Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink]
In case you didn't see it, the new ranking from the Economist puts Tuck in #2!

https://www.economist.com/whichmba
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
summitbid wrote:
wastrelll wrote:
Going by the posts made on this forum, I am really really late in applying. I have started working on the essays this morning itself. Have to write essays for Chicago and LBS too, with less than 3 weeks left. Even though I am clear about my short term and long term goals, I am sure its going to be a busy September end.

Hoping to see some admits in EA round from this forum.

right there with you buddy...barely started on my first app....
please add me to the count for ea

Hi all I guess I'm pretty late on my application as well. I have just finished drafting 3 of the 4 essays, and this is only 1st draft. I just came back from Hanover earlier today, was there for the campus tour and interview. THE PLACE IS GORGEOUS! Now have to work hard on the essays. Let's work really hard on this so hopefully we can get to see one another in Hanover comes fall next year!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Hi everyone,

Tuck aspirant here- quick question: If I have my interview in the morning of 10.13 do you think that would be considered within the deadline? Does it sound ok as far as the early round is concerned?

Thanks-
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Kudos
widerangeinput wrote:
Hi everyone,

Tuck aspirant here- quick question: If I have my interview in the morning of 10.13 do you think that would be considered within the deadline? Does it sound ok as far as the early round is concerned?

Thanks-

Email admissions and ask!

RF
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
How close to the 500 word suggestion is everyone staying? I am shooting for around 550...but more space might be nice...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi,

How are you guys preparing a strategy for interview? I have my interview this week and without studying strategy, I am confused how to apply it to interview! Can you all share some tips on developing interview strategy?

Thanks,
gaga
Tuck School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 330 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Stanford (in), Tuck (WL), Wharton (ding), Cornell (in)
 Q50  V47
Send PM
refurb

Thanks for awesome posts and the feedback you're giving to applicants! Stick to this topic, please, 'cause we're damn scared :) (And by "we" I mean "me")

BTW, whats aceptance rate for Tuck? Wiki says about 10% in 2009 -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck_Schoo ... d_rankings

Poets & Quants talk about 18.8%, don't know how did they get this -
https://poetsandquants.com/2010/07/15/co ... -business/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Schools:Tuck 2013
WE 1: Big 4
Send PM
Anybody know anything about the interview waitlists and how likely it is to get off the waitlist and get an interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross '13
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Hey all, on the online application, the section on international experience asks the question:

"Briefly describe any experiences you have working, studying, living, or traveling outside your home county. Include the location, purpose, and length of stay. If relevant, reflect on how these experiences have shaped your world view. (Limit 250 words)"

if you have no recent (ie, relevant experience abroad) how would you address this question? my only travel abroad was a trip in highschool - so I've never been abroad for work, even though i interact with alot of people overseas on a daily basis for work. Thoughts?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
mba2013 wrote:
Hey all, on the online application, the section on international experience asks the question:

"Briefly describe any experiences you have working, studying, living, or traveling outside your home county. Include the location, purpose, and length of stay. If relevant, reflect on how these experiences have shaped your world view. (Limit 250 words)"

if you have no recent (ie, relevant experience abroad) how would you address this question? my only travel abroad was a trip in highschool - so I've never been abroad for work, even though i interact with alot of people overseas on a daily basis for work. Thoughts?

The question doesn't state "recent". The question does state "any", including non-work travel. I wouldn't mention that you work with people overseas unless there is some connection between the two.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
shalva wrote:
refurb
Thanks for awesome posts and the feedback you're giving to applicants! Stick to this topic, please, 'cause we're damn scared :) (And by "we" I mean "me")

BTW, whats aceptance rate for Tuck? Wiki says about 10% in 2009 -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck_Schoo ... d_rankings

Poets & Quants talk about 18.8%, don't know how did they get this -
https://poetsandquants.com/2010/07/15/co ... -business/

Poet&Quants is more accurate.

I know in my year (Class of 2011), the acceptance rate was around 18% I think? And this year it was even higher (because of the high yield) at 20%.

Normally, when Tuck actually meets it's class size goal (240 students), the acceptance rate is in the low teens.

RF
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Hi all, I was just at Tuck on Monday for the interview (plus class visit, campus tour, etc.). It was, overall, a great experience. I'm completely drawn toward the campus itself and how beautiful everything is. Walking around Stell Hall makes you feel like you're living through part of that history. Anyway, the interview itself was fairly short (I think it was 45 minutes, but I didn't even feel like 45 minutes has passed) and extremely conversational. My interviewer told me that he wants the interview to be just like a conversation, which was indeed true. The class visit was a neat experience as well, as that is my first b-school class visit. Overall, it was a great Tuck experience!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I also had a very good, though very short, trip to Tuck. I really liked the students I met and was also impressed by most of the candidates I met. It is easy to see why the ratio of applicants to acceptances is low. The quality of applicants is quite high.

Well worth the trip.
B
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Ross 2013
GPA: 3.85
WE 1: Pharmaceutical industry 5 years, C level
Send PM
guys count me in for early decision
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Guess what. I am not that early for the Early action round. Will start working on the Tuck essays tonight. Got my recommender's name listed there on the website.. Anybody else in the same boat??
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Anandzz wrote:
Guess what. I am not that early for the Early action round. Will start working on the Tuck essays tonight. Got my recommender's name listed there on the website.. Anybody else in the same boat??

Anandzz, are you still planning to apply for the EA? If so, best of luck!! The unfortunate (and probably fortunate as well) thing for Tuck is that there are several different essays to write, unlike UVA, which only has 2. At any rate, I hope it all works out in the end!
Tuck School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 330 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Stanford (in), Tuck (WL), Wharton (ding), Cornell (in)
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Kudos
I've just updated the roll call - if there are any errors,you're not listed, you've changed your mind - moved to other round - post it here or PM me.

Early Action guys: Share please your interview experience, was it self-initiated or were you invited, how did it go, etc.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  107   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts