth, Texas, Georgetown

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2009, 16:24
Submitted on 11/16..waiting..
SVP
SVP

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2009, 17:49
Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC-Paris, Tepper-CMU, Berkley-Haas

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2009, 20:11
Hi nink,

I was planning to apply to Yale R2. I wanted to know whether Yale is good for someone who wants to pursue a career in Tech Industry, primarily in product management. Even though the placement stats does not tell much about the technical companies visiting the campus, I can see your profile suggests that you have taken a technical concentration.

-V
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants   [#permalink] 17 Nov 2009, 20:11