Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all HEC Montreal Applicants: (April 2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
kristou wrote:
kristou wrote:
Hello All,

i finally had my interview yesterday. 30 min of very basic and predictible questions. I am waiting for the feedback.
I also got interview invitation for McGill yesterday for this week.

Wish me good luck.

Good luck to all of you too.

i have been accepted!!

Good luck to all

Congrats! It's always nice to have one in the bag! If you accept you'll be starting very soon.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all HEC Montreal Applicants: (April 2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Updates?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
WayneHam wrote:
Updates?

So you decided to join ? What about the Sloan results ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Unfortunately I was not accepted, good look to you all.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jrdaza wrote:

Oh :(
I wish you all the best and wish you a lot of success !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jrdaza wrote:

Sorry to hear that. How about your McGill application?

oops, my mistake! How about your HULT application?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
amitjathar wrote:
WayneHam wrote:
Updates?

Still no news from MIT which I find weird, as if I missed an email or something.

In any case I accepted at HEC.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
WayneHam wrote:
amitjathar wrote:
WayneHam wrote:
Updates?

Still no news from MIT which I find weird, as if I missed an email or something.

In any case I accepted at HEC.

You can anytime confirm with them over email :)
Great to heat that you are joining HEC. From where you are coming? done with your study permit process?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
WE:Business Development (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi everyone,

First let me wish you all of you good luck in your applications phase.

I am interested in applying to this business school, however I hesitate a bit because of other programs that, at least in paper, seem stronger. For example, do employer prefer McGill MBAs to HEC Montreal MBAs?
Last year I was accepted at McGill but could not attend primarly because of financial reasons, and now at 31, I would like to be in a 1-yr program.

Can you give me some additional insights? I mean, my post MBA goal is to stay in Canada and search for a job, I know this is a case-by-case scenario and that perhaps it depends on the field I choose to develop my post MBA career. However I wonder how does this program competes with other programs in both, Montreal and Toronto, which are the biggest markets in Canada.

If anyone is forming a https://gmatclub.com/chat group of applicants/admitted students, I would like to be part of if. My number is +57 300 6774177.

Thanks everyone,
Fernando
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fermar84 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am interested in applying to this business school, however I hesitate a bit because of other programs that, at least in paper, seem stronger. For example, do employer prefer McGill MBAs to HEC Montreal MBAs?
Last year I was accepted at McGill but could not attend primarly because of financial reasons, and now at 31, I would like to be in a 1-yr program.

Can you give me some additional insights? I mean, my post MBA goal is to stay in Canada and search for a job, I know this is a case-by-case scenario and that perhaps it depends on the field I choose to develop my post MBA career. However I wonder how does this program competes with other programs in both, Montreal and Toronto, which are the biggest markets in Canada.

If anyone is forming a https://gmatclub.com/chat group of applicants/admitted students, I would like to be part of if. My number is +57 300 6774177.

Thanks everyone,
Fernando

Hi Fernando,
The average class profile is older at HEC. At the age of 31, it makes more sense to go to HEC (closer to the average class profile) unless you want to change the domain/job function and need the 2 year MBA. The HEC is more renowned than Mcgill (at least in Quebec) for MBA. Also, HEC gives more ROI than any other MBA in Canada. The job prospects in Montreal are great for Francophones but not so good for Anglophones. Generally Anglophones prefer to move to Toronto after the MBA. HEC has good network in Toronto and it also conducts networking events there.
But definitely, the competition is more in Toronto, as we have to compete with the talents from the local schools (York, Rotman,Queens,Ivey)
So, IMO, if you get an admission (and can AFFORD) any other better Ontario school (York, Rotman,Queens,Ivey) , then you should choose that but if you are going for MBA In Montreal, then HEC should be the best choice.
All the best with your applications :)

Thanks for sharing your number. There is no https://gmatclub.com/chat groups as of now. Lets see if other prospective students want, so that we can create one.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi [all the admitted students],
Please let me know if we can have a https://gmatclub.com/chat group of HEC Montreal admitted students. If yes, then please share your numbers and we can start one.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
fermar84 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone,
Fernando

I have no idea from an employer point of view but it's not unreasonable that the stronger school on paper would be the stronger school viewed by employers. I'd say in the rest of Canada, people that are not exposed to business schools have no idea about HEC Montreal because it is affiliated with Universite de Montreal but it's not a Universite de Montreal MBA, it's a HEC Montreal MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
jrdaza wrote:
kristou wrote:
kristou wrote:
Hello All,

i finally had my interview yesterday. 30 min of very basic and predictible questions. I am waiting for the feedback.
I also got interview invitation for McGill yesterday for this week.

Wish me good luck.

Good luck to all of you too.

i have been accepted!!

Good luck to all

Congratulation, and have you decided about Mcgill?

I wish you the best, whatever program will be a great experience for you.

I have been accepted at McGill also. I think that i will choose McGill for the reputation and the network. Even if the tuition is expensive and i still trying to figure out how i will pay it.
Good luck to everyone and enjoy your class at HEC.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
That's great that you were accepted. McGill is always one of top universities in Canada each year so it's known throughout Canada. If you can pay and put in the time it's a great choice for sure.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
kristou , Congratulations !
Wish you all the best and a lot of success in your MBA :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All HEC Montreal Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All HEC Montreal Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All HEC Montreal Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated HEC Montreal Forum to dive into all things related to HEC Montreal's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts