It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 06:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 372

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2017, 08:56
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Welcome to all Desautels (McGill University) full time MBA applicants! Use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Good luck to you all!





Desautels reviews on GMAT Club

Link to GMATClub's Application Tracker: https://gmatclub.com/forum/desautels-mc ... acker.html

Desautels MBA Deadlines
Application DeadlineDecision Date
R1Nov 1, 17Rolling
R2Jan 15, 18Rolling
R3*Mar 15, 18Rolling
R4May 1, 18Rolling

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 372

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2017, 09:12
I am a current MBA year 2 student at Desautels and would be happy to assist if you have any queries/clarifications. Please note that the opinions, ideas, thoughts expressed by me here are not official in any way and should not be linked back to Desautels Faculty. I am here just on my own to see if I can be useful to prospective students. Good luck!

If you need any official answers, please ask the admissions team here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-about-mc ... 34790.html

Best Regards,
Vijay

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jul 2017
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 13:58
Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the post, do you know when is the deadline for First round of 2018 Intake? I checked their website but could not find anything related to 2018.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 372

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2017, 21:25
It's normally around the same deadline as the previous year. I guess you can safely assume it to be 1st or second of November. The website has not been updated as the admissions cycle has not been opened yet. It should be updated in August.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jul 2017
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2017, 07:19
Thanks Vijay

VijayG6387 wrote:
It's normally around the same deadline as the previous year. I guess you can safely assume it to be 1st or second of November. The website has not been updated as the admissions cycle has not been opened yet. It should be updated in August.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jul 2017
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 11:02
Hi once again vijay,

Can you share your experience at Desautels? how is faculty members? job opportunities after graduation and housing stuff?

thanks
VijayG6387 wrote:
It's normally around the same deadline as the previous year. I guess you can safely assume it to be 1st or second of November. The website has not been updated as the admissions cycle has not been opened yet. It should be updated in August.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 372

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2017, 21:14
nsb58 wrote:
Hi once again vijay,

Can you share your experience at Desautels? how is faculty members? job opportunities after graduation and housing stuff?

thanks
VijayG6387 wrote:
It's normally around the same deadline as the previous year. I guess you can safely assume it to be 1st or second of November. The website has not been updated as the admissions cycle has not been opened yet. It should be updated in August.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


I wrote a review last month. I'm sure it answers most of the questions you've asked.
https://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/d ... -345353866
Would be happy to answer if you have any specific questions after reading this.

Best Regards,
Vijay G

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jul 2017
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2017, 08:41
thanks vijay, it is really helpful.

VijayG6387 wrote:
nsb58 wrote:
Hi once again vijay,

Can you share your experience at Desautels? how is faculty members? job opportunities after graduation and housing stuff?

thanks
VijayG6387 wrote:
It's normally around the same deadline as the previous year. I guess you can safely assume it to be 1st or second of November. The website has not been updated as the admissions cycle has not been opened yet. It should be updated in August.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


I wrote a review last month. I'm sure it answers most of the questions you've asked.
https://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/d ... -345353866
Would be happy to answer if you have any specific questions after reading this.

Best Regards,
Vijay G

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2017, 13:36
Hello, everyone, I'm planning to apply for the class of 2020, however, i'm afraid that my GMAT scores are not stellar. So my question is; what's an acceptable GMAT score in order to get admitted, and what was your overall experience in the admissions process?

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2017, 13:41
jamolo wrote:
Hello, everyone, I'm planning to apply for the class of 2020, however, I'm afraid that my GMAT scores are not stellar. So my question is; what's an acceptable GMAT score in order to get admitted, and what was your overall experience in the admissions process?

Thanks!


Also: I'm taking the GRE test since I am submitting an application for another master program, would you recommend me to use the GRE scores instead of the GMAT?
I am an international student taking TOEFL, but the only one administered here in my city is the Paper Based TOEFL (ITP), does McGill accept this version?

Thanks again.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2016
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: United Arab Emirates
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V27
GPA: 3.1
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2017, 16:35
Nationality: Indian

Age:29

GMAT:620

Undergrad: BE(Computer Engineering,PICT, University of Pune)
Post Grad: MBA(Marketing, Welingkar, Mumbai)

Work Exp: 3+(Working as an Assistant retail manager with Landmark Group in Dubai, campus placement)

I founded dotcom startup after engg. Worked with it for couple of years as BDO before I wound up. Active participation in theatrical activities during my grad days. I along with some my engg alumni started theater organization which still exists.

Do I hold any chance? I agree with the fact that my GMAT is on lower side. Considering the option of retaking the GMAT.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 4699

Kudos [?]: 3706 [1], given: 2420

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2017, 23:53
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post

Kudos [?]: 3706 [1], given: 2420

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Posts: 87

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 32

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2017, 06:26
anujkolekar wrote:
Nationality: Indian

Age:29

GMAT:620

Undergrad: BE(Computer Engineering,PICT, University of Pune)
Post Grad: MBA(Marketing, Welingkar, Mumbai)

Work Exp: 3+(Working as an Assistant retail manager with Landmark Group in Dubai, campus placement)

I founded dotcom startup after engg. Worked with it for couple of years as BDO before I wound up. Active participation in theatrical activities during my grad days. I along with some my engg alumni started theater organization which still exists.

Do I hold any chance? I agree with the fact that my GMAT is on lower side. Considering the option of retaking the GMAT.


Hello, there.

You will pretty much have to retake GMAT and preferably score over 700. Your work experience is short compared to your age so I'd recommend coming up with a clear story on why in your essay.

However, since you already have your MBA, I don't know whether other programs will accept you. I'd recommend looking into admission requirements. Normally, MBA programs will not accept you if you already have an MBA from elsewhere.

Good luck.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 32

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 301

Kudos [?]: 49 [1], given: 36

Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2017, 02:50
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi VijayG6387,

Can you please add essay questions too? I downloaded these (attached below) from Desautel's website.

Thanks,
Attachments

Desautels Essay Questions.pdf [253.17 KiB]
Downloaded 14 times

To download please login or register as a user


_________________

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Kudos [?]: 49 [1], given: 36

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: Transforming Educational System
Joined: 21 Sep 2016
Posts: 265

Kudos [?]: 87 [1], given: 42

Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2017, 03:40
1
This post received
KUDOS
EduSimplified wrote:
Hi VijayG6387,

Can you please add essay questions too? I downloaded these (attached below) from Desautel's website.

Thanks,


Straight from the horse's mouth:

Our essays will remain the same this year, which is why they appear under 2016. You can download this file and start preparing their answers.
_________________

Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 87 [1], given: 42

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: Transforming Educational System
Joined: 21 Sep 2016
Posts: 265

Kudos [?]: 87 [1], given: 42

Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2017, 09:29
1
This post received
KUDOS
Here is a snapshot of Class Profile (Class of 2019):

Total number: 65 students
Percentage of women: 47%
Number of countries : 20
Average GMAT score: 680
Average GPA: 3.3 / 4.0
_________________

Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 87 [1], given: 42

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Jul 2016
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.77
WE: Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 05:34
VijayG6387 wrote:
I am a current MBA year 2 student at Desautels and would be happy to assist if you have any queries/clarifications. Please note that the opinions, ideas, thoughts expressed by me here are not official in any way and should not be linked back to Desautels Faculty. I am here just on my own to see if I can be useful to prospective students. Good luck!

If you need any official answers, please ask the admissions team here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-about-mc ... 34790.html

Best Regards,
Vijay


Hi Vijay, I am planning to apply for McGill, wished to know how important is the knowledge of French language for a. Networking b. Internship/Post MBA jobs. Is it a good a to have or a mandate to land a job in Montreal region, speaking from the perspective of tech-consulting.

Thanks
--Ajay

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 372

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2017, 10:34
ajchauhan7 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
I am a current MBA year 2 student at Desautels and would be happy to assist if you have any queries/clarifications. Please note that the opinions, ideas, thoughts expressed by me here are not official in any way and should not be linked back to Desautels Faculty. I am here just on my own to see if I can be useful to prospective students. Good luck!

If you need any official answers, please ask the admissions team here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-about-mc ... 34790.html

Best Regards,
Vijay


Hi Vijay, I am planning to apply for McGill, wished to know how important is the knowledge of French language for a. Networking b. Internship/Post MBA jobs. Is it a good a to have or a mandate to land a job in Montreal region, speaking from the perspective of tech-consulting.

Thanks
--Ajay


I wrote a review two months ago. I'm sure it answers most of the questions you've asked.
https://gmatclub.com/reviews/comments/d ... -345353866
Would be happy to answer if you have any specific questions after reading this.

Best Regards,
Vijay G

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Mar 2016
Posts: 73

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 22:19
i have submitted my application with all required documents to McGill ..can anyone tell how much time the Adcom take to respond to give a admission decision or an interview call ??

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: Transforming Educational System
Joined: 21 Sep 2016
Posts: 265

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 42

Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 22:25
vks0088 wrote:
i have submitted my application with all required documents to McGill ..can anyone tell how much time the Adcom take to respond to give a admission decision or an interview call ??


They can take anytime between 3-5 weeks. But you should start preparing for the interviews even before you get a call.
_________________

Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 42

Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020   [#permalink] 08 Oct 2017, 22:25

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 23 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.